• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Gym & Gym Leaders Discussion

Which gym leader do you like better?

• Atei

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Kamitsure

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • Yakon

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Furou

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • Hachiku

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Iris (White)

Votes: 17 18.1%
  • Shaga (Black)

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • Dento, Poddo or Koon

Votes: 13 13.8%
  • Aloe

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2010
    I have a feeling that Dento will be grass. Mainly on the fact that he has that lil' grass monkey thing. (the name doesnt come to me) Yanuppu?

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
    I hate how they waited until making a region New York to through in a Gay person in the games. Good job at being jerks Nintendo.

Oic...

Because Wallace/Mikuri is as not-gay as a rainbow, and Juan's as straight as a waterfall, and Tucker/Heath is the epitome of manliness. Not to mention, Harley puts the H in Heterosexual, hurr durr. ;P

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Okay that is getting off-topic, go back to the gym leaders we're speculating for B/W. D;

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
    Years
    I hate how they waited until making a region New York to through in a Gay person in the games. Good job at being jerks Nintendo.

There is nothing to prove any character's sexual preference in any Pokemon game. It doesn't even matter.

Anyway, I would like if there were more Multi-type gyms. It would make it more of a challenge instead of just using one or two Pokemon the whole time.

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
    Anyway, I would like if there were more Multi-type gyms. It would make it more of a challenge instead of just using one or two Pokemon the whole time.

I also wonder about this, and hope this is the case indeed. Even if it's not, I think it'd be a whole lot of fun to have every GL and E4 with a "wildcard", i.e. a Pokemon that doesn't match the type of the rest of the team. XD It's been done before, but not in every single gym or with every single E4. ;P

But, I'm guessing only the first gym has that in order to teach you and/or get you familiarized with triple battles, hmmm.

austy14

Cannibal
    Years

First, no one said it's absolutely New York, and who says he's gay? There are guys (like myself) that are quite in touch with their feminine side. I do all sorts of random princess twirls... but, I was bored so I randomly made this map of how I thought the journey would go, and marked what I thought could be gyms (and some other stuff) and I figure on the subject of gym speculation I'll post it! :D

Spoiler:

Also, maybe Dento and his gym buddies could have magical abilities to turn into the Yannapu trio! :o

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Update: I got this off of Pokebeach it seems like we don't have a dark gym this gen either :( also it tells us Aloe's gym and some others gyms:
    Spoiler:
    So the Heart badge wasn't Psychic or Poison after all... at least we don't even have a Rock gym at all :)

Hazeh

Pokemon Mastahhhhh~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2011
    Well, aloe is a plant that soothes burns, so I'm thinking Aloe could be water/fire ^^

As for Dento... All he makes me think of is pasta :x

The Red Chain

Update: I got this off of Pokebeach it seems like we don't have a dark gym this gen either :( also it tells us Aloe's gym and some others gyms:
    Spoiler:
    So the Heart badge wasn't Psychic or Poison after all... at least we don't even have a Rock gym at all :)

\o/ My prediction on the Heart badge was correct, no third time running! Woohoo!

So Aloe did turn out to be a Normal gym leader after all. I wonder if Isshu has any pure normal types.. as far as I remember there isn't any thus far. She'll prolly end up with Pokemon like Shikijika, or even Wooguru. <3

I'm greatly hoping for her to have a Wooguru, that would be just awesome. Judging by her looks, she looks to be a tough woman, so I dunno if Shikijika would fit into that aspect very well. But you never know, she could be a very gentle and loving person instead. :3

She just seems like one of those really hearty ladies who love to laugh, and will punch a nearby friend in the shoulder playfully ; ending up knocking them over from the sheer strength. ^^;

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Spoiler:

I should have guessed Aloe could be a Normal type Gym Leader. .-. After all, her clothes still suits the type and it seems normal I suppose. I'm going to assume the heart badge will be based off the Dragon type Gym Leader. I don't think it would suit ground or bug as much as it would with a dragon type. This could work for me though. It's nice to see Rock not have an input for the first time. :D

If Aloe is a normal type Gym Leader as said, depending on how many normal type pokémon Isshu has, her team can vary.

Last edited:

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Aloe will be in the NYC City Public Library or some Library near by as it looks exactly like a library does no one see that? Dento is the chef not Aloe...

Jaiyke

Dog Wizard
    Years
    i just thought of something for Dento's first gym xDD
    and if someone had this before me... sorry o-o;

what if it's a Triple Battle with Dento those 2 other people
    VS
    You, Cheren and Bel

~.~ i dunno maybe i'm thinkin outside the box xDD

Starters Vs Monkey Trio seems fun xDD

Years

VS
    You, Cheren and Bel

ohh we mentioned a triple battle but never one with Cheren and Bel, that sounds cool, I kind of wish that you are right :)

Years
    i know right! i think it would be fun and new for You and your Rivals to
    get your first badge at the same time ='DD
    Yeah plus we get to see them multiple times in the games, and team up against Plasma (at least that's what I think as we saw Cheren with the player when they meet Galactic) so why not the first badge with them too :D?!

austy14

Cannibal
    Years

VS
    You, Cheren and Bel

That would be awesome. Like you get to dento and Cheren and Belle get there at the same time, and Dento says something like let's make it fair and his friends come outta the wall. I really like tHat!

Jaiyke

Dog Wizard
    Years
    i think so too!!! =DD that'd be really sweet
    haha

aaaand maaaaan does Dento remind me of the President from Ookami-san xDD
    Spoiler:

Back