• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Happiness problems?

Patrick Bateman

G L O R I A
    Years
    So I'm playing Pearl, trying to evolve a Pichu, right? I'm using the happiness checker to check to see if it still hates me, which it does, which isn't my real problem. I press down on another pokemon in my party, which I had raised from level 1 to 60 so far and I recall it fainting maybe once or twice, so logically, it's have full or close to full happiness, yet pressing it shows absolutely no hearts, nothing. So I do this to all my pokemon on my team and the only thing with a heart is my parasect, and it only had one heart which would probably be about right. At this point, somewhat concerned, I head to the footprint dude. He says the level 60 pokemon can understand human speech and that Pichu seems to wonder whether I'll be nice to it or not. Now quickly browsing the internet all the happiness related articles are for RSE which is no help, and I was wondering if anyone knew what is going on, or if my pokemon just hate me?

ps. I've raised the Pichu from 18 to 31 as of this moment just fyi, it hasn't fainted or anything. I also don't own a gameshark or whatever they're called, so I haven't screwed with the game in that way.

Years
    Some Pokémon might take longer to be happy. Buneary for example has a base happiness of 0, which makes it a lot of work to make it happy.
    Did you trade your Pokémon?
    If they've been traded their happiness will be reset.

ShadowTails

I'm working on a better Avatar
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    Many things contribute to a Pokemon's happiness. Giving them Items, just plain Walking around, what type of ball you catch them in (Luxury balls make Pokemon happier faster), and letting them hold an item like the Soothe Bell which increases happiness, I had an Espeon rather quickly because of Shell Bell and items that increase happiness. So if you do any of the above, it shouldn't be hard at all to get Pichu happy enough, or just go to the garden again and capture a Pikachu if you're fed up with waiting. I'd personally say, if you don't have any heart scales... get another Pichu. Catch it in a Luxury Ball if you don't have a Soothe Bell, for example I caught a Chatot in a Luxury ball, I never use it in battle and it has Full Hearts, I've only raised it one level since I caught it. Besides that, just get a Soothe Bell... I had one without having to trade from RSE so they are obtainable in game.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    you can give it soothebell and walk ALOT, give a massage to it in veilstone[house closest to gym]give its favorite type of food in poffins and that should be it.

Caleb290

Pokemon Master!
    Years
    I had a level 1 slugma I got in a trade I got it just for hatching eggs fasters and over a few days of riding on the bike for a very long time its happiness it very full if it were a pichu I could get it to evolve pretty quickly :D I prefer to just give it the Exp share though and let it see every battle :) but to increase happiness give it vitamins like carbos hp up and stuff like that. and train it a little more and ride on the bike alot with it in the party

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
    As stated before, there is a HIGH chance you recently traded your level 60 pokemon, or left them in a pokemon box for a while, my empoleon who had max. happiness now has no hearts because it's been in my box for a few weeks, and my lapras who loved me, doesnt anymore because I temp. traded her as I was helping someone evolve a onix

Back