• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hacking Gone Wrong

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
  • I think this says enough:
    Spoiler:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Best of all, it's a fatal error, I can't fix it xD
    Try resetting the map header and re-inserting the map. Might help your problems.

A really frustrating error occurs when Advancemap forgets it saved its map somewhere, gives you a pointer to a place in the rom, you make a script at that pointer, and BAM you overwrite your map. If its a map you'll get an error in AM but if its your events some things get hilariously screwy.

God help you if you insert a song incorrectly. Let's say that the resulting sound is like a rake on a chalkboard... but ten times worse.

I was messing around one day and I wanted to see what would happen if I removed the part of the code that tells how sprites are loaded. lol

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    Well, in my hack, i expanded navel rock to a full blown cave trip. I used the ferry port from birth island (as i made another trek to get there instead) as one of the rooms in the cave, only to to find that when i used the ferry to get to an island, i couldn't exit the room at all! I didn't know that the same room layout was used for all ferry ports. So I had to make a serires of doors on each island, and one in vermillion, linking to the islands to get round it. I decided to add a dig at myself, when celio gives you the tri-pass, he advises you not to use the ferry system as it you will not be able to go anywhere and to instead use the "portal" system. He explains, in my given words "The reason being is that the n00by hacker decided to expand NAVAL ROCK".

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    I tried to make a battle against the player from dabr1dg3's game Pokemon Cursed Black. (Which a. Is not a hack & b. Has nothing to do with BW, BTW.) As you can see, it wasn't pretty.

If you're wondering why I renamed Guillotine Curse, it's because in Cursed Black Curse is an OHKO move, not what it does in other games...

Last edited:

SHIVO

I suck at competitive Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2011
    In my Pokémon Ruby sequel thingy, sometimes on Route 103 if you look at your Pokémon status screen, you become the bug catcher and your original trainer sprite stays there. It changes once you go into a building. Who wants a screenshot?

Back