• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Guitar Hero World Tour

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    Oh, you mean Guitar Hero: Rock Band? Yeah, I've seen it :X What a shameless attempt at moneygrabbing.

Persona

Banned
    Years
  • It seems like those extra buttons and cymbals in this game that will make it better than Rock Band don't come cheap. Gamestop is selling the bundle at $189.99 for both the Xbox 360 and PS3. Including tax, that'll be well over $200.

Considering I've already bought into Rock Band, there is no way I'm going to have more overpriced pieces of plastic lying around in my room. Guitar Hero was of the most unique series in a while, yet now it's a series that is snatching up all the features they can from their competitors. I'm waiting for Rock Band 2, no question.

MudMast

Does not exist.
    Years
  • whoa, I just checked ConsoleHero, and found the instrumentS:

Ill just quote this:
    https://consolehero.com/ said:
    Instruments

Guitar Hero: World Tour is the first game in the Guitar Hero series to feature a full band kit, that is to say that this game will have not only a guitar controller, but will have a drum set and microphone as well.

The Guitar

Guitar Hero World Tour

Starting with the guitar, you will notice that the new guitar controller has a few new features. The most significant change is the touch sensitive pad just down from the regular fret buttons. The new pad will allow notes to be altered during sustains by sliding up and down the strip. The new strip can also be used to tap out notes as well, and is used extensively in the music creator.

For those who would be worried about compatibility, Activision has said that all previous Guitar Hero controllers will work with Guitar Hero: World Tour.

Oh… We've got plenty more information for you… after the break

From an aesthetic point of view, the back/select button has been modeled to look like the bridge of a guitar. This is fantastic for those who prefer to use the select button to activate star power as well because it's not only bigger, but easier to locate while playing. The body of the guitar controller itself is also bigger, more closely mimicing an actual guitar, and the d-pad has been shaped to look more like a real control knob on a guitar.

The Microphone

Guitar Hero World Tour

The microphone is pretty standard as far as video games go, and in fact looks very much like the Rock Band Microphone.

We were hoping for some improvement to the rock band design by an addition of some form of game navigation (hello 3rd-party manufacturers, we're talking to you here).

Activating Star Power in the game with the microphone is done by tapping it quickly or "making a quick similar sound" during gameplay.

The Drums

Guitar Hero World Tour

Guitar Hero: World Tour's biggest addition is without a doubt the drums. The drums with the game are the most realistic compared to a real electronic drum kit that we've seen yet. The drum set features 3 regular pads, a bass pedal, and two raised cymbals.

Activision promises us that the Guitar Hero: World Tour drum kit is quieter than Rock Bands, the sound of which has been a concern for some gamers (and their housemates). The drum heads are also larger than the Rock Band drum heads at 8 inches in diameter making them easier to hit, and they are also spaced out a little more.

As a bonus, the drum set is wireless and because the drums are now "velocity sensitive" they will respond to your touch appropriately. Hit the drum pad hard and it will be louder, hit the drum pad softly and it will sound softer.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    Starting with the guitar, you will notice that the new guitar controller has a few new features. The most significant change is the touch sensitive pad just down from the regular fret buttons. The new pad will allow notes to be altered during sustains by sliding up and down the strip. The new strip can also be used to tap out notes as well, and is used extensively in the music creator.
    Wasted potential :\ It's only able to be used during sustains? So it's just a whammy bar? Oh wait, you can tap out notes in hammer ons..waitaminute, didn't the Rock Band guitar do that? ..

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
  • Oh, you mean Guitar Hero: Rock Band? Yeah, I've seen it :X What a shameless attempt at moneygrabbing.

Ha ha! Completely agreed! My friends and I just call it Rock Band 2 because that's basically what it is and what it SHOULD have been called. Kind of silly to name it "Guitar Hero" when there are clearly other instruments included with it.

Yeah, I watched the trailer for it, and I will admit: this was upsetting to hear about at first. Anyone who places Rock Band as a favorite game would be thinking at first "only a copy." The only reason this game has caught my interest is because of the new drums' sensitivity and the two cymbals on top. Seems like a nice new feature compared to the Rock Band drum kit, so I really am considering purchase on this game. I dunno ... maybe.

https://consolehero.com/ said:
    Activision promises us that the Guitar Hero: World Tour drum kit is quieter than Rock Bands, the sound of which has been a concern for some gamers (and their housemates).

Wait wait ... what? Quieter? I don't know if anyone broke the news to Activision yet, but, last time I checked, drums are not supposed to be quiet. "If its too loud, you're too old."

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    While it is pretty similar to Rock Band, it's definitely a step up. Take the drums for example, GH4's are quieter, the pads are larger, and the silicone will definitely make it easier to do certain things; like drum rolls for example. Not to mention the cymbals are just plain cool...Rock Band also doesn't give you the option to "create a song". GH4 also has a huge standard setlist (not counting DLC), and DLC is inevitable so you will have a ton of songs to play.

IMO, this will be the game to get for fans of the GH series and Rock Band, alike.

Guitar God in Training

Glam Metal Rules
    Years
  • It seems like those extra buttons and cymbals in this game that will make it better than Rock Band don't come cheap. Gamestop is selling the bundle at $189.99 for both the Xbox 360 and PS3. Including tax, that'll be well over $200.

You're lucky in the US, 200 USD is just over 100 GBP. Considering Rock Band cost more than £150 I'm expecting Guitar Hero World Tour to cost about £200 which is about 380 dollars.

UK = screwed by games companies.
    US = lucky bastards.

Also Rock Band's instruments are absolutely aweful.
    The guitar strum bar is incredibly unresponsive and the drums have to be hit dead on centre to register. They also break easily.
    So far Guitar Hero has produced the best instruments that rarely have serious problems.
    The only problem so far with Guitar Hero guitars is the detachable neck not connecting properly. (which can easily be fixed)

sudden_hit

The Chikorita lover :]
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    Cannot wait for this :) been watching this for a while now, looks much better than rock band...

ALso you can record your own songs and publish them on marketplace and "big" up your bands crudentials etc... Also you can edit your characters looks etc...

Toblerone

Which chocolate is the best?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    It looks very good, and better than Rock Band. Even so it will be expensive and, well, i love Guitar Hero (plus i don't have the money), so i won't get it straight away on it's release.

Man of Faith

My, my, Doctor Saunders.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    I have to agree with Sawaa, but I'll probably buy it... And the Rock Band instruments where kinda sucky. But that was the only problem.

I'm gonna get Rock Band II GH4 and use it to record 1000s of horrible songs! :D

Can't wait.

Gunn said:
    Ha ha! Completely agreed! My friends and I just call it Rock Band 2 because that's basically what it is and what it SHOULD have been called. Kind of silly to name it "Guitar Hero" when there are clearly other instruments included with it.

They couldn't do that! They'd lose out on some money. And they already have a Rock Band II coming out... o.o

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Oh, finally decided to update the the guitar hero guitar ehs? Doesn't look so horrible anymore either. Looks like they CAN improve off the original when they need to. they can actually slur now too, improvement indeed
    Drums i'm liking most cuz it's wireless and the pedal looks a bit less angled, other than that, i really don't care, those cymbal pieces look pretty fragile though...
    Ya, Microphone, who cares. I'd probably ridicule them if they tried to make it too fancy
    I'm actually interested how this is gonna work out on screen though, since we have Rhythm, Bass, Lead guitar, along with the drums and vocals
    Somehow i'm thinking the main game's gonna be more of the Rock Band type too

On one side, this actually IS an improvement, on the other side, It's REALLY obvious that they're ripping off rock band (can't these guys do anything without some sort of boost from Harmonix? XD) This is almost like the Motion Sensor thing between PS3 and Wii

But hey, ripping off other people is pretty much the basis of everything nowadays anyways, so i can see both franchises copying each other's stuff for as long as they exist.

Now if only you could actually sing in that record a song thing >>

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Eh, I'll most likely buy the game.
    All I have to say, considering I've already beaten RockBand for Wii on Medium, and I don't feel like going for expert.
    Yeah...

lolita_creep

INTERNET LOVE MACHINE
    Years
  • I think it actually looks like fun. I do know how much fun Rock Band can be though, so I may just get both! However, the thought of the addition of cymbals to the drums does quite appeal to me. :)

Back