• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Having Pokemon Behind You

Status
Not open for further replies.

dyenguard

Burst of Flame!
Years
  • Although this may already exist (I cannot find one), this is the topic about having pokemon follow you in HG/SS compared to Black/White were they do not.

There are probably a lot of mixed opinions, I personally enjoyed having my pokemon follow me around, and I have no idea why they took the concept away.

Feel free to post your thoughts here. Or not if you just use a bike lol

Cubaser

Cercatori d'Arte
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2011
    I agree - it was a cute concept in HGSS and they should have kept it for Black and White. Not sure why they didn't.

TTC

Tommy The Cat
    Years
  • I don't care either way. I'm surprised they took it out, but it doesn't really bother me that they did.

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • I prefer it either like it is now or like it was in Yellow how only 1 could follow. Mostly cause I like the animation of them coming out of the ball.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I don't mind it. At first I was pretty disappointed in the lack of it because it had been so popular with HG/SS. Now I realize that they probably did this to keep it as something special for HG/SS, and indeed it does. I'm sure it'll return in the future, maybe for the next set of remakes?

Cubaser

Cercatori d'Arte
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2011
    Another possibility is that they started making Black and White before HG/SS, or that they used the code from Diamond and Pearl so they couldn't edit it in.

AntiZero

Remember?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2014
    I agree, that was a nice feature.
    I want an option to have your Pokemon follow you or not. That would be interesting. :)

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Another possibility is that they started making Black and White before HG/SS, or that they used the code from Diamond and Pearl so they couldn't edit it in.

Yeah, that could definitely be it as well. I remember them saying that they had been working on the C-Gear idea for at least four years, so who knows how long before that they had even been working on the game itself. Could very well be that HG/SS coding didn't come until way after.

dyenguard

Burst of Flame!
    Years
  • I used to think that it was just because of all the 3dish graphics, and it would look weird in zoomed out areas like Black city and White forest. I think you may be right about the special feature just for HG/SS idea though.

Years
  • Im willing to bet they took it out for the same reason they took out the pokewalker, so they are still able to premote HG/SS with haveing something unique, if they continued it then there is no reason to buy them.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Well, if you typed "follow", which is mentioned in your first post, you'd have found this thread, which asks what Pokemon you'd have follow you around if it were possible. In over half of the posts, the users mention whether they would've preferred the feature or not, making this thread redundant. If you want to discuss the implementation of the following feature in future games I guess that could go in Pokemon Gaming Central, though.

Anyway, please use that thread to post your thoughts on what Pokemon you'd like behind you, along with whether you think the feature should've been included in Black and White!

Having Pokemon Behind You

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back