• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you changed fave pokemon?

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
    1 Politoed
    2 Charizard
    3 torterra
    4 mamoswine
    5 Glalie
    6 houndoom
    Its usually always these 6 they just change order all the time

zevarius kerensky

i bid my timberwolf in defiance of yer claim!
    Years
    from pikachu - charmander - charmeleon - charzaird - treecko - grovyle - sceptile - lucario

changed from pikachu - lucario (around 7 changes)

redsaber5859

Banned
    Years
    UMMM i havent changed, but ive added

My old fav~
    Deoxys

however over the years ive loved~
    Flygon
    Toxicroak

so theyre all tied

ANIME
    deoxys

OU BATTLES
    Flygon

UU BATTLES
    Toxicroak

The earliest favourite Pokemon would have been probably Psyduck. I remember I got a bouncing Psyduck ball because I loved it so much (I had ducks as a kid after that time, so I don't know how that works out). Ooh and I used to like Staryu! I recall I also liked Jigglypuff for some reason, too. I used to like Tauros (due to starsign), not sure what else... oh! I used to like Jolteon because in my brain I used to think there was a Pokemon called "EeveeJolteon".

Hmm... I used to love Cyndaquil, Chikorita and Totodile, I can't remember a favourite out of them... and omg, I hated spiders but I loved Spinarak. I've always liked Bellossom cause it's adorable. I used to also like Corsola and Mantine for some reason. Oh, and Ho-Oh/Lugia I used to love. And out of the three "dogs", my favourite used to be Suicune. Umm, then when R/S came out, I realised I loved Torchic (Oh and I forgot to mention I loved Butterfree too). Umm... Swablu too. Azurill and Skitty are also included though Skitty sort of didn't last long.

Now my favourites (iirc and not in order) are Torchic, Cyndaquil, Entei, Chikorita, Totodile, Chansey, Cubone, Kangaskan, Azurill, Psyduck, Bellossom, (out of my gen 5 favourites, I only have a few favourites I see lasting long-term), Chiramii and maybe Koromori, Shikijika and... maybe the swan, too. I have other gen 5 favourites but I dunno if they'll still be favourites in many years. Oh and Staryu is becoming a favourite again, too.

So, to conclude. My first favourite I can remember was Psyduck, now it's Torchic though I'm unsure if that'll stay my main favourite forever.
    YOU FORGOT CHERRIM *FAINTS*

I THOUGHT YOU AND LIGHTNING LOVED CHERRIM

Last edited:

NovaStar

Team Malachite Spriter
    Years
    I usually don't change favorites, it's more of a tie between several different Pokemon. Usually it's Drifblim, Dunsparce, and Tyrogue most of the time. Gotta have some love for the easily forgotten Pokemon.

redsaber5859

Banned
    Years
    I usually don't change favorites, it's more of a tie between several different Pokemon. Usually it's Drifblim, Dunsparce, and Tyrogue most of the time. Gotta have some love for the easily forgotten Pokemon.
    Have you changed fave pokemon?

i couldnt resist doing this lol

it took me ten minutes so i know it isnt good

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    Yes, I did. In the beginning my favourite was Squirtle, moste likely partially decided by the Squirtle plush I got for my birthday when I became 11. Then it was Raichu, also partially decided by the ADORABLE Raichu plush I got a few years after. <3 Fufufu, I still love that one. Never cared much for Pikachu. =/

When Jotho arrived I fell in love with the Cyndaquil family, but a little prior to the 4th movie made me love Suicune (at that time I was unable to pronounce it's name. XD; )
    In Hoenn it was Mudkip, along with the Torchic family. But I never left my love for the Cyndaquil family.

With the release of MysteryDungeon, I started loving Squirtle and Cyndaquil again. :'D And eventually Typhlosion took the n°1 spot.

Then the excitement for Pokémon lowered a bit for the next years, but with the announcement of HGSS, it was right back where it used to be, with Typhlosion as my favourite Pokémon. And he still is. :'D

SinisterEternity

→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~
    Years
    Charizard -> Mew -> Articuno -> Honchkrow -> Pidgeot -> Articuno -> Latias -> Latios -> Rayquaza -> Salamence -> Skarmory -> Steelix -> Hounddom -> Articuno xD

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Only one time that I would really count.

For years, since before GSC was even released in English, my favourite Pokémon was Pichu. It was probably my favourite from 2000 until 2008 which is a very long time. I'd never found anything that matched it in terms of cuteness or likability. Sure, I had other Pokémon I liked but nothing even came close.

Until Cherrim.

:[ I discovered Cherrim a few days after I got Diamond in 2007. There's a ridiculous story behind why I decided to catch and train one so I won't mention it (though its nickname "Marluxia" gives a bit of a hint toward it xD), but I ended up really, really liking it. Once I got a plushie of it, that was that. It steadily climbed the ranks of my favourites until it was basically on par with Pichu. Honestly, I think it was my favourite Pokémon as early as mid-to-late 2007 but I wouldn't admit to myself that I had a new one (because I never, ever thought Pichu could be replaced and was trying to convince myself that liking Cherrim was just a phase) until mid-2008.

And now? I'm... arguably the #1 fan of Cherrim in the world. (b' ')b And people would probably ask me if I was okay if I suggested anything else were my favourite.

I had other favourites before Pichu existed but I flip-flopped between Raichu and Vaporeon so much that neither could really be considered a favourite. I don't even like them a lot now.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I have changed my favourite Pokemon, only once though. Back when the fourth generation was just being leaked and new Pokemon were being revealed almost daily, there was a Pokemon that caught my eye. It's design was captivating, it was a dark type Pokemon that looked scary but cool way. It's name? Darkrai. It quickly became my favourite Pokemon, and for seven months at that.

However a day came, when I was creating the new "What's your favourite Pokemon" thread, that I thought to myself: what actually is my favourite Pokemon? Is there another one that I love more than Darkrai? It took me a while to figure this out. Well, I knew of one other contender, and the more I thought of it, the more I realized that my true favourite Pokemon is none other than the cunning, sly and ever-so-cool Meowth!

Chad -

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2012
    Mightyena and Charizard will probably be my two favorite Pokemon forever. But I do not know about B&W, so I may change if I liked a Pokemon there.

Styxx

Obsessive Breeder
    Years
    Mine changes all the time, though there are a few dozen I really, really like. For instance Vulpix, because I just loved them in Pokemon Snap and Sandshrew because of the episode with... what was his name, TJ or something? The awesome trainer Ash kept accusing of abusing his pokemon.

I dunno, I roleplay a lot, so my favorite is generally related to my current character. Right now I'm rather partial to Glacion and Furret for that reason.

Rapidash

Firefly Class.
    Years
    Ermm, mine's always been a tie between Rapidash, Arcanine and Ninetales with Rapidash always slightly leading

Needless to say that Fire is my favourite type

Back