• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Gym Manager 2023 - A Roguelike Pokemon Experience (Beta v4 out 11/22/23)

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Beta Version 4 is here! Here are the changes:

- Huge adjustment and balancing patch
    - The game is now 63 days instead of 100. 100 was just too many; players were running out of things to upgrade and it got very repetitive
    - Bosses visit the gym every 7 days, starting on day 7 with Brock and ending on day 63 with Champion Blue
    - Events and shop unlocks occur at relatively the same time as they used to, but scaled to occur earlier due to the abbreviated day schedule
    - The difficulty of the game was toned down across the board. Slightly fewer Pokemon to battle against every day, and slightly lower level
    - Legendary rate from enemies was toned down as well

- Wacky Wizard
    - A new NPC in Pebble Town will give your Pokemon their hidden ability or turn them shiny... If you can find him
    - A new item, Stump Key, can be aquired via random item drops from upgrades or sold by the shop toward the end of the game. This item can be used on the magical stump south of town

- Ability Capsules were added to the Item Shop list, starting to appear around the halfway point. They switch your Pokemon's ability to the other ability that they have, if they have one
    - Useful for giving your Scizor Technician instead of Swarm, for example

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I beat the story on my third try with a grass typing chosen. Honestly while i enjoyed playing and will probably start again with a new type i cant deny that getting through the last few gyms was a slog. Whether it was not having the money to buy items from stores/secret store or adopt really good pokemon and not being able to keep everyone up to level with the stronger trainers and gym leaders. Also for those who like using Metagross and Tyranitar its better to not get there pre-evolutions and try to evolve them up. At this stage it best to hope the their final evolutions show up for adoption or in random chance after your day at the gym because exp. share does not really hand out enough exp and everytime i gave them a lucky egg and sent them out first they always got taken out by being countered by either flinching/paralysis or just one-shot because they always come out on a pokemon thats super-effective against them. the highest i got both pokemon before i beat my run was 42. I admit i did not get either pokemon in the early game but i dont think it would have mattered in the end as most of my pokemon except starters really got past 50 with only one of my pokemon getting past 60 because exp. share. Also the AI! Look, i know that its not the creators fault how bad the ai is and i am not placing any blame but i can tell you i really hope that we get that level 5 upgrade next update. Every single battle had one of my pokemon having the best moveset i could give it (imo dont use status moves or echancing moves, just straight up attacking moves with or without effects themselves or your pokemon go down fast at this point in development.) i would see all my pokemon attacking the enemy with a not very effective move or using the status/enhancing move when its not needed then getting 2 or three shot and suddenly my entire 6 mon team is taken out my my opponents first 2 mon. One more thing im going to add. The man that shows up with the stat boosting and pp upgrading items? yea i never went to him after the first time. i NEVER had enough money to make it worth buying anything from him, it was always a better choice to get an item, TM, or adopting a new pokemon. I really hope this is taken as constructive and helpful because I really want it to be. I did very much enjoy the game and want to see it be completed but i couldn't stand watching my level 4 trainers making fools out of themselves 85% of the time so i always had the screen minimized and did something else unless it was gym leader day.

Back