• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Hardest B/W Pokemon to Catch?

Starrodkirby86

Das Kirby
    Years
    Yeah, now thinking about it, Metang was rather a challenging beast to capture using only Poke Balls... But I think it was just the annoying part where False Swipe was rather ineffective on a typeset like his.

Hm...What I did with Victini was have a Watchog use Hypnosis and trickle down its HP with weak attacks.

PrinceTrase

Make that sacrifice . . .
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2011
    Yeah, now thinking about it, Metang was rather a challenging beast to capture using only Poke Balls... But I think it was just the annoying part where False Swipe was rather ineffective on a typeset like his.

Hm...What I did with Victini was have a Watchog use Hypnosis and trickle down its HP with weak attacks.

That's actually what I did for Victini. Plus, I didn't have much to catch with. So, I found myself turning off the game and roll the dice of chance.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    I ran into a Cryogonal last night and omg... it took me forever to catch it. It would always pop right out of any ball I threw, even ultra balls :x I got in eventually though.

Garringman

Erupting Nightmare
    Years
    Terrakion for me, Cobalion and Virizion went in Pokeballs simply and Zekrom was even easier to catch, but Terrakion broke my all PokeBall capture streak and forced me to use an Ultra Ball.

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
    I found Zekrom so easy to catch, I haven't tried, but I'm guessing that you have to catch him for the storyline to carry on. (If not someone reply :P)

I haven't had any difficulty yet, but only caught one of the legendaries.

Shorty-

Unique is an Understatement.
    Years
    Kyurem was my hardest. Cant remember exactly what I ended up catching it with, but everything before him was really easy. I just stocked up on Quickballs (best thing ever). Saves me time and HP. WOOHOO! I suggest you guys try it.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Oh no metang ruined my day 1 HP paralysed he ended up killling himself with struggle! Why oh why does he have a catch rate of 3?

Molts

Novice Breeder
    Years
    Oh no metang ruined my day 1 HP paralysed he ended up killling himself with struggle! Why oh why does he have a catch rate of 3?

Metang, the most legendary of the psuedo-legendary. Seriously though, I have no idea why his catch rate is so low. XD

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Metang, the most legendary of the psuedo-legendary. Seriously though, I have no idea why his catch rate is so low. XD
    Me neither? Im caught it a couple of minutes ago and im training metang,drantini,and pupitar for an epic random match up team! And metang and its its evo's are the most legendary non legendarys!

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2016
    When I was fighting Landorus, I threw a Repeat Ball as a joke. I then became determined to catch him in a Repeat Ball because I thought it looked cool. It took maybe an hour. None of the other legends, nor anything else, took that long.

Rionix

My girlfriend is a crazy fox
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    The roamers are pissing me off so much. I don't want to use my masterball for it either. my only hope is a quick ball.

JadeFires

Novice Breeder
    Years
    Cobalion was probably the worst one for me, I ran out of ultra balls the first time, killed him the 2-4th times and got smart and used a timer ball on good ol' number 5 >>; I <3 timer balls.

Dark knight17

Training pokes etc
    Years
    Metang hands down is the hardest. It took almost 50 ultra balls just to catch it and it had only 1hp. Like seriously it was just unecessary for pokemon to be that hard to catch, it did have a rash nature which is good I guess.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2011
    Landorus,
    The mixture of Fissure and Rockslide, just knew how to annoy me.

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2011
    Kyurem for me... it took me 60 dusk balls, 21 ultra balls, 1 quick ball, 3 timer balls, 4 heal balls, 6 pokeballs, and a nest ball to catch it. I had four critical captures, it was at 1 HP and was paralyzed the entire time.

Everything else has been cake compared to it. That one battle took me almost two hours.

Sir Skids Nickelton

Are You SERIOUS!?
    Years
    After Lobbing A Master Ball At Tornadus (I Have Black) I Thought I'd Be Screwed Come Reshiram. Caught At Full HP In A Pokeball. Virizion Was A Pain In The Back Side Though. Had To Restart Heaps Of Times.

Last edited:
    Back