• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Gym & Gym Leaders Discussion

Which gym leader do you like better?

• Atei

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Kamitsure

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • Yakon

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Furou

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • Hachiku

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Iris (White)

Votes: 17 18.1%
  • Shaga (Black)

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • Dento, Poddo or Koon

Votes: 13 13.8%
  • Aloe

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I actually want to have rematches with the Gym Leaders. This gives us another way to level up our pokémon easier a little bit more. Since the Elite Four is the only main help for leveling up, the Gym Leaders could help us with that as well with rematches. Hopefully within the rematches they gain level and perhaps even have different moves/items for their pokémon. This gives it more "flavor" as I like to say and in other words, more challenging with a different experience.
    I think most of us here want rematchs for those reason, plus it's nice to have 13 different people to fight against with different types rather than just 5

Fushigidane-Chan

Years
    At any rate, it's been confirmed there aren't any rematches. I'm annoyed, but at least we got Elite Four rematches (which I prefer, honestly).

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    I dont know why they didn't put re matches in B/W. What were they thinking! They put gym rematches in all the games after and including Emerald! I wonder what made them change their minds... It really sucks that you only verse them ONCE in the whol game. Do you get to re verse Cynthia?

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I dont know why they didn't put re matches in B/W. What were they thinking! They put gym rematches in all the games after and including Emerald! I wonder what made them change their minds... It really sucks that you only verse them ONCE in the whol game. Do you get to re verse Cynthia?

Yeah, every spring and summer, once a day I believe.

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2022
    Gym leaders are getting more active?

Hi guys,well... I noticed that in B/W gym leaders are more active than in previous gens. I mean they actually battle and fight against Phantom Team in many occasions rather than just standing inside a building doing nothing than just waiting for challengers. What do you think? do you like how gym leaders are getting little by little more involved in the storyline in different ways than just to give you a badge?

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    Hi guys,well... I noticed that in B/W gym leaders are more active than in previous gens. I mean they actually battle and fight against Phantom Team in many occasions rather than just standing inside a building doing nothing than just waiting for challengers. What do you think? do you like how gym leaders are getting little by little more involved in the storyline in different ways than just to give you a badge?

I love it. I love that the designers are finally stepping up the characterization and letting the badass Gym Leaders get involved in the action.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Merged with the gym leader discussion thread~

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    Yeah, I'm glad that many gym leaders are doing more than standing in their gym all day. ..... Wow, that must be tiring. I've always wanted gym leaders to do more action in the story and that happened this Gen!

King Gumball

Years

They were involved in different ways in all the other games. Crasher Wake travels to the Heatran mountain place, Jasmine goes over seas to Sinnoh, They all give you rematches, Fantina and Jasmine verse you in the Pokemon Contests, Crasher helps you out with team Galacic, Gardenia shows you the Haunted Mansion, Roark works in the coal mines. These all happedned in Diamond/Platinum

In G/S/C/Hg/Ss Lance (E4) helps you various times against team rocket, the gym leaders go shopping/ traveling/ getting photos with you and they all give you rematches in a different area.

So they aren't really getting more active, they just participate in the story line in different ways. B/W gym leaders dont go to the cafe and reverse you remember :(

Boarbeque

Deep Voiced Nerd
    Years
    I dont think they could do rematches with gym leaders even if they wanted to. All 17 types have very limited options because each type has about 3 or 4 evo lines. They made it so even and fair that they couldn't really make the teams any better.

They would have to use pokemon from the previous 4 generations.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Hopefully in the "3rd" game, they will include Gym leader rematches, they probably will since Emerald they have.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I dont think they could do rematches with gym leaders even if they wanted to. All 17 types have very limited options because each type has about 3 or 4 evo lines. They made it so even and fair that they couldn't really make the teams any better.

Well if I remember right, in pretty much all rematches with the gym leaders or E4, they tend to have a mix of new and old Pokemon. Much like the E4 rematches in these new games. I'm not sure if it was like this in Emerald as I never really played the third gen games, but the 4th gen is like that. So Pokemon number is definitely not a reason for them not to do rematches.

Obviously, like Pixy said, they just want to keep this feature for the third game because that's really what they always do lol.

King Gumball

Years

Having pokemon from the previous gens would work just fine. There is the Dream World and PokeShifter that the leaders could use to get other gen pokemon. I am sure that they have been overseas to other gens in their little pokemon world. And there are also some wild previous gen pokemon if I am not mistaken after the pokedex. Unless I read wrong.

PokemonMasterX

Also known as MysteriexMKII basically everywhere e
    Years
    They tend to mix old and new a lot. Cynthia appears and fights you and she has two issue pokemon in her party. And did you happen to forget where one of isshu's elite four is from...?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I don't know how that relates to gym leaders, unless Cynthia is suddenly a gym leader, anyway...

And actually, I think if they do have rematches, they'll only use the Isshu Pokemon, rather than old Pokemon as suggested - because guess what? Using old Pokemon is expected and GF likes to shock us!

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I hate that Aloes awesomeness has faded. Once we saw her full body it all changed lol. Her team being so boring doesn't help either.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    Having pokemon from the previous gens would work just fine. There is the Dream World and PokeShifter that the leaders could use to get other gen pokemon. I am sure that they have been overseas to other gens in their little pokemon world. And there are also some wild previous gen pokemon if I am not mistaken after the pokedex. Unless I read wrong.
    And other generation Pokemon are wild in Isshu after the National Dex.

Aloe's team is not boring. It is epic. >:o

Back