• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] Haldo!

Hālian

Pun-yan iqban!
    Years
    While I joined way back in 2016, I never thought to actually use this forum until now. So I figure I better introduce myself.

I'm Hâlian, a 29-year-old protogen from Central Florida who uses he/him pronouns. I'm autistic, anxious, depressed, ADHD, and disabled, yay /s. I'm very into technology, conlangs, worldbuilding, tabletop games (especially TCGs, BattleTech, and mahjong), retrocomputing, and Pokémon, especially ROM hacks. I run Guilded servers for my worldbuilding projects, and a Discord server for a webcomic that I love. …I need to make a personal website still.

Oh, also. My favorite pokémon are decamark, ghost missingno., gardevoir, kyogre, eevee, and quagsire.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
    Hello there Hâlian, and welcome officially to the PC!

I noticed some of your posts in the Forum Games section, so I'll refrain from offering the tour, unless you'd still like me to link the TCG/Romhack sections?
    Anyway, do you have a favorite Pokemon Typing?

Years
    While I joined way back in 2016, I never thought to actually use this forum until now. So I figure I better introduce myself.

I'm Hâlian, a 29-year-old protogen from Central Florida who uses he/him pronouns. I'm autistic, anxious, depressed, ADHD, and disabled, yay /s. I'm very into technology, conlangs, worldbuilding, tabletop games (especially TCGs, BattleTech, and mahjong), retrocomputing, and Pokémon, especially ROM hacks. I run Guilded servers for my worldbuilding projects, and a Discord server for a webcomic that I love. …I need to make a personal website still.

Oh, also. My favorite pokémon are decamark, ghost missingno., gardevoir, kyogre, eevee, and quagsire.

Hello Hâlian, and welcome to the forums.
    I am sorry to hear this... I give you my best wishes for you to find the help and support you need. About being autistic, don't worry, there are more autistic people here than you might think, and it is fine.

I see you are into ROM Hacks, and I wonder if you have also tried some fan games ? There are some great fan games I could recommend!
    The bug / glitch Pokémon sure are fascinating, like the Bug Island and many other bugs throughout the generations! I will always remember trying to explore these messy, glitched maps! I also see I am among your favourite Pokémon... neat! ^^
    Eevee is very cute, and Kyogre is one of my favourite Water types!

Hālian

Pun-yan iqban!
    Years
    Hello Hâlian, and welcome to the forums.
    I am sorry to hear this... I give you my best wishes for you to find the help and support you need. About being autistic, don't worry, there are more autistic people here than you might think, and it is fine.

I see you are into ROM Hacks, and I wonder if you have also tried some fan games ? There are some great fan games I could recommend!
    The bug / glitch Pokémon sure are fascinating, like the Bug Island and many other bugs throughout the generations! I will always remember trying to explore these messy, glitched maps! I also see I am among your favourite Pokémon... neat! ^^
    Eevee is very cute, and Kyogre is one of my favourite Water types!
    Thanks. I don't consider being autistic a burden; as for the other stuff, my psychologist has been a great help, and I'm getting an electric wheelchair tomorrow (I can walk, but not for any appreciable distance, nor can I stand for more than about a minute).

Please do recommend me some ROM hacks/fan games!

Hello there Hâlian, and welcome officially to the PC!

I noticed some of your posts in the Forum Games section, so I'll refrain from offering the tour, unless you'd still like me to link the TCG/Romhack sections?
    Anyway, do you have a favorite Pokemon Typing?

Psychic/most anything except Fairy, really.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
    Psychic/most anything except Fairy, really.

Not a fan of Fairy Types eh? Anything specific about them you don't like?

Also, do you have a favorite main series game?

Oh, and I merged your replies together because they were right after each other. If you want to reply to multiple people at once, just click on the 'Respond' button on all the posts you want to reply to at once.

Years
    Thanks. I don't consider being autistic a burden; as for the other stuff, my psychologist has been a great help, and I'm getting an electric wheelchair tomorrow (I can walk, but not for any appreciable distance, nor can I stand for more than about a minute).

Please do recommend me some ROM hacks/fan games!

Here are some fan games I have played and consider great!
    Zeta / Omicron ; Solar Light - Lunar Dark ; Insurgence (the best one in my opinion, with its almost 200 Delta Pokémon, for over 900 Pokémon to collect! The long adventure, so many areas to explore, ... the feeling I had, of having completed a great journey when I stood in front of the last, special Pokémon to catch in faraway space, and that music...). And, if you happen to be into top level battles and hairpulling puzzles, there is Reborn!

Hālian

Pun-yan iqban!
    Years
    Not a fan of Fairy Types eh? Anything specific about them you don't like?

Also, do you have a favorite main series game?

Oh, and I merged your replies together because they were right after each other. If you want to reply to multiple people at once, just click on the 'Respond' button on all the posts you want to reply to at once.
    They messed with the ralts line. :P Also it feels like a gimmick.

Emerald.

Sorry; I didn't notice your post until after I responded to Fact Checking Gardevoir's. ^^;

Here are some fan games I have played and consider great!
    Zeta / Omicron ; Solar Light - Lunar Dark ; Insurgence (the best one in my opinion, with its almost 200 Delta Pokémon, for over 900 Pokémon to collect! The long adventure, so many areas to explore, ... the feeling I had, of having completed a great journey when I stood in front of the last, special Pokémon to catch in faraway space, and that music...). And, if you happen to be into top level battles and hairpulling puzzles, there is Reborn!
    I'll have to look into each of those! :D

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
    They messed with the ralts line. :P Also it feels like a gimmick.

Emerald.

Sorry; I didn't notice your post until after I responded to Fact Checking Gardevoir's. ^^;

Those are fair points. *nods*

Haven't had the chance to try Emerald yet, but I liked OR/AS when I played them. What about Emerald makes it your favorite?

And no problem :p It's more of a 'company policy' to me, I don't even really understand why it's important in 'Intro' threads, but I do it anyway lol.

Hālian

Pun-yan iqban!
    Years
    Also, what is this Hoennverse you speak of in your signature ?
    The Hoennverse is my Pokémon worldbuilding project! It gets its name from the fact that it centers on the Hoennese Realm, which covers IRL Kyūshū (Hoenn Island), Shikoku (Iyo-no-futana-shima/Cianwood Island), and the Ryūkyū Islands (Evergrande, etc.).

Haven't had the chance to try Emerald yet, but I liked OR/AS when I played them. What about Emerald makes it your favorite?
    That it's the polished/expanded third version of Gen III, and Ruby was my first Pokémon game.

Back