• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Happy Thanksgiving PokeCommunity

StonerMk2

Beginner RMXP User
    Years
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Hope everyone has a great day.

Didnt know where else to post this, so if its in the wrong spot, mods please move it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    very thoughtful of you, thanks.

a simple wish for a happy thanksgiving wouldn't fit here (nor anywhere else for that matter, although every holiday an admin usually posts "Happy ___" for the whole community to join discussion in here, but there's been no mention of a Thanksgiving thread today) this area is for extensive discussion on more broad miscellaneous topics...but there's no reason we can't morph this topic to fit the standards of discussion here.

not everyone celebrates thanksgiving here seeing as it's an american holiday- but that doesn't make it an exclusive holiday, maybe anyone outside of the US celebrates something similar around this time? one of my Jewish friend's parents actually has her family celebrate holidays of all different areas and cultures and religions, it's very interesting and unique and fun to be a part of.

what are your plans for this thanksgiving?

Last edited:

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
    Im having the basic thanksgiving dinner. Turkey, sweetpotatos, mashed potatos, stuffing, and cranberry sauce. Oh and pie. Lots of pie

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Thank you. And to you too. :D
    not everyone celebrates thanksgiving here seeing as it's an american holiday- but that doesn't make it an exclusive holiday, maybe anyone outside of the US celebrates something similar around this time? one of my Jewish friend's parents actually has her family celebrate holidays of all different areas and cultures and religions, it's very interesting and unique and fun to be a part of.

what are your plans for this thanksgiving?
    Well, I, being of Mongolian background and from Asia, don't celebrate Thanksgiving, or anything of any resemblance, hence, no plans for today. We do, however, celebrate Christmas despite the religious borders, and being part Buddhist. I find it pretty interesting and unique too.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    Im having the basic thanksgiving dinner. Turkey, sweetpotatos, mashed potatos, stuffing, and cranberry sauce. Oh and pie. Lots of pie

hehe my family is doing the same. only rather than having the common mashed sweet potatoes, we're going the baked route =0 what kind of pie? i think my mom is making butterscotch.

Thank you. And to you too. :D

Well, I, being of Mongolian background and from Asia, don't celebrate Thanksgiving, or anything of any resemblance, hence, no plans for today. We do, however, celebrate Christmas despite the religious borders, and being part Buddhist. I find it pretty interesting and unique too.

that's pretty interesting :o3 yeah, i don't see any holiday as exclusive for a group of people to celebrate, i think it's great that you partake in Christmas despite your contrasting religious background. i think holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas are more about bringing people together than focusing on a specific matter the holiday roots from. the diversity in which people interpret holidays is the beauty in secularizing them.

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    Here in Canada, we've already had Thanksgiving so my day's pretty well nothing special.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    Even though my Family doesn't celebrate it, Happy Thanksgiving Everybody! :D

thanks, you as well :o3

your location says "Cali," so assuming you're American is there a reason your family doesn't celebrate it?

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
    Its actully a sweetpotato casarole. Were having regular mashed potatoes as well.

Pumpkin pie, but i bought a chocolate and pecan pie yesterday. Were using all 3.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    pffft well that sounds amazing. we usually have a green bean casserole, a sweet potato one seems like it'd be interesting to try :0

Chrono

\:D/
    Years
    Pumpkin Pie is pretty good! :D My favorite of Pies XDD

Also noodle I find your Avatar pretty lulzy, and your name too. Haha

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
    I don't do thanksgiving, never have ^^' But I usually wish you guys a happy one anyway :3

So Happy Thanksgiving guys :D Hope all goes well.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013

Lol, that is true. But I have a different religion, as to most that live in the United States. I'm Muslim.
    Thanksgiving isn't a religious holiday, so you wouldn't be practicing anything contradicting your beliefs if you chose to participate in the holiday. it's just a celebration where you give general thanks and spend time with your loved ones. to each his own, of course...pardon me if i'm misunderstanding your reasoning.

Also noodle I find your Avatar pretty lulzy, and your name too. Haha
    i suppose i should take that as a compliment :p thank you

I don't do thanksgiving, never have ^^' But I usually wish you guys a happy one anyway :3

So Happy Thanksgiving guys :D Hope all goes well.

thank you sir, you have a good one too!

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    I was hoping some people would have the turkey spirit. lol Happy Thanksgiving to Everyone on PC!! ^_^

Chrono

\:D/
    Years
    It can be said the same thing for Christmas, just people giving eachother presents. But eh, it doesn't bother me at all.

And you're welcome. :)

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
    Here recepe. Its actully a dessert.

Sweetpotatoes, nutmeg, cinnamon, brown sugar, pecans, and marshmellows. Just boil and mash the sweetpotatoes and add spices. mix and top with pecans. Let chill overnight. Cover in marshmellows and put in oven until marshmellows are brown.

If its done right the marshmellows should be warm and the sweetpotatoe mixture should be cold. Its pretty much a pie without the crust.

Not really a cassarole but we've always called it that. There are a couple of ingredents missing. The real thing is a family recepe but the above recepe is the standard recepe.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    It can be said the same thing for Christmas, just people giving eachother presents. But eh, it doesn't bother me at all.

And you're welcome. :)

only, Christmas actually does have a dominant religious background :x Thanksgiving is purely secular and always has been, stemming from Native Americans teaching pilgrims how to cultivate so they didn't starve to death. ...maybe i don't have my facts completely straight? =/ i've never known any religion to be involved in Thanksgiving. but holidays are what you make of them, personally i wouldn't let any contrasting beliefs stop me from participating in a holiday...it's healthy to explore the values of various cultures.

Here recepe. Its actully a dessert.

Sweetpotatoes, nutmeg, cinnamon, brown sugar, pecans, and marshmellows. Just boil and mash the sweetpotatoes and add spices. mix and top with pecans. Let chill overnight. Cover in marshmellows and put in oven until marshmellows are brown.

If its done right the marshmellows should be warm and the sweetpotatoe mixture should be cold. Its pretty much a pie without the crust.

Not really a cassarole but we've always called it that. There are a couple of ingredents missing. The real thing is a family recepe but the above recepe is the standard recepe.

wow, thanks! /copy-pastes into notes

very thoughtful of you to give me the recipe, i'll definitely utilize it at some point. :o3 i feel i should return the favor with a very simple cheese-ball recipe that i've been making for just about every special occasion lately. it's a sort of dip you eat with crackers, it's very tasty although it might sound so tasty looking at the individual ingredients xD but if you're a fan of cheese, i think you'll enjoy.

all you need is a pack of cream cheese, a cup of shredded cheddar cheese, a small package of Hidden Valley Ranch powder, and worchtershire sauce. throw the ingredients in a mixin' bowl and mix them by hand, and when it's all even roll it up into a ball and if you want roll the ball in pecans so it looks ~decorative~. then serve on a platter with crackers and a butterknife to spread with!

Last edited:

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    I guess you could call our dinner basic. We're having a deep-fried turkey that is sure to ruin my diet, however.

Back