• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Having Trouble Applying Patches/Rombases

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2021
    Hello all. For some time now I have been attempting to patch my copy of firered with varying rom bases and patches. I first tried to do the firered patch that expands the pokedex (i wanna say it was like a 1020+ patch or something along those lines). Despite downloading the ini's associated with the patch and replacing the ini's in my respective hacking programs with the new ones (PGE, G3HS) I am always met with errors.

After being discouraged for several days I tried once again to apply a patch this time taking the simpler route and trying to patch my clean fire red with MrDS's decap and attack patch. Following basically the same steps I did before I was met again with the same collusions (there is a joke about insanity in here somewhere). This time I even tried making the name of the .ini match the name of the rom exactly and put it in the folder for the program along with the default ini. This worked briefly in PGE where I was able to look at the added moves but upon trying to go to the Pokemon Editor I was met with an error and not able to look at the Pokemon. I also tried editing the hex to change BPRE to MrDS so that I could use it in G3HS but i was met with an error that said something about offset 0xfffff being invalid.

I have scoured around for several hours trying to find a simplified solution but to no avail so I figured I would just ask the question here straight up.

Back