• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Has this happened to you?

T.Dragon

long time orre reigon trainer
    Years
    I once bought a version of ruby in spain while I was on holliday's and as soon as i played it it said "The save file is currupt". I just played it anyway and finished the game. Then about a year latter i turned it on and it said "the save file has been deleted". I opened it up and the save box thingy was cracked! I could'nt save the game then...has this ever happened to any of you? It realy anoyed me!
    I'm never trusting forign games again!

trjessie579

Rocket Member
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jan 24, 2008
    It's a fake game.

The real Ruby cart is a translucent red, most fakes have a grey or black cart, delete themselves randomly, tend to have a poor translation, and give you weird messages when you start up.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2006
    That must suck. That happened to me once. Sort of. My friend gave me a game from thailand and when I got home and tried to play it (PKMN Ruby)
    There was absolutely nothing on it. It wouldn't make the NINTENDO thing appear.

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2006
    yes this is a fake game this happened to my friend that had a game of Emerald that he baught from turky it still lets him save but the file keeps on corupting! After the pokemon league it corrupted in save!

BonzaiMudkip

Senior Trainer
    Years
    Man,that sucks.I see what you mean,my brother bought a FireRed on Ebay,but it was bootleg.And when he tried to save,it wouldin't let him.He bought me a LeafGreen from there,but when i got mine,it looked exactly like his(black cart,fake stiker,etc.)But when i saved,it saved like normal.The only thing i don't get was when i pressed select when no key item was registered,a weird text apeared that look like it was for the people testing it.It basicly said something like a test cart and said some date it got produced and then said BETA.I have no idea what it meant,but it still worked like a normal game.

Kuri-Chan ♪

Crystal Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2008
    Well, on our computer my dad dowloaded us FR And LG. The Program has a save option of it's own, so we save there, but when my brother tries to save his FR in-game, it says somthing like 'Please insert the cartrige'. Mine works fine Though.

Back