• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Has anyone else started reading the UltraManiac series?

Years
    There's a fairly new Manga series that's out called UltraManiac about these preteen girls one of which is a witch and all the trouble she causes trying to help out her nonmagical friend. There's also a love triangle that get's fairly complicated but understandable. It really got me into it and the first one came out a little over four months ago and as soon as I got out of bootcamp i found out the next two were out. Not many people are into manga or anime at my base so I was wondering if anyone here was into this manga.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Um...I've seen the first three episodes of the Anime...but I didn't pick up the manga. I glanced at it at one point, but I didn't really wanna read it. The anime was pretty good though...though I doubt it'll be one that I finish. It was cute, but it didn't interest me enough...

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    I've seen the anime .. its got a weird story. =P The story well, IS about preteen girls and witches and their boyfriends and the prince .. meh, but they're too tall to be pre-teen really.

The story's bland and its kind of a failure in making hilarious situations. The BigGreenChibiLizard was boring.

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    The weekly Jumps have good stories in them all the time. Well, even so, UltraManiac is a little weird.

I found the catboy Rio cute. Don't take it the wrong way XD .. he's just weirdly girlish looking.

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    Well, they're pretty tall and olderish. I've just noticed, maybe they're meant to be like that? 'Cause they're competing to marry a prince. They need to be at least 17 or something?

Years
    It's a good series in my opinion. I prefer the manga over the anime, though.
    I have all the dvds so far and am about to ger volume four of the manga.
    ^^

Cookie luvs Green

I am not a Trainer. I am Ash.
    Years
    I only have 1 volume of the book I think ^^; I kind of like it. It's a cute story and it is something at least for me to pick up if the bookstore doesn't really have anything else I want.
    It doesn't fully interested me though, it's not the type where each time I visit the bookstore I go, "Lemme check if a new -mangatitle- is here yet." or, "At last, it's my chance to get a copy of -soandso-"

I agree that it pretty much does fail when it comes to humor. Though it's still amusing for me.
    Those girls were preteens? XD I thought they were high school at first. |D I think I wasn't paying much attention for the introduction part.
    The art is also cute, but it looks a bit plain in some ways. It's still sugary though xD

I found the catboy Rio cute. Don't take it the wrong way XD .. he's just weirdly girlish looking.
    I read of the 2nd book a bit, I agree that the catboy is adorable XD
    *shiftyeyesofdoom*

I never watched the anime though |D;;

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    XD I can't believe that they're preteen. They're TOO TALL for their own good. Eh, as for Rio, I think he's a weird little guy in the manga/anime .. 'cause cats are feminine things in Japan. A catboy is .. y'know, in a way, very weird.

Back