• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have You Ever Hurt Somebody Close to You?

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Yeah, this is one of those threads where the answer basically shows whether or not you're a liar - every single person except for maybe babies have hurt someone close to them at some point in time. So either people who say no are lying or they honestly think they're so perfect that they never hurt a person close to them, which....yeah that's not how people work.
    I think the heart of the question is in the realm of "have you ever absolutely ruined someone else's confidence in you?", which I don't think is reasonable to expect everyone to have done.

Last edited:
    Years
    I wouldn't feel too bad about it. I understand your guilt, but it was probably for the best. She could have hurt others even more with cover-up lies or even done the same thing again. She learned her lesson. You HELPED her. Hopefully you two can make up. :)
    Oh, it's way too late for that now! It happened over 4 years ago, and while I don't feel bad about it now, I did a lot back then...
    I agree with you though, and that's exactly why I revealed to her parents and boyfriend what she had done: I genuinely thought doing so would be for her own good, even if I could have hurt her.
    I thought she could have forgiven me and understood my intentions ( just like you did! ), but she never did and so she removed me from her life. I was ultimately disappointed at this last decision of hers as well, but I accepted it and moved on...

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I have hurt girls during my adolescence because of my mentality of 'consume and throw away'

I know this is in essence a bad thing but this is the most hilarious wording I have ever read in my life lmao. I'm imagining you ordering a large to-go cup of girl.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I definitely have, intentionally and unintentionally. I'm sure everyone has. For a while, my biggest regret was something I did that hurt my best friend. I end up feeling pretty terrible once I'm out of the moment if I hurt someone, whether it was on purpose or not.

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
    Years
    Oh, it's way too late for that now! It happened over 4 years ago, and while I don't feel bad about it now, I did a lot back then...
    I agree with you though, and that's exactly why I revealed to her parents and boyfriend what she had done: I genuinely thought doing so would be for her own good, even if I could have hurt her.
    I thought she could have forgiven me and understood my intentions ( just like you did! ), but she never did and so she removed me from her life. I was ultimately disappointed at this last decision of hers as well, but I accepted it and moved on...

Oh...that stinks. I'm sorry. I would have done the same thing.

Back