• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have You Eeen Dropped From Playing A Video Game Online?

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Hi guys. I am curious about something again. I am asking this because I am thinking about getting Mario Kart Wii. And one of those days I would love to play with someone online. But I heard that if your Internet connection is messed up or not working one day...you could get dropped. And then I heard you could lose points because you left the game without warning. I think it isn't fair at all. It isn't your fault that your Internet connection is messed up for a few minutes. And then the person you played with will think you chickened out. Which isn't the case. I am so afraid that is going to happen to me. I don't want to get a bad reputation. That isn't right.

But I guess that is how it works. So I am kinda of scared. I have a feeling that I don't want to play online. My connection is good, but sometimes for a few minutes it won't work. Like I have to restart my computer sometimes because it is unable connect. It is annoying.

So has this happen to you? Has it happened to you while you played a game on PS3, XBOX 360, and Wii? How did you handle it? I really want to know so I can be calm about it. Because right now I am kinda of scared. So yeah tell me your thoughts guys. Thanks.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • Out of the 1700 online matches, I think its happened 3 times (one was a power outage) to me. and my internet is slow T_T (718kbs)

Its not a problem really, it happens once in a while, but that's it.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Well at least it didn't happen to you all the time. I feel bad for people who gets their Internet cut off sometimes often. If only for a few minutes. They are playing a game online...oh man. That isn't good. I hope it doesn't happen to me.

Back