• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hard To Find

x24

Researcher-Sprite Thieves, DIE
Years
  • What does everyone consider the most difficult pokemon to catch or find? not including legendaries.. from RSE or FRLG or even ColXD

I can never find ditto.. I look for a good hour before I stumble across one.. Kangaskahn, Chansey and Scyther arnt very easy either..

Are there any others you can add to my list..

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    You can find Ditto very easily in the Desert Tunnel in Emerald. Dittos can also be found in FRLG on Route 13-15, Cinnabar Mansion, and the Unknown Dungeon. If you are looking for Ditto in RS, you will NEVER find it.

The hardest Pokemon to catch are Chansey, Kangaskhan, and Tauros. They only appear in the Safari Zone and you can only use Safari Balls (and no Pokemon) to catch them. All other Pokemon can be caught using other methods, including a Master Ball that requires nothing.

The hardest to find Pokemon is definitely Feebas. It can only be found on SIX tiles in ALL of Route 119. Some claim that it is Lati@s or the Legendary "Dogs", but if you are skilled enough, you can find them quite easily. There is no trick to find Feebas. You must fish at least FIVE times on every single tile and just hope that one of the six tiles is near you.

Years
  • Feebas, hands down. I agree with shanecdavis. I've caught Latios twice and I caught all three legendary beasts in Crystal, but when I tried to get Feebas, I got hopelessly bored after only three tiles. XD

~Chibi~

x24

Years
  • Feebas
    Chansey
    Kangaskhan
    Tauros

I still think ditto is a pain to find when you want it.. but still..

What about the pokes in the other safari zone, in hoenn..
    other than from someone in the gamecube games I think its the only place to get houndour isnt it? I think altering cave has it to but thats not possible for everyone.... I wouldnt doubt that theres more.. would u consider the large bug pokemon in safari hard to catch aswell..

The others I can think of are ones you have to trade to acquire.. such as Jynx, Farfetch'd, Mr.Mime, and Lickitung..

Beldum is a rare find because its a one off.. so is sudowoodo

The main reason im asking is because I'm making a rather quick hack.. that has all the pokemon in it that are more difficult to gather in the other two GBA games.. thats why I'm trying to compose a list of as many possible that people think are hard to gather elseware..

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    The Hoenn Safari Zone, for some reason, isn't as frustrating as Kanto. I was able to get all of the Pokes there relatively easily. Nothing compared to the three *****es in Kanto.

I don't consider Pokes you get in trades hard to catch or hard to find. They are ALWAYS there. Same with Beldum and Sudowoodo. They are ALWAYS there. Beldum is easy to find and you just pick the **** thing up. Sudo is a little harder to catch, since there is only one, but no where near as hard as Chansey/Kangas/Tauros.

In the end, it is up to your interpretation. You certainly can choose to include all of those Pokes, if you want. I guess I just misunderstood what you are asking.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • My list
    1.)Legi birds(Zapdos, Furrizaa, & Moltres)FR/LG & XD
    2.)Legi Dogs(Entei, Suicune & Raikou)Col. & GSC
    3.)Chansey-FR/LG Safari zone
    4.)Kangaskhan(especially)FR/LG Safari zone
    5.)Feebas(most annoy)somewhere

:t003:Dark Venusaur

x24

Years
  • thanks alot.. Ive got a decent list now..

Hopefully I'll have info about my hack in that section within the next couple weeks..

Years
  • Feebas ;_; I've never found it, the few times that I've tried. It's so fustrating.

After that, it's probably the rare Pokemon in the Safari Zone (Chansey, ect). Then, you have to catch them, and that's a pain. >_>;

Back