• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Hardest legendary to catch?

Which legendary was hard for you to catch?

• Mesprit

Votes: 56 22.4%
  • Uxie

Votes: 19 7.6%
  • Azelf

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Giratina

Votes: 73 29.2%
  • Cresselia

Votes: 59 23.6%
  • Darkrai

Votes: 16 6.4%
  • Heatran

Votes: 29 11.6%
  • Regigigas

Votes: 18 7.2%
  • Other (Please Specify in post)

Votes: 23 9.2%

• Total voters
    Years
    • DC
    • Seen Jun 29, 2010
    If you're prepared, it's all about lobbing balls at them, which isn't hard. It's a pain to catch something that flees or can heal itself, though.

Anybody who's hacked the Arceus event into their game knows how little level 80 pokemon like to be in balls, though.

Years
    Mesprit. I tried it from full HP/PP, twice. Timer Balls. Dusk Balls. x4 catch rate. Critical Health. Asleep or Paralyzed. Both failed. So ended up wasting a Master Ball because it was so insanely hard to catch.

HirakuNoShadow

Au contraire mon frère.
    Years
    Giratina (in Platinum). It took me like 10 tries just because it kept struggling itself to death ): The next would have to be Mespirit / Cresselia, since they keep wandering around >.>

Obsession

Narcotic Empress
    Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2009
    Liar Liar

False Swipe is a normal move so it doesn't affect Ghost types like Giratina

if i remember rightly there are moves that allow the use of normal attacks on Ghost types, or is that only effective on fighting type moves? =_=; someone correct me on this.

Thenewguywholikespokemon

Lamest username ever!
    Years
    Well for me Dialga was a pain on my Diamond Version. It kept using Roar of Time and it KOed my pokemon, I was lucky to have Empoleon, since none of Dialga's attacks hurt my Empoleon much.

Giratina was also kind of diffucult to catch on my Platinum Version. It kept using up all its attacks and then killled itself with struggle.

Darkrai was meh, Mesprit was just plain annoying. :/

Years
    I mostly just catch them with masterballs. But the ones that are random around the map and they flee a lot I think are the hardest.

Leyt

Absolution
    Years
    Giratina was crazy.

I only had three Pokemon; the other three were low leveled HM slaves. So, I got it down to a very low amount of health with my Luxray, who soon fainted afterward. That was all right because he had served his purpose well. SO, I sent out my bulkier Pokemon, Slowking. I had already managed to use up all of my Ultra Balls, so I was stuck with a Premier ball, a bunch of regular Poke Balls, Nest Balls, Net Balls, and a Master Ball. Sure, I could have just tossed my Master Ball, but I wanted to save it. Moving on, I began to toss all of my regulars. I got multiple three-shakes, and the Premier Ball got a three-shake. But, still, I couldn't catch this thing. Negligence to heal my Slowking and super effective moves killed him off, so it was down to Infernape. All I had was some Nest Balls, and guess the **** what? I caught that stubborn som***** with my first Nest Ball.

Fantastic.

Edit - This just happened. And I obviously also had my Master Ball.

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
    No doubt Heatran and Latias and Latios. Latias and Latios never stops moving and you have to get lucky to appear in the same spot as them. And for Heatran, he just wouldnt be caught by your average Ultra Ball...

No doubt the easiest legend to catch was Groudon. I was dumb enough to waste my Master Ball on Ruby on a Spheal and me and my friend spent 30 minutes trying to catch Groudon with a normal Pokeball. It worked :D

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I'm surprised a lot of you put Giratina since all you gotta do is weaken it and throw a dusk ball at it.

For some reason, I always had trouble with Uxie, I just don't know why...

Years
    Ugh...Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf were just horrible. Mesprit wasn't even the hardest, either. I think that was Azelf. I was like -.-' Had to restart several times. The stupid Pokeball just wouldn't stop shaking!

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2009
    When your team has all lvl 100 pokemon, and you're trying to catch a lvl 20 rotom, it is very diificult. Anyone want to help me?

dlb

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2009
    When your team has all lvl 100 pokemon, and you're trying to catch a lvl 20 rotom, it is very diificult. Anyone want to help me?

Use a noob with moves that affect status. Junk like leech life work fine for grinding away at hp

Matsu Razu

Your Loyal Illusionist
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2014
    You should include Zapdos, Articuno, & Moltres. I still haven't caught them. ._.

AussieLper

Soft resetting for a good title
    Years
    Giratina, I got it to 1 HP and sleeping it still wasted all my duskballs and fainted itself from having no moves.

Momoko

OMGOODNESS THATS NOT TRUE WDF!
    Years
    Well I always sorta thought Legends were relatively easy to catch. But Giratina was really getting on my nerves. Even with its HP at red and paralyzed, it took me around 4 tried and over 30 dusk balls to catch. I was very happy once i did, though! ^_^

red fraction

solitude is your only friend
    Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2009
    AZELF.
    it kept spamming nasty plot then used uproar and ko'd all my pokemon.
    after a few tries i gave up and just knocked it out

Back