• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: Hacking question placemnt

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2023
    HI i'm lazzxion

i'm trying to ask a question about the pokemon GBA hacks
    and i'm unsure of where to put it because it's more of a generalised question aimed towards
    hackers and hex editors, if i could get a hand of where to put the following question taht would be helpful, thanks :3

------
    Hi, i'm Lazzxion

i'm new at this so i'm sorry if this is in the wrong spot
    i'm currently working on a Pokemon ROM hack to make emerald have a
    Pokemon Black and White feel to it. During this posses a friend of mine
    asked me to include Leafeon and Glaceon to Eevee's evolutions.

Unfortunately, no matter what tools i use the limit is 5 evolutions per
    pokemon and i cant seem to find anything to help me break this limit
    or just make it so you give eevee away and then gain one of the two
    while still being able to breed an eevee from them.

I've searched high and now for nearly two weeks with no helpful
    results, so if anyone can just tell me it's impossible or if there is a
    way to actually do what i'm trying to achieve, i would be so thankful.

-LazzXion
    Hacking question placemnt

ganesha

The Graphical Master
    Years
  • Hey! Buddy you have to put this thread in this section so that you can get answers. Click on the "this" to go there.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • Your question would be best suited for the Simple Questions thread in the ROM Hacking section.

As for answering your question, it is certainly possible as some people have managed to extend the evolution data for Eevee beyond 5 in the GBA games, but I don't think they have released the ASM code that does that to the public yet. Jambo51's upcoming 649 patch will allow you to evolve your Eevee into Glaceon/ Leafeon in addition to the earlier evolutions so if you're really desperate you could try talking to him about it or wait until his patch comes out.

Back