• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Happy Birthday Wii!

Harry Blue5

I vill suck your Electricity..
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    Well, I just picked up an issue of NGamer (which I didn't even know existed until today) and apparently the Wii is now TWO years old. Man, the times gone quick. It seems like it was only 2 years ago I bought it... (Worst... joke... EVER!)

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    And yet it still only has about 3 good exclusives!

Seriously though, it's done well to last two years for what it is.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Well it did make Microsoft lower the prices of xbox 360s.

I dunno, 360 would of had a price drop anyway to make room for the bigger HardDrive models, like PS3 did.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    The little white console that thought it could revolutionize the world of gaming. lol

Meh, it's done well. Quality software needs to go back up, though, or else it's going to be crushed by the competition, whether they like it or not.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    It was a good idea, the Wii. But the games that came out didn't seem to go too well with the Wii. I liked the whole "Move around so you feel as though you're in the game" concept, but it got boring after about... 2 weeks of it. I still love SSBB though.

Congratulations to the Wii!

Harry Blue5

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    Seriously though, I feel like it's only been out for a month, the Wii is my only console that's really up-to-date. But yeah, it needs better games, if it weren't for Brawl being an exclusive I might of gone with the PS3.

I'm glad that Nintendo had the idea to keep there characters on the Wii rather than giving them to other consoles, or the Wii wouldn't be worth it. I don't mind he graphics, even if they are losing against the Xbox 360 and PS3, it's the whole Wiimote thing and the games that have been released for it.

The WiiMote concept was fun at first, but nowadays I use the Gamecube controller whenever possible

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    I thought the Wii was 1 year old now....
    WHAT!!!
    Oh well, I love my little white prism of joy. It will bring furthur years of fun to me.

Renyui!

ascender
    Years
    Congrats on the wii. Now, what to plan for it's party? And the cake? I dont think he eats much
    It's been a fair bit of fun with me 'n' wii. We've done LoZ, Mario Kart, SSBB, SSX Blur, Wii Music.. And We'll still be going for another 2, at least :D
    Also, Congrats to Nintendo for making this fabulous product go so well.

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    Yes, indeed! Happy Birthday Wii! About two years and only a handful of great games.

For its birthday wish, maybe more action-based games, ressurections of old franchises (Kid Icarus, anyone?) or, even better, a fresh new face!

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Congrats on wii! 2 years and 5 million consoles sold. Also ngamer is a uk nintendo magazine that is unofficial and tghe best one in europe. It got import reviews and lots of news. My fave.

Harry Blue5

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    Congrats on the wii. Now, what to plan for it's party? And the cake? I dont think he eats much
    It's been a fair bit of fun with me 'n' wii. We've done LoZ, Mario Kart, SSBB, SSX Blur, Wii Music.. And We'll still be going for another 2, at least :D
    Also, Congrats to Nintendo for making this fabulous product go so well.
    For the cake I shall cover my 'Sonic And The Secret Rings' disc with icing and cake dough, then insert into the Wii.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Oh God! My Wii is over 2 years old!

Just 6 more years until the next console. Thank God for birthdays.

Back