• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hate Science?

Hate Science?

• Yup! Yup! Yup!

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Duh, no!

Votes: 35 83.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ÇyänïdëÉX

Dr.banana
Years
  • Stop being ignorant. You're using science right now.
    I was just going to point that out. It is because of science that he can moan about how hard science is on the net. Hmm i always loved the subject science even when in some fields i completely fail at..its mainly the math that kills me.

But i love it.

Science is swell. The subject is interesting, it's fun, and easy. I love to learn it. When I watch Bones or [¡]CSI[/i] I like to know what in the hell they are talking about [: .I like to know what substance they found on the body before the dummy explanation.

The experiments are really fun, like dry ice, a chemical clues lab(burning stuff, mixing chemicals.) They are really engaging. Lots of times, they allow you to explore things. Other labs are very hands on. Yeah, the dissections were a little gross, but it is more interesting to feel and see the organs first hand, rather than viewing the diagram in a text book.

Science also helps with our problems. It helps find cures for diseases, helps predict/prevent disasters. It teaches us the best way to raise crops, it teaches us how to benefit most from the crops we grow; it tells us why to even eat the food in the first place.

Wihout Science, we wouldn't be having this conversation; we'd aall be smashing things with our clubs... actually, we wouldn't be using clubs,we wouldn't know thwy are better than our hands. Science s everything.

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2023
    YEAHHH LET'S ALL BOYCOTT SCIENCE

then we can all be cavemen or something again

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
  • Oh for the love of god, knock it off. He means the STUDY of Science. Due to the way he wrote, it's clear that he's just a kid in school, plus he even gives his reasoning for hating science due to studies. Stop trying to put him in intellectual checkmate by pointing out he is using science.

PS, he isn't using science, he is using a production of people that used science. It is perfectly possible for him to "hate" science, since he seems to be a child anyway.

Personally, I loved science class. All the colorful pictures in the biology books really caught my attention. As for science itself, well, look below on my views.

Science isn't just limited to whitecoats in a lab with beakers & chemicals. We use it everyday. When you decide to go to a restaraunt, you pose a hypothesis (Is this a good restaraunt? It looks good), followed by experimentation (I'll eat there & see), ending in a resut proving his hypothesis (It's good, but I don't like the service, I'd probably not go there)...So Yeah.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Oh for the love of god, knock it off. He means the STUDY of Science. Due to the way he wrote, it's clear that he's just a kid in school, plus he even gives his reasoning for hating science due to studies. Stop trying to put him in intellectual checkmate by pointing out he is using science.

PS, he isn't using science, he is using a production of people that used science. It is perfectly possible for him to "hate" science, since he seems to be a child anyway.
    ???

Seriously? I don't care if he means the actual science class. S/he needs to learn school system's science class has brought together the greatest minds of all time and created what we all love and enjoy today. Now whose in the intellectual checkmate?

sims796

Years
  • Does it matter? All that matters is that he dislikes the class. Plain and simple. This is a common attitude amongst children, hell, the reasons he has given clearly shows that because of the class he is taking, he finds the subject science boring.

Face it, people use math everyday, it doesn't mean they enjoy math as a subject, and will often say "I hate math" when they get too much math homework. Kids find school boring. Why this is a suprise is beyond me.

So no, it certainly isn't me whose been bought down, especially since I wasn't only talking about you.

Saying "science bought together the greatest minds to create what we love today", doesn't make it sound any more appealing. This is just an attitude that he'll get over. Even adults say how much they hate science class, and how they found it boring. Science is just finding out how things work, and some people don't care about the details.

Last edited:

ÇyänïdëÉX

Dr.banana
    Years
  • Lets try to keep an open mind and not start fighting each other over the subject. Also try to respect other people by not calling them child even if they are.

Also i would like to add that there were times were i didn't like science so much, but it was mostly the chemistry portion and during that year i was a horrible student.

sims796

Years
  • Don't think I use the word child in an insulting term, but he clearly is a kid in school. That said, it's obvious why he doesn't care for the subject of science. It can be boring, full of crap no one really cares about. My best grades were in that class, but even I thought how some of the stuff I was learning was bland, boring, & useless. Many students plain didn't like science, as others hated english class, despite how necessary it is. No amount of knowing how important the subject is doesn't make it any more pleasing.

And please, no need to mini mod, forum police are blue!

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Does it matter? All that matters is that he dislikes the class. Plain and simple. This is a common attitude amongst children, hell, the reasons he has given clearly shows that because of the class he is taking, he finds the subject science boring.

Face it, people use math everyday, it doesn't mean they enjoy math as a subject, and will often say "I hate math" when they get too much math homework. Kids find school boring. Why this is a suprise is beyond me.

So no, it certainly isn't me whose been bought down, especially since I wasn't only talking about you.

Saying "science bought together the greatest minds to create what we love today", doesn't make it sound any more appealing. This is just an attitude that he'll get over. Even adults say how much they hate science class, and how they found it boring. Science is just finding out how things work, and some people don't care about the details.
    Your implying that a subject doesn't get more appealing, even after learning that all the common names of famous men and women throughout human history used science to end wars, create cures, venture into space, and also create the Internet that, thirty years ago, didn't exist?

Okay then. I see what your saying.

sims796

Years
  • Your implying that a subject doesn't get more appealing, even after learning that all the common names of famous men and women throughout human history used science to end wars, create cures, venture into space, and also create the Internet that, thirty years ago, didn't exist?

Okay then. I see what your saying.

Yes, I am. What appeals to you doesn't appeal to others. Needles & injections save many lives, doesn't stop people from fearing a shot. YOU may find all that interesting, many others do. Many others do not. History is a boring subject to many, seen as plain useless. A pal of mine here loves history. What appeals to you doesn't make it the epitomy of interesting.

As I said, the subject, or study of science can be very boring, especially since it's mostly just pure research of things people may or may not care about.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Nobody should ever say a subject is boring. There is always going to be a few times when your going to say "This is such a ****in' awesome class".

sims796

Years
  • That's why people are different, plenty of likes & dislikes. I liked all my subjects, but a friend of mine hated history. Saying "it's useful" didn't make him like it. He passed, of course, but cause he had too, not cause he wanted too. No amount of saying why it's "fun" (because my definition of fun isn't the sole definitive) didn't change his mind, so I learned how to accept his different opinion.

But now I'm straying off topic.

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
  • No. I love Science.
    I enjoy it greatly, and even with the heaps of Maths, it's still easier than writing essays or translating dead languages.
    A Science (Chemistry) is my third favourite subject (after Ancient Greek and Latin). I have the privelige of good teachers and good science labs at my school. I can understand how Science could seem pretty boring if school didn't show it the way it is; exciting!

xX

Back