• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hard work versus talent.

Years
    People learn things based on how able they are to learn them. Hard work is nothing if you aren't able to understand a concept at all, but talent without the ability to work is lazy.

I think a similar 'versus' would be whether to play a game in hard mode or easy mode. Is it better to play something that is very difficult, using a lot of time and energy in the process to get it right, or is it better to breeze through the game without a problem?

Last edited:

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    the way i see it, hard work eventually turns into raw talent, and the harder you go at something the better you get. talent is good but nothing beats dedication.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Talent is like a raw gem. Beautiful in nature but it has it's flaws. Without hard work to hew down and polish away the rough edges, it cannot be admired alone.

Hard work alone can polish even the roughest stone down to a beautiful finish. No one with an untrained eye is going to take the raw uncut diamond over the smoothly polished jade. Sometimes even those with trained eyes may overlook a diamond in the rough for a more polished piece.

If you don't work, Talent goes rotten the same way a hard worker gets soft when that worker stops working. Once you're out of shape it's harder to get back into it.

Back