• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Hardest B/W Pokemon to Catch?

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2012
    We all have that Pokemon that just doesn't want to be caught. You could lob every form of Ball at it (Sav the Master Ball of course), knock it down to 1 HP, freeze it, paralyze it, and it JUST WON'T GET CAUGHT. What is YOUR Pokemon (Legendary or Otherwise) that would just not get caught?

For me, it's Cobalion. Reshiram was caught with one Ultra Ball, and Kyurem, I wasted my Master Ball on him. Cobalion, on the otherhand, does NOT WANT TO GO IN THIS DAMN BALL. 14 Ultra Balls, 13 Great Balls, 20 Poke Balls, Premier Ball, Heal Ball, I even threw a NET Ball at it. NOthing.

Destiny.

The Absol Master
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2019
    I tried to catch Reshiram with a Pokeball... and it worked. But it took more than 10 xD

Years
  • Well the legendaries are always going to be difficult to catch, but one that caught me off guard was Basculin.

He was Level 26, in red health, Pokeball= No Great Ball= No Ultra Ball= No Dusk Ball= No (Was in a cave) Net Ball= No in the end after throwing about 15 pokeballs I caught it in a Dive Ball :| resilient little thing.

Years
  • After Nacrene City, I encountered a Sawk for the first time and it took me 46 pokéballs to catch it. It was paralysed and at critical HP; I got so frustrated after the first 10 failed but I didn't want to give up! The Sawk even managed to break out of a critical capture n_n

BDT

On my way to be a MASTER
    Years
  • Cobalion was the hardest for me, so many tires and so many pokeballs used.
    Terrakion 2/3 tries
    and Virizion first try, used Blizzard, he used Giga Drain, then I used Crunch, used pokeball and bam! Caught! xD
    Reshiram took me a few trys but In all Cobalion was the hardest so far.
    Victini was annoying had to use a greatball on him

Nateon

Pokemon Will Be Real One Day!
    Years
  • I didn't really have any trouble with 'em, but attempting to catch victini on my friends DS for him was a nightmare, nothing would freaking catch it!

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    I haven't had any real problems with catching this time round, usually everything I try to catch is real bas**** about it and refuse to stay in their balls, but Victini (which from what I hear actually has a very low catch rate) took a good 10 or so throws of Poké and Great Balls.
    Also I lulled when I had more trouble trying to catch a Deino in Ultra Balls than Reshiram in a (single) Premier Ball. Seriously, I know the title Legendaries were mandatory captures this time round but still, Game Freak, give us a bit of a challenge will ya?

shinx12345

Aquilla
    Years
  • Easily Metang.
    I used all 75 dusk balls on it (at midnight)
    and 30 ultra balls, eventually it struggled to death.
    Caught it the second time, used 40 or so dusk balls.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    When it comes to getting a certain nature id say kyurem took me 40tries then i just gave up and took the one i got til i restarted

but overall, Victini took me 46balls the first time, the 2nd time 27-28, and i lost count from then on, but on my last file took me only 14 but i think its cuz my pokemon where in the 20s not 60s.

ѕℓσωвяσ

PK Rockin' ★☆
    Years
  • Virizion was a pain in the backside for me to catch, ended up wasting my masterball and now I can't catch that big genie oaf pokemon. ;//~//;

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Victini. I still haven't caught it yet, either. ;____; I've had friends who have caught it with just a regular Poké Ball, but I've lobbed Great Balls and even Ultra Balls at it and the little furball gets away every time. I clearly have no luck with this. XD

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • the pokemon that was the hardest to catch so far was cofagirus or how ever its spelled. it kept cursing itself and knocking itself out -_-

Dreadnought

Imperador
    Years
  • Victini was definitely the hardest for me. The other legendaries were pretty easily especially since it took only one quick ball to catch a full health Thundurus (has a crappy nature though).

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • I think Cobalion was hard for me in my Jap. Black. It was so annoying and wouldn't get inside any balls. Even a Timer Balls, like after 40 turns. I never like to use my master balls on legendaries(except one time when I used a master ball on Palkia as a joke, and I accidentally saved.XD).

Lancelot-sama!

i call it bipolar game fandom.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2018
    Victini by far. The other legendaries surprisingly weren't exactly thaaaat much of a problem. Kyurem shockingly I didn't expect to catch on only a few ultra balls.

So many times I had to restart because I ran out of great balls, etc to catch Victini. x____x

fire woven

Erif Nevow, my RP name
    Years
  • Virizion just does not want to get caught. I have thrown 19 Ultra Balls, done that about 6 times, always in critical health, once it was at 1 hp, took 19 Ultra, 4 Poke, 1 Great, 3 Heal, and 2 Dusk, then my last pokemon went down and I reloaded. Also Giga Drain is annoying, since it can heal constantly.

And I had no problems with Vicinti at all. I got it on two attempts, and the first one failed due to a critical hit. Dont you hate them on Pokemon you want to capture?

Back