• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hands up if you hate work!

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I hate my job. There's obviously nothing better than being stuck in a department you hate while taking orders from an egotistical and condescending lady to do things on a time schedule that defies all laws of physics.

...oh, and I take all this abuse for minimum wage for less than 20 hours each week. >_<

Years
    I hate my job. There's obviously nothing better than being stuck in a department you hate while taking orders from an egotistical and condescending lady to do things on a time schedule that defies all laws of physics.

...oh, and I take all this abuse for minimum wage for less than 20 hours each week. >_<

I feel for you man. The only good thing about work is the £££££££ XD

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    I do a paper round.
    I despise it.
    I hate how people who do paper rounds (over or under 16) seem to be exempt from the minimum wage. I get paid £4.98 for 98 papers a week if you were wondering, which works out for about 5p a paper which takes just over an hour to do (discounting walking there and back).

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I don't go to work... but school and chores are/can be bothersome. So... I guess that they are more or less the same concept, cept I don't get paid... Dx

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Back when I worked at CVS, I started out enjoying going to work. It was fun for me and the main reason I got a job was not for the money, but because I was bored sitting around at home all day doing nothing productive. I figured I might as well do something with my time, so my dad told me to get a job. I did. During my time at CVS, I mainly enjoyed it. I didn't really like having to go, but once I was there things weren't as bad as I made them out to be. Slowly and slowly my manager kept giving me less and less hours. And I didn't have many hours to begin with.

It came down to me only getting four hours a week, when I did get hours a week, and no hours for the majority of the weeks I continued to work there. For example, I would get four hours one week, then the next, I wouldn't get any. For a while, it was always four hours one week, no hours the next, four hours the next week, no hours the week after, and so on and so forth. I got annoyed with it and then it came to where I was getting four hours one week, no hours for two weeks... so I just quit. The first time he didn't give me any hours the week after the week he didn't originally give me hours. Confusing to read, but it makes sense if you were there.

Turns out after I left, he's starting to do this with two other employees. Actually, it seems he's been doing it with one of them, as she's starting to talk about it whenever she's working with people who bring it up. You see, she works at a bank, so she's just at this job for some extra money. The other one is starting to only get four hours a week, which is how it started out with me. I think all of the other employees working there can agree that the manager there isn't very good.

Anyway, I enjoyed working there... when I was actually working. I got annoyed with having to always be the person who rang up while everyone else did everything else. Especially considering I was supposed to start doing more than just ringing the moment I started working there. After all, all of our ranks were not cashier, but clerk. So there was more than cash handling that we were all responsible for.

I'm glad I don't have to go there anymore, though. No need getting all worked up like I used to over twenty dollars or so a week whereas everyone else got around $300.00 a week. But what's done is done. I'm just glad I can move on from feeling so depressed about my job situation. I'm going into college in August, so I don't see the need to look for a summer job since it's in three months. When I get to college, I will get an on-campus job, though, and I'm excited for that! Here's hoping that job will be better and have a better manager.

RuRuBell

Beeef
    Years
    Anything with dealing with customer service can either be bearable or hell, depending on who you deal with.

Anyway, I dispatch cabs. It's a really easy job, and I get paid a dollar more than minimum wage just to sit there and answer a phone. Sometimes the people are HORRIBLE, though. I've dealt with lots of nasty people, some have even made me cry after they hang up.

To sum up: It's a pretty good job, but it has its bad days.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
    I've had two jobs, both in retail. I didn't enjoy either, but the first was much better than the second, and had the place not closed down back in early '09, I think I'd still be there right now.

The one thing I hate most is messing up and confrontation; in retail things can get really hectic, not to mention the fact that there's always someone who can't be pleased (be it a manager or a customer), and when I was working at both jobs I was expected to just get on with things without really being told what I had to do specifically (then a superior member of staff would nag about this and that not being done). I felt a bit of an idiot, to be honest, every time I approached someone and asked what I needed to do. >:

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I haven't had a job yet, but I hope to get one this summer. I really need the moniezzz. But school work doesn't really get to me. I'm just.. good at it? ;D

@Nick; Didn't you say you were applying for a job at Aero?
    It was American Eagle. And I didn't get a call back, which I'm glad for. I don't want to go back to work for only three months only to quit to go to school in another state. Especially if I grow attached to the job and the people there. I had a hard time dropping a class in school that I hated; but I liked the people there. It took me so long to actually take it off my schedule and cope without it. I had a harder time quitting CVS because I became friends with a lot of my coworkers. I guess I'm just someone who doesn't want to leave their friends; even in a situation I don't like.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Man reading about people and their horrible jobs makes me feel lazy. I haven't had a job yet which is a shame.

I was offered an interview at two jobs Brusters, which the manager said they never called for me when someone did, and Mcdonalds. Since my older brother works at that McDonalds. A) I didn't want to worK with him and vice-versa , and B) I don't want to gain a lot of weight working at a fastfood joint like he did, so I did the most logical thing and f-d up my interview :D.

Now that I'm 18 a job is like food, you need one, unless your are supported finacially. Also my main reason, is to get out the house like Patchisou stated. I really want to work at a place I know I will enjoy. Place like Gamestop, an local pet store, and even Walmart wouuld be excellent to start at untill I land my dream job one day.

Back