• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

have you thought?

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    they don't have enough backround info yet. Besides they only have about 9 new Pokemon and that doesn't seem enough to make a Pokemon game. Unless if they add the other 386 Pokemon. If so they will have to make it for Japan 1st and that sucks.

:t003:Dark Venusaur

Buffalo State College
    Years
    bluestorm said:
    I hope they have at least 80-120 new pokemon... And ok so im guessing, around christmas time?
    To me i don't think that they are going to make enough Pokemon. I went on alot of Pokemon websites(some were in Japanese) and they are clueless. Unless they will start making new Pokemon after the 9th movie was aired in Japan. The that will give them a long time to start making Pokemon

legendarysim

1337 Programmer
    Years
    Ozone SGT.Slurricane said:
    well for starts I have wondered why they are takingf so long to fianly complete these games? we all know that they said they were atking timeto make the game as good as possible,But I think they have more reasons.
    My 1st theory is that they are going to add evry pokemon in the game

This could be the possibilty considering the fact that DS roms can hold tons of memory.

2nd opinion is that they are prolly making the game for all languages instead of just making it availible in japanat first& hopefully it will be a world wide release like with the consoles,due to the possibility of nintendo wifi.so that all people who get the game's will have a fare start,instead of having them to cacth up with 1 another.

The DS itself if multilingual (I would know I play it In German :/) and it is very simple to make 1 version of the game than 8. It would just detect your current language and boot your game into that language. The fairness possibly is another reason why should do it. With the DS RSA security it would be really hard to hack the game unless you had a DS reader. I'm sure with 2006 being modern as is, they can think of some memory reader that knows changed values. If they are reading this: Nintendo could have it where every single thing (except for steps is recorded). It may take a lot of memory and a huge save file put it would prevent hacking. Or at the least record Pokemon stat.

These are just some thoughts that have been giing me a headach & I just had to show it to you all,since I havent read all the threads if there is already a thread like this I opologize

Well, I forgot to paste this out of the quote. So I will waste your time with this message :)

Hyster-ia

Hyster-ia
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2006
    Dark Venusaur said:
    Because its kind of hard to make a game like that considering its for the DS.

In fact it's pretty simple, but since they have to come up with something new it will take a while, because it's so ****ed hard to find something new.

Years
    Ozone SGT.Slurricane said:
    well for starts I have wondered why they are takingf so long to fianly complete these games? we all know that they said they were atking timeto make the game as good as possible,But I think they have more reasons.
    My 1st theory is that they are going to add evry pokemon in the game

2nd opinion is that they are prolly making the game for all languages instead of just making it availible in japanat first& hopefully it will be a world wide release like with the consoles,due to the possibility of nintendo wifi.so that all people who get the game's will have a fare start,instead of having them to cacth up with 1 another.

These are just some thoughts that have been giing me a headach & I just had to show it to you all,since I havent read all the threads if there is already a thread like this I opologize

I think that your right...First Paragraph and second...

I also noticed someone said something about DS not being able to handle all that....i think it could to be honest. Just my opinion

Fl0W:HHGURU

Used to be pokEMOn UseR =]
    Years
    a release around christmas would be great because then i could get a ds aswell, do you think that trading pokemon would be possbile aswell when using p/d online? :)

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Okay lets just think of it like this. They start making Pokemon in the summer and they finally tell us that Japan will have it in December. So we might have it in April or May of 2007. Who knows

legendarysim

1337 Programmer
    Years
    Dark Venusaur said:
    Okay lets just think of it like this. They start making Pokemon in the summer and they finally tell us that Japan will have it in December. So we might have it in April or May of 2007. Who knows

Yeah, thats where the Japanese are making mistakes. It would be so easy to make the cartiledge boot to the language on the DS. It woulds save time and money too so you do not have to make localized versions. I guess we wait until it is released in Japan though. Even if the make the English after Japanese realease it should be 3-6 before it comes out. It keeps getting faster everytime.

Years
    Nope,they aren't making all the PKMN in the game,because that would probaly show this being it's last game.There last game would not be the 1st on the DS.There last game will probally be a MMORPG.

Buffalo State College
    Years
    You know what I don't get. If its taking so long just to make Mystery Dungeon for both DS and GBA Versions and all they really got to do is change the language. Or is it because they didn't find any US names for Manyula and Manae yet.

legendarysim

1337 Programmer
    Years
    Dark Venusaur said:
    You know what I don't get. If its taking so long just to make Mystery Dungeon for both DS and GBA Versions and all they really got to do is change the language. Or is it because they didn't find any US names for Manyula and Manae yet.

I agree with you whole heartedly. It is taking to long to translate the game. The game barley has a story so there really isn't much text to translate. Making names for English Pokemon should be easy. They pull one out of the hat or make names on latin/greek roots based on the pokemons' look. It doesn't REALLY take to long to make a game like this provided if they did this the way I am thinking they did. Maybe they are just taking their time.

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Well they are going to have to do it sooner or later. Look at this the Battle Frontier series already started for the People in the US. Since Manae is found in episode 422 which isn't aired yet. They really don't have enough time since they are showing 2 new episodes of Pokemon each Saturday. So they better hustle

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Like I said before they will probably start making Pokemon after the movie. But we still need the Us names for Manyula and Manane because they are in the 8th Pokemon movie and we still have no clue when they are going to nothing about it. Japan is about to go on there 9th movie we only have Pokemon 7

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Well each Pokemon has its origins...it shouldn't take long for names. Its simple.

Squirtle=Squirt+Turtle
    Charmander=Char(as in coal type stuff)+Salamander (Lizard)
    Bulbasaur=Bulb+Dinosaur
    Voltorb=Volt(voltage)+Orb(Ball)
    Torchic=Torch(to set fire to)+Chick

It is really simple thinking about it...

Back