• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hariyama on Emerald.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2005
    Well I have decided to catch a Hariyama but before I do I wanted to know what stuff to do for it. Here is what I was thinking...

Hariyama
    Guts, Adamant
    @ Chesto Berry/???
    Belly Drum/Endure
    Rest/Reversal
    Snore/Bulk Up
    Dynamic Punch

I know I suck at these, lol.

Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2013
    Drowning Faith said:
    Well I have decided to catch a Hariyama but before I do I wanted to know what stuff to do for it. Here is what I was thinking...

Corrections in Bold

Hariyama
    Guts, Adamant
    @ Chesto Berry/???
    Belly Drum/Bulk Up
    Rest/Reversal
    Snore/Detect/Counter
    Dynamic Punch

I know I suck at these, lol.

hope that helps... in some way

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2005
    Oh thanks! That helps ^-^... Hmmm, I was thinking,

Belly Drum
    Rest
    Counter
    Dynamic Punch.... does that sound any good. Oh and if people say about all the special training can you please explain it to me so I can understand because it confuses me =P

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 29, 2007
    Hariyama@leftovers
    Ability: Guts
    Knock Off
    Focus Punch / Cross Chop
    Substitute
    Hidden Power Ghost / Rock Slide
    EVs: 220 HP, 220 Spcl.Def, 70 Atk

You can't go too wrong with that set.

Squarewalker

Have a nice day.
    Years
    Well, Hariyama's attack stat is better than it's defense stat, so there's no really need for Counter. Belly Drum can work, but remember that, if the opponent can do 50%+ damage to your Hariyama, then it will faint. You should rather give it Leftovers and try out the following moveset instead:
    Knock Off, Focus Punch, Substitute, Rock Slide/Earthquake.
    Knock Off gets rid of those annoying Shedinjas and also knocks off the opponent pokemon's hold item. Focus Punch works if the opponent can't faint Hariyama's substitute in time. Rock Slide can cover his Flying weakness, but Earthquake has more attack power and accuracy.
    Btw, what kind of special training are you talking about? Are you reffering to the EV training?

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2005
    *nods* yeah EV Training, I got this lil thingy from person up there and I kinda get it.... KINDA... lol but yeah.. where do I train in emerald? oh and can you get substitute in emerald?

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Substitute is available from a move tutor on top of the Lily Cove department store, as for the EV training, it depends on what stats you want to develop, most spots are pretty random (Lots of different EVs mingling about) so if you really want to hone one of them to an extreme you'd probably end up escaping or switching a lot. I don't have the patience for that myself.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2005
    Ok, cheers. Perfect... I am still searching for one with Adamant nature! Hehe, is there any other nature?

Kijin

The Devil You Know.
    Years
    Alter Ego said:
    Jolly (-sp. attack, +speed) could be another alternative.
    Why would you tell him to catch a Jolly Hariyama when:
    1. He's using focus punch with it
    2. Hariyama doesn't have any speed to speak of
    ?
    WHY ARE YOU SWINDLING THE COMMON PUBLIC!

So, in conclusion, Adamant is the nature you want your Hariyama to have. Also, try catching a Adamant Ditto and using it to breed w/ Everstone...

The Knock/RS-EQ/FP/Sub set is probably your best bet for Hariyama, if you don't want to give it Whirlwind and make it a pseudo-hazer.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Kijin said:
    Why would you tell him to catch a Jolly Hariyama when:
    1. He's using focus punch with it
    2. Hariyama doesn't have any speed to speak of
    ?
    WHY ARE YOU SWINDLING THE COMMON PUBLIC!

So, in conclusion, Adamant is the nature you want your Hariyama to have. Also, try catching a Adamant Ditto and using it to breed w/ Everstone...

The Knock/RS-EQ/FP/Sub set is probably your best bet for Hariyama, if you don't want to give it Whirlwind and make it a pseudo-hazer.

I clearly stated what the nature does so I hardly see how that is swindling. Besides, if you give Hariyama Reversal (one of the suggestions) speed is crucial for its survival. Also, with a Jolly nature Hariyama would be faster than all of the regis which, might I add, are all used by the Pyramid King in the Battle Frontier. And incidentally, I never *told* him to catch a Jolly one. I simply said that Jolly is one (Not necessarily the best) of the natures that would be beneficial since it penalizes Sp. Attack.

Last edited:
    Back