• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Has this ever happened to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    Ok, so all of my friends have grown out of Pokemon. So I try to keep the fact that I still like it a secret. So whenever I have a friend over, I kick my Pokemon stuff under my bed or sumwhere. Then, someone finds out and tells everyone, and your stuck with the reputation of Pokemon geek. Yes... this topic came out of personal experiences... joy for me!

But has this or something like it ever happened to you?

orange*berry

Has catching up to do...
    Years
    No! Because all my friends are Pokemon fans. I either got them interested, or they just came that way. n.n() I have nothing to hide from them, really.

Kurosaki

(「・ω・)「
    Years
    Legendary_Pokemaster said:
    Ok, so all of my friends have grown out of Pokemon. So I try to keep the fact that I still like it a secret. So whenever I have a friend over, I kick my Pokemon stuff under my bed or sumwhere. Then, someone finds out and tells everyone, and your stuck with the reputation of Pokemon geek. Yes... this topic came out of personal experiences... joy for me!

But has this or something like it ever happened to you?

Yes and No. Some of my friends love Pokemon like me and some of them don't. Every time one of my friends, that is not into Pokemon over comes over I hide all my Pokemon stuff. But I LOVE POKEMON and no one can change that!!

Voice_of_the_forest

Guardian of Celebi
    Years
    Doesn't matter to me. My friends respect me. None of them likes pokemon except Daniel but they never make fun of me. I mean, pokemon's not the only thing i like, just the best thing!

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 13, 2006
    Legendary_Pokemaster said:
    Ok, so all of my friends have grown out of Pokemon. So I try to keep the fact that I still like it a secret. So whenever I have a friend over, I kick my Pokemon stuff under my bed or sumwhere.

Um, yes. But I don't hide my things. You should be proud and have pride in pokemon. I know I do.

Scyther5

One DEAD GUTTED Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 19, 2011
    Yeah its happened, but luckly i turned them in fanatics too =p whew

Pluslechu

Uuuh...Corn?
    Years
    That hasn't happened to me....But I keep the fact that I ABSOLUTLEY ADORE the show a secret at school... They just know I play Sapphire, so I'm safe. *whew* good thing a lot of cute guys at my school like those games...

Evil Togepi

Yu-Gi-Oh GX owns my SOUL!
    Years
    Honestly you shouldn't have to keep what you like to watch a secret, if your friends found out and tease you about it then they're not your real friends, real friends would respect the fact you watch it.

Personally I have gone through something similar at school but not with pok?mon as I was lucky enough to get into that when I left school at 16, but it's terrible how people will just tease other people just cos they like something different than what they're into...everyone should just respect what other people like that's why if I ever meet someone new I try to show them I'm a complete pokemon/anime nut first off to get it over with and see their reaction....most of the time, people couldn't care less and get used to it but all the people I meet tend to be my age anyway ^_^;;

KingpiN

Pok?mon: Magmar
    Years
    yep...i mean...is a honorable thing to stand before ure friends and say: "i liike poookemonnn!"....cuz, they might still want to be your friends, but they may think u are kinda childish or something...so....i preffer to keep my pkmn likings to me:)

...i hope u understand what i just said:D

Salu2

Sayuri no Hoshi

♥ i'm loving angels instead ♥
    Years
    Most of the friends that I've made in my school's drama club love anime and manga so I have no problem talking about it with them. I don't really tell them I like Pokemon, though, lol. Although, there is this one boy I talked to that said he liked to watch Yu-Gi-Oh! a lot...that's more than good enough for me...^_^ However, the friends I've known since middle school and such would think of me as "the freak that likes all that Japanese animation stuff"; so I don't bother even mentioning anime, or better yet Pokemon, to them since I'm stuck in their clique. I know they'd probably keep up a friendship with me but it wouldn't be the same...>_< Either way, I don't really care because I have you guys at PC! Yay, lol.

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
    Years
    i have a lot of friends that like anime... but not pok?mon. they think it's stupid and don't even consider it anime. but in school pok?mon doesn't ever come up and there are plenty of other things to talk about.

as for hiding my stuff, i don't. no one really comes over my house anymore anyways so i don't have a need to hide anything. not that i care that they see my stuff or anything. honestly i don't care whether or not my friends know that i still like pok?mon. they don't only cause it never comes up.

Porygon

Banned
    Years
    I keep my liking Pok?mon an absolute secret. I don't watch the show when someone might see me, I don't allow people to see me on Pok?mon websites, I mean, really only my brother knows I still like Pok?mon, and he hasn't even seen me watching the show anymore, just playing the ROM.

Voice_of_the_forest

Guardian of Celebi
    Years
    I like pokemon and i don't have to keep it a secret. My friend likes yu-gi-oh and it's mostly the girls who tease him. None of the boys. So the reason the girls don't tease me is becuase a friend that's a girl of mine also likes pokemon and she's really popular so yay! :P

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Oct 11, 2014
    the fine line between embarrassment and obsession

Well this is an interesting topic for me since I have no friends here...I have some friends in Japan and on the Internet, but ever since I started liking pocket monsters i lost all my American friends... haha maybe its NOT a coincidence?!?!?

:cheeky:

I remember long ago in high school when I would draw satoshi or something my "friends" would laugh at me and if i started singing some song (like one of the really annoying ones like natsuyasumi fanklub) they would walk away. haha theyre so lame ;D i think watching pocket monsters is definetly a sign of coolness. ;)

Ice Lugia

Author and Role-Player
    Years
    Around here, the usual stereotypes have been strengthened quite a bit by some unknown force before I came. Pokemaniacs are supposed to be eight or nine. I'm thirteen, but around here, that's considered a great, big difference. I'm already an outcast, though, so it just might be that it couldn't get any worse.

Pluslechu

Uuuh...Corn?
    Years
    Evil Togepi said:
    Honestly you shouldn't have to keep what you like to watch a secret, if your friends found out and tease you about it then they're not your real friends, real friends would respect the fact you watch it.

Personally I have gone through something similar at school but not with pok?mon as I was lucky enough to get into that when I left school at 16, but it's terrible how people will just tease other people just cos they like something different than what they're into...everyone should just respect what other people like that's why if I ever meet someone new I try to show them I'm a complete pokemon/anime nut first off to get it over with and see their reaction....most of the time, people couldn't care less and get used to it but all the people I meet tend to be my age anyway ^_^;;
    I agree with you on the fact hat you shouldn't tease people because they like something. Hey I hate classical ,music, and my best friend's into it and I don't say anything bad about it to her...(Just an exsample don't mind me XD)

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 13, 2006
    KingpiN said:
    i preffer to keep my pkmn likings to me:)

...i hope u understand what i just said:D

Yeah, I understand. Just say you like pokemon but don't overshow it by wearing some kind of I like pokemon shirt on. In my school, you get jumped by wearing it.

Sankari

...gone.
    Years
    My geography teacher calls pokemon pokyman...He says there are poky men, and poky women, LOL. He thinks pokemon is for little kids, but he doen't even know that I like it. I'm always called his "best and brightest student, Haley Wall." Darnnit...I just said my name...I he say my notebook (my notebook is flooding with pokemon pictures), I'd be the laughing-stock of the school. At the first day of 6th grade, I had a pokemon back pack that was really neat. The "not neat" part about it is that every time I passed an 8th or 7th grader, they'd comment and say, "Look! The ickle 6th grader still likes pokemon!" or "Ooh...Pokemon: how popular..." I didn't take the backpack off, bravely, but unfortunately, a gigantuan hole ripped in it...I would of worn it the rest of my life, but...
    *snort* I still have it in the closet!
    <_<
    >_>
    Anyways, in 5th grade, I seem to be telling an autobiography of myself, this kid litterally came up to Clappyseel and I and commented, "You still like pokemon?"
    "Yes..."
    "I thought that was old, and people started liking Yu-Gi-Oh, and DragonballZ and stuff."
    I like neither, so don't kill me.
    Phew...so, uh...don't let the people get you down! Be proud that your a fan! Everyone on this site is brave for liking pokemon still!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back