• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Having troubles to edit type advantage and disadvantage

Sounak

Black Charizard
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2018
    Hello Everyone.
    I am new to rom hacking and using online tutorials to make a new rom hack.
    But while using shnyryq's tutorials to add fairy type every tyme i add type advantages and disadvantage of fairy type the game crashes.
    I've changed the pointer to 00 00 97 08
    copied the type advantage chart at 970000
    added the FE FE 00 07 00 01 07 00 FF FF 00 at last.
    help will be appreciated.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Hello Everyone.
    I am new to rom hacking and using online tutorials to make a new rom hack.
    But while using shnyryq's tutorials to add fairy type every tyme i add type advantages and disadvantage of fairy type the game crashes.
    I've changed the pointer to 00 00 97 08
    copied the type advantage chart at 970000
    added the FE FE 00 07 00 01 07 00 FF FF 00 at last.
    help will be appreciated.

Well, I know for a fact that there is more than one pointer to the type advantage chart. So if you're doing this by hand, you'll need to find and change every pointer in the ROM.
    That may be what is causing your problems.

But, there is an easier way! I'm just gonna self-advertise a bit by saying that my tool, Type Effectiveness Editor, can add new types to the table for you. Using it, it will handle repointing the table and the type names. You'll just need to worry about the type images. (link is in my signature if you can't find it)

Back