• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: [Hack of the Year 2017] - Pokémon Orange (GBC) [Suloku Patch] (Fin)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
Beta 1 is available here!

JE6tgLI.png
uar8FQ2.png
JhZQo4r.png
tqLLQto.png
xOum4Ga.png
NqlM5Cg.png

A graphical bug that should be noted, certain Pokemon are pink for no reason, the effect seems to go away at certain hp values and seems to happen at random levels, can only assume there is data overflow somewhere. Beta end right after 2nd gym, which is half the orange islands journey! Next beta won't be out until the entire region is complete. Enjoy!

WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!! With the wishes of seeing these kind of updates to the Ancient Platinum one day ^^'

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • he/him
  • Seen yesterday
Will you add decapitalization and the Special/Physical split? It's hard to go back after the official games and other hacks.

unfortunately the maker said that wont be a thing for this, which is a shame but its her choice. I still dont get it in this case admittedly due to the presence of alolan geodude.

PerceptioN95

ポケモントレーナ とみい
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 11, 2023
good job with this hack. Not a fan of playing unfinished rom hacks because it always leaves me feeling empty D: but i've kept up with the progress.

Grats on the release of your first beta, a big milestone!

Definitely a hack i'm looking forward to playing, got a sweet spot for GSC :)

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 9, 2023
I love this hack right now! Especially with the new pokemon introduced but I am wondering does crystal onix evolve and what are its stats?

Years
  • Age 33
  • NY
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
A graphical bug that should be noted, certain Pokemon are pink for no reason, the effect seems to go away at certain hp values and seems to happen at random levels, can only assume there is data overflow somewhere.

This will be fixed in the next release. In-battle data structures are different from party data structures and had their own pinkness check, but if that check failed it was still using the default party check, which gives nonsense results for battle data.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • he/him
  • Seen yesterday
hey are TM movepools updated? I ask since a venusaur without Sludge Bomb like in the original G/S/C is wrong beyond belief

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
Years
Got a couple more edits and fixes and I will be releasing a Beta 1.1 Patch that fixes the Pink palette bug, the bug catcher in the Mikan center and more. Stay tuned.

@razzer344 Crystal Onix works the same as normal onix, it can be evolved with a Trade Stone, they will be available in the full game.

@looneyman1 that can be done

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • he/him
  • Seen yesterday
sweet thats good to know. Also theres a lot of objects inside of homes around Tangelo and Mikan which are apparently invisible in the NPC houses, as I keep hitting invisible walls when I'm exploring houses to see if I cant find items from NPCs or learn pieces of lore. Also theres a lot of broken textures in places, especially in the Mandarin North team rocket base. Lasty the Mikan Island pokemon center's PC has an NPC glitched into the same tile as the PC so one cannot interact with the PC at all.

Last edited:

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
Years
sweet thats good to know. Also theres a lot of objects inside of homes around Tangelo and Mikan which are apparently invisible in the NPC houses, as I keep hitting invisible walls when I'm exploring houses to see if I cant find items from NPCs or learn pieces of lore. Also theres a lot of broken textures in places, especially in the Mandarin North team rocket base. Lasty the Mikan Island pokemon center's PC has an NPC glitched into the same tile as the PC so one cannot interact with the PC at all.

I can't reproduce these errors aside from the Mikan PC one, which is now fixed. Do you have screenshots? Make sure you are patching a V1.0 Pokemon Crystal (USA, Europe) ROM.

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • he/him
  • Seen yesterday
I am patching the right file, or rather I patched over the file that had the previous version of the same game.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 22, 2023
I found a Bug When I lose on navel island to danny it sends me all the way back to my house?

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2023
unfortunately the maker said that wont be a thing for this, which is a shame but its her choice. I still dont get it in this case admittedly due to the presence of alolan geodude.

So the hack is keeping all caps names and no physical/special split? :( That's a real shame. What were Pia's reasons for wanting to leave them out, just out of interest?

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • he/him
  • Seen yesterday
So the hack is keeping all caps names and no physical/special split? :( That's a real shame. What were Pia's reasons for wanting to leave them out, just out of interest?

I'll let Pia answer that herself.

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
Years
To feel more like a Gen1/2 game, to be blunt. All caps looks better on gen 2 in my personal opinion and while PS split would be good for Pokemon like Geodude, I don't think it's worth adding, as im more comfortable with Crystal mechanics.

Years
  • Age 33
  • NY
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
To feel more like a Gen1/2 game, to be blunt. All caps looks better on gen 2 in my personal opinion and while PS split would be good for Pokemon like Geodude, I don't think it's worth adding, as im more comfortable with Crystal mechanics.

Since Pok?mon Orange is open-source, if you really want the physical/special split you can add it fairly easily. There are only a few places where moves' categories need to be checked, and the main change is adding the categorization to battle/moves/moves.asm.

Back