• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hayley Pokemon from Pokemon Ranch

Years
  • I have a question that's really bothering me. I bought Pokemon Ranch for the Wii and pretty soon, Hayley traded me her Pikachu and Staravia. I transferred them to my DS cartridge, but when I tried to trade them, I was told that they were hacks because they are supposed to come in a cherish ball and say that they met in a Lovely Place. Mine are in a regular pokeball, Pikachu is from Trophy Garden and Staravia is from Route 201.

I swear I really did get them from my own Ranch! How is this possible? Did this happen to anyone else?

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2012
    Are you sure you withdrew the Pokemon that Hayley gave you, and not your own Pokemon that you deposited to the Ranch before you traded?

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2009
    The same thing happened to me. I didn't try to trade them, but I do have the Pikachu and Staravia and it says the same thing. The Pikachu is also a different Lv. then what Serebii says it should be.

Years
  • I'm positive that I withdrew the same ones. I don't have that many pokemon - it would be pretty hard to mix them up.

Is it possible that Serebii is wrong, or that the US Ranch data is not the same as the Yukari Ranch data? I just feel awful that I was accused of trying to trade hacks =(

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    No, the person who accused you was wrong. Nowhere on the Serebii page does it say that the normal Pokemon came from a "Lovely place" or in a Cherish Ball. I have my own, 100% legitimate copies of the two to prove it. He or she was probably just thinking of the two Legendaries, for which that does hold true. All that is special about the other 20 are moveset, held item, and the OT/ID.

If it was somebody here, you can go ahead and quote me on that.

Serebii

Webmaster of Serebii.net
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2012
    Just to confirm, a couple will be in Cherish Balls (Mew & Phione) but the balls the others are in are Pokéballs apart from a few. For example, if I recall correctly, Shroomish, Yanma & Croagunk in a Safari Ball,

It also doesnt say they're in a Cherish Ball on my site

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Just to confirm, a couple will be in Cherish Balls (Mew & Phione) but the balls the others are in are Pokéballs apart from a few. For example, if I recall correctly, Shroomish, Yanma & Croagunk in a Safari Ball,

It also doesnt say they're in a Cherish Ball on my site

Thank you for the confirmation, sir.

Nowhere on the Serebii page does it say that the normal Pokemon came from a "Lovely place" or in a Cherish Ball. I have my own, 100% legitimate copies of the two to prove it. He or she was probably just thinking of the two Legendaries, for which that does hold true. All that is special about the other 20 are moveset, held item, and the OT/ID.

There you have it, Nullomore. Confirmed by Serebii itself.

dr00

「ちこく」君
    Years
  • The same thing happened to me. I didn't try to trade them, but I do have the Pikachu and Staravia and it says the same thing. The Pikachu is also a different Lv. then what Serebii says it should be.

the level that they are when she trades them and the level it says when they were caught are different.

Back