• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Harry Potter: Troubled Times

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArKiVe

Back In Black
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 30, 2006
    OOC: Darn people, I post once and then leave for a while and tons of posts come in.

BIC(Back In Character): "The name's Geoffrey," he said almost with a british accent, " I hate cry babies, so please don't cry. It sort of triggers a horrible memory..." Geoffrey sat down by Avalya. "I guess I haven't mentioned much about my past, I doubt there was any mentioned on my records either. He pulled up his arm and had the same scar on his left shoulder as Harry Potter had on his forehead. I had two fathers, one was with Voldermont and one was against. As you can probably tell, they were both killed and I'm their only surviving "aire(sp)" to the fortune of the family since most we're killed by the opposing sides..." Geoffrey didn't show much emotion since being all sappy about the past wasn't in his nature. He wasn't mad at either side, although he did want to get even for one of his dearest and most closest person he knew, his true Father who was against Voldermont.

Last edited:

Dogbert

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 20, 2006
    OOC: Before I continue, is a Horcrux going to be in the Hollow? I don't want to go there and ruin everything if one isn't there.

BTW, I'll be posting under the aliases in my sig. Mainly this one and Batesymon.

Amy-chan

Has vacated the premises
    Years
    OOC: Yes, there is a Horcrux here. Dang, we shouldn't have run ahead, there are many people who haven't gotten to post much...
    EDIT: Everyone, I'M LEAVING ON A TRIP TOMORROW. I won't be back for two weeks. You can continue the RP, but please don't do too much while I'm gone. I don't want to miss major chunks of plot...

Last edited:

Dogbert

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 20, 2006
    OOC: Alrighty.

BIC:
    Josh walked into the hollow that had once belonged to Godric Gryffindor. He looked around. There were a few wooden chairs and a table.
    He had always imagined this place would stay in the glory Godric would have wanted, but it looked like a dump of an orphanage.
    Josh was looking for the Horcrux that may have belonged to Voldemort. He imagined that Voldemort, being a man of thinking he was the strongest ever, would hide it in something worth while.

ArKiVe

Back In Black
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 30, 2006
    Geoffrey stood around waiting for someone to speak up and for something to happen.

OOC: Anything goonna happen here for a while?

Amy-chan

Has vacated the premises
    Years
    OOC: Hi guys! I'm BACK!!!!!!!! Gryffindor's Horcrux.... Mmmm, you'll see what the Horcrux is... And something is going to happen, and it's going to happen right NOW.

IC: At the mention of fathers, Zinnia shuddered. She didn't like to think about who her father was, or what he had done...

"In a way, I had two fathers as well, the father I imagined during my childhood and..." She lowered her voice to an undertone. "...and the bloody traitor he really was." There was a moment of tense silence.
    Zinnia just shrugged.

"Never really knew him," she said indifferently, struggling to keep her voice even. She didn't succeed.

Suddenly, she saw a faint golden glimmer coming from upstairs, and, like a moth lured to a lightbulb, she followed it...

OOC:Sorry for such a short post but my mom just brought home an undernourished dog and there's some excitement going on over here... Be back soon.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Nov 12, 2014
    i look at the death eater and put a binding spell on it it. i look at zinnia and follow her. i think of my past and cast a look of pure hate and loathing at the death eater. i see a flash of fear in her eyes then she covers it up.

Amy-chan

Has vacated the premises
    Years
    OOC:Okay, this is a really weird twist, but being without RPs for two weeks has really made me go crazy... It's just Zinnia's back-story, and just so you know, I don't believe any of the second part(my next post) to be true. Actually, I find the very thought disturbing...

IC:Zinnia stopped when she noticed Misteria's look of hatred at Avayla. "Yes," she said, turning to look at Avayla also, "I know how you must feel. I have a rather....blackened....past as well. It's made me somewhat disreputable, even though none of it was my fault..."

Remembering her father had made her remember the rest of her miserable life, and all at once memories were flooding back to her. After resisting giving in for so long, she couldn't hold it anymore, so she just surrendered and let the memories come...

For most of her days, Zinnia had lived with a Muggle family called the Garthos in Little Whinging. They had their good points, but they had treated her more like a somewhat pampered dog than a girl they had taken in when they found her on the doorstep.

"Who left me there? Did they leave any kind of explanation?" she could remember asking Mr. Gartho more than once, but always, she would be disappointed by the same answer: "No, we haven't the slightest idea who brought you to us. And there was no explanation at all."

Frankly, she could remember more of it herself, not that her memory as a baby helped much. She could just recall that one moment, she had been safe in the arms of someone in a long, black cloak, and the next, she had been dropped in front of the door of a house, never to see the person again...

Her life with the Garthos felt like only a dream after the most recent things she had been through. But she could still see parts of it in her mind. Like the day she had first heard a snake...

Zinnia had been only seven years old when it happened. A large snake had appeared out of nowhere in the Garthos' lawn, slithered silently to where Zinnia sat on the porch, and hissed, "Helloo."

Zinnia was afraid of snakes ever since.

All her days with the Garthos, she had never really felt like they were family. And it hadn't helped that she was considered an outcast by the neighboring children, who ran and hid every time she came outside. Never in her entire life had she had a single friend among them.

Suddenly, Zinnia realized that she was still in the house with Misteria, Geoffrey, and Avayla. But it didn't last long, and soon she was drifting back even further into reminiscence...

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Nov 12, 2014
    i walk up the stairs and see zinnia stop. i continue and see that she is in a slight daze."zinnia? are you ok?"

Amy-chan

Has vacated the premises
    Years
    "Wha...what?" Zinnia asked. "Oh, yes, I'm fine..." She couldn't even remember who she was talking to. Suddenly, random memories were coming back out of sequence....

A baby was dropped onto a doorstep... A large snake sunk its teeth into a screaming boy... A girl was branded with the Dark Mark... A Hogwarts student slipped a tattered black book from a bookshelf... And someone was flying away from a castle on a broomstick...

"Fine," Zinnia repeated firmly, continuing up the stairs.

Suddenly, she turned on Misteria, anger coursing through her as she remembered something the other girl had said.

"A family? Someone who loves me? I never had any family but the Garthos, and they weren't a family at all! I don't know if I had any siblings, and for all I know, my mother is dead! The only person in my family that I ever knew was my father, and he is not a father to be proud of. And as for a good heart, I'm not even sure I have that!" Zinnia was steaming now...

OOC:We may not get to the Horcrux for a while... It is a small bronze statuette of a lion... Anyone, go look for it if you like...

Last edited:

Psychotic_Demon

The Espeon of the Moon
    Years
    "Yes, yes, very touching story, Zinnia," Avayla said coldly, showing no pity or sadness whatsoever. Though, that didn't mean she wasn't a bit sorry for her. Avayla knew what it was like to be an outcast, but her story was somewhat different.

Terrible memories threatened to come flooding back to her, but she brushed them away. No time to reflect on those. She was ordered to kill Zinnia, but she decided to give her some time. With a small growl, she changed into a Tigereath and dashed back into the room where her victim lay dead. Throwing it one disgusted look, she jumped out the second-story window, disappearing into the night with a roar.

Amy-chan

Has vacated the premises
    Years
    Zinnia watched her go, making no attempt to stop her. "I know what your mission is!" she called after her. "But I might be more useful to you alive! Think of my father! No one trusted him, but he returned to his master's side, after doing what no one else dared to do!" She closed her eyes and her mind, using Occlumency to shut the bad memories out. Sometimes the only thing that kept her going was the fact that she was a good Occlumens. But when she remembered who she had inherited this from, the memories came back...

"No time for that now," she said bitterly, disgusted with herself for showing any sign of weakness, any sign of emotion.

But where was her father now? Was he truly on Voldemort's side, or was he, like her, just trying to make it appear that way? After what he had done, surely there was no going back? Too many questions, too few answers...

"Misteria, we should start searching. The Order says there may be a Horcrux in this area."

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Nov 12, 2014
    i follow zinnia and see the death eater run. i make no move to chase her as zinnia doesnt. i walk up and put my hand on her shoulder feeling sorry for her from out burst about family and her father.

Amy-chan

Has vacated the premises
    Years
    Zinnia saw Misteria's hand on her shoulder and made a brave attempt at a smile.

"Pity can't change the past," she said calmly. She turned and walked away, her mind filled with terrible memories again. She hated those memories...

Her cold black eyes surveyed the scene of mayhem around her. Someone had certainly put up a struggle. She began searching calmly for the body, trying to take her mind off the flashbacks, but soon they overwhelmed her, and she was reliving a section of her life...
    OOC:More when I come back from school. We haven't gotten to the disturbing part yet, and we won't for quite a while.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Nov 12, 2014
    i look around the room and wonder what she is talking about as i am not part of any "order". "what are you talking about? im not part of any order except that of trying to defeat voldemort. i am part of the aurors in the ministry of magic. we all try to defeat death eaters one by one."i look around the room again and walk over to a window. i look down and see a cat in a dumpster. my nose burns as my vision becomes blurry.i blink trying to get rid of the tears.

Amy-chan

Has vacated the premises
    Years
    "The Order of the Phoenix," she replied. "Wait, you mean..." She turned to look at Misteria. "You don't know of the Order? It, too, is against Voldemort, and it was founded by..." her voice quivered, "...by Albus Dumbledore. I don't know what Auror division you are in, but mine has recieved a special mission from the Order..." She looked around, making sure no one had heard, then returned to her search...

"Gartho!" A cold voice echoed eerily on the stone walls of the dungeons. Zinnia looked up from her book to see a familiar, unwelcome sight. It was Zinnia's least favorite person at Hogwarts, walking towards her. The one person she did not want to meet. Professor Snape.

"What are you doing here?" he snapped, striding to her. "Get back to your common room!" His cold black eyes fell upon the tattered leather book in her hands, and before she could do anything, he had snatched it away.

Fleetingly, Zinnia thought she saw a flicker of recognition on Snape's face.

"The half-blood prince?" Snape said quietly.

"I believe that is the author's name, yes," said Zinnia coldly.

For a moment, no one spoke. Snape quickly pocketed the book.

"This book is clearly full of Dark magic. I'm afraid I will have to confiscate it."

"And you," he said coolly, "will need to see the headmaster. I knew from the beginning that you were a troublemaker, but now, Gartho, you have gone too far." And without another word, he walked back down the corridor, and Zinnia had no choice but to follow him...

Last edited:

Psychotic_Demon

The Espeon of the Moon
    Years
    Avayla quietly padded down the steets, making no noise, excluding her nose sniffing. She could smell it. The Horcrux was here, in Gordric's Hollow. She only knew because she could sence the faint smell of Voldemort, hidden beneath thousands of other smells. Looking over her shoulder, she could see someone that had just walked into a door.

She loved her animal form- it had hightened sences, and better than that, she could size-shift. After a few seconds of concentrating on nothing but becoming small, she opened her eyes. Now Avayla looked like a harmless blue cat with black stripes. Nothing unusual about that. She flipped over on her back, rolling in the dirt, sucked her gut in until her ribs showed, and ran through the door just before it closed with a thud. Looking up at the man with her most pitiful eyes, she let out a small, weak: "Mrew...?"

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back