• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen has anybody noticed

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2006
    has anybody noticed a main reason why in ruby and spahire they seprerate pokemon that are right by eachother in the pokedex? it's because if you trade over pokemon that are right by eachother in the game, you have an ultimate double batle team

exp: shiftry and ludicolo
    lotios and latias
    zangoose and seviper

Demonta

Jem Juggler
    Years
    uhmm?

Yes I have noticed and it has been like that since... too long ago.
    they're right by each other because they are like a different version of each other (eg, latios male, latias female).

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Everyone knows that already. They are put together because they are counterparts of each other, just like Plusle and Minun or Volbeat and Illumise.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Don't use them in double battles either, unless you like losing.

Shiftry/Ludicolo - Flying/Poison
    Lati@s - Ice/Rock
    Zangoose/Seviper - Ground/Psychic

cyberloudred

KODO 4 Life
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2009
    exactly,every body has relized that on like playing the game on there first or second day of having it.and of course your going to lose doing that,you'd only be harming your pokemon,what kind of trainer are you???

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years

Not that it's a big deal, shane, but Latios and Latias aren't weak against Rock because they are Dragon/Psychic with Levitate, not Dragon/Flying.

WHALESDUDE

I am me.
    Years
    I was going to say... I never noticed Latias was weak against rock... But really, if you decided to have that party, it really wou;dn't be all the a great. I think they put hte idea of catching different pokemon in different reigions because they wanted to encourages the trading aspect of the game.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2006
    yeah they're just counter parts like hitmonlee and hitmonchan, but both are easely taken out by phychic or flying

Back