• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Has your internal battery died yet?

Years
    The one for my Gold version died a long time ago...I'm glad my Silver is still fine though, after 8 years^^

But one of my friends has Emerald and he had EVERYTHING- as in all the Pokemon, all the items, EVERYTHING AS IN 100% complete. And then one day while I was talking to him on the phone and he suddenly started crying, and when I asked him what was wrong...well, I think you can fill in that blank...such a sad story....

Andrew1989

neet
    Years
    My pokemon Gold's battery has run out.

My little brother's Silver Battery has been dead for 3 years :(.

...My pokemon Crystal Battery life is still alive. Maybe I'll go play it again one day :).

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2012
    Yeah, it has. We replaced it with a watch battery and now it works fine.

Except for one weird moment where I got stuck in a wall and had to reset. (Lesson learned. Save more often then every 2.5 hours. You never know when a wall will eat you.)

Gelly

Don't eat me!
    Years
    My Blue still lives! It's pretty old, it has like 12 years!:D

When i bought my silver it was already dead >.>

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2014
    I don't care about any before Crystal...everything on them was transferred to Crsytal.

Crystal died off, and the file was gone. Really strangely, I checked it again like six months later to start a file for fun, and the file was back. Strange...

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2011
    My Silver cartridge is the only one I have that's dead, as it's the only one that I've owned since it was originally released. I lost both my old Gold & Crystal cartridges, but the used ones that replaced them still work.

Strangely, all of my R/B/Y cartridges still work, even though I've owned them all since '99.

Zenoah

Hop along to the cowboy beat.
    Years
    Me and my friend's Crystal versions!

Mine will delete what I've done and his, the time is glitched. Makes me very sad because i love Crystal and I want to play it...

awsomedude30

Am I a beginning trainer?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2014
    mine ran out 6 years ago
    i actually cried, but seeing as how i was 7 it doesnt really matter
    but i still miss it =(
    having it on a ROM isnt the same

magix7

CO-LEADER OF KODO
    Years
    What happens if your internal battery dies? Its a bit of a nooby question but i want to know how i can prevent it from occurring.

Zenoah

Hop along to the cowboy beat.
    Years
    It could mean a game getting deleted after saving, that's my vote. That and ones that keep time (Crystal) wont keep it correctly.
    How you can prevent it? Sadly I dont think you can.

Years
    I've had the same problems with G/S/C, further reading on the web revealed that others have left the game running for 24+ hours on a sp. Doing so can recharge your battery.

Recently tried with Crystal, after 24 hours tried saving and have since continue to magically save. Thought this advice might be useful, as i would have loved to known before i threw away an old copy of Gold.

Pani

H e a r t G o l d ♥
    Years
    The Gold version of my game died after not too long. I never got into it when I had the chance.

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2008
    Where can I buy a new battery and how do I install it? And if you use the recharging the battery by playing the game on the sp, how long is the battery expected to hold the charge.

I just bought myself a pokemon silver version off ebay, but when it arrived it wouldn't save. So I want to replace the batteries, but don't know how. Until today I didn't even know these batteries existed, that's actually how I found this site.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Mine has died. Its been dead for a while. I just dont want to sell them.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    Well this is an interesting topic. The problem all Poké fans dread. it's the horrible internal battery. Has yours died yet?

I bought a copy of Pokémon Silver off a friend and I took it home. I got really far into the game and I saved it. Later I came back and the save was deleted...I'm still planning on getting the battery replaced.

Has anyone else had their internal battery die yet?

The exact same thing happened to me! But this time, I had Pokemon Crystal.

Back