• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Halloween! - COTD - Banette (DP: Secret Wonders)

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
    Years
    Happy Halloween everyone! What better way to celebrate a spooky holiday than to have a spooky Pokemon for COTD!!!

Halloween! - COTD - Banette (DP: Secret Wonders)

Rate & Review

Thanks to Water Pokemon Master from www.pokebeach.com for the scan.

Years
    As always, Banette cards go the extra mile in bizarreness. Unfortunately, the only flaw is the fact you have to pack multiples in order to get the true effect. Then again, 80 for two, and back into the deck is nice. Although, if it said Shuppet, be even better. Oh, well.

What a weird card. Although, if it had 90 HP, as some of the Stage 1s have had recently, be even nastier.

8/10.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    As always, Banette cards go the extra mile in bizarreness. Unfortunately, the only flaw is the fact you have to pack multiples in order to get the true effect. Then again, 80 for two, and back into the deck is nice. Although, if it said Shuppet, be even better. Oh, well.

What a weird card. Although, if it had 90 HP, as some of the Stage 1s have had recently, be even nastier.

Seconded. I also think this could make a setup of its own with cards like Super Potion and such...just keep healing and dealing damage. The relatively-low Weakness helps that out a bit, as well.

8/10

~Solarys~

OMG, loli~~~!!!111oneone
    Years
    LOL @ the free double edge...

You can always use Scoop Up afterwards, so it doesn't count as a KO, and you have a Banette in the graveyard for another's second attack.

The second attack is OK, 80 for 2 energy, but you don't get the choice to not to put a Banette card back - it'd be better if you can choose not to.

Anyway, IMO this is more of a joke/strategic card (depends on which way you put it), so it might be totally useless, unless it's in the right deck...

6.5/10 - too conditional...

Years
    Seconded. I also think this could make a setup of its own with cards like Super Potion and such...just keep healing and dealing damage. The relatively-low Weakness helps that out a bit, as well.

8/10

Oh, in Unlimited, this card would own so bad. Super Potions/Gold Berry/Life Herb if you're lucky.

But I wanted to do my commentary on the Modified sense of things, since that's the format everyone pushes. Heh. There are all sorts of healing cards, you just have to be creative about it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    Oh, in Unlimited, this card would own so bad. Super Potions/Gold Berry/Life Herb if you're lucky.
    LOL SNEASEL... ¬_¬

Back to the card though. It's cheap and afforable and its very fast. I'd rather use its 2nd attack though, since you can do 70 at most before sacrificing yourself. This would set you up for scrambles, another 2nd Bannette and so on, but it can be a bit to situational/risky.
    Also Acension Shuppet for CG makes a T2 version easy, but the tricky thing would be getting one into a discard pile (TVR/Mentor for example, but then you'd need one in your hand then get it back etc etc) 80 for PP is awesome.

7ish/10

Back