• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Heart Gold, Soul Silver, Spirit Crystal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
Years
  • Yeah, they can easily just throw Crystal elements into HgSs, especially since there wasn't even much that changed in Crystal, just some extra features and a couple of changed places. Plus remaking Crystal might take away from the sales of HgSs, which I'm sure GF doesn't want :P

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • Yellow was a special edition so they wouldn't remake that, but the chance that a Crystal remake will be done is really very slim. Almost all of Crystals attributes have been put into the remakes plus some little extras. I don't see why, but people basing that they wont because they didn't with Yellow is total rubbish. Yellow was a special edition. Green wasn't released over here, only in Japan.

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
  • I doubt they'll make one.
    If they did, it wouldn't be a huge thing, it wouldn't get as much money as HG or SS.
    Just my opinion though. It just doesn't seem very likely. But if they do make one it probably would be called Spirit Crystal.

Dragonzord

Metagame x Metamon
    Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2012
    a better name would be mind crystal.

spirit is kinda like soul, because, for lack of a better term, nintendo is kinda goin for a "spiritual body parts" theme, heart and soul, so the mind would fall into that.

also

My guess on the Crystal remake name?
    Blood Crystal mbe?
    .... really? thats really close to blood diamond. Not very politicol correcto!

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    *agrees with Dragonzord*

Mind crystal would be more appropriate name. But i doubt a third remake will be produced.
    Features from crystal would most likely be in HGSS (eg, the battle tower which is visible in the new Johto art).
    Also they didnt release a SeaBlue/OceanBlue/WaterBlue version so why bother with a mind crystal?

silvanarrow

A figment of your imagination
    Years
  • *agrees with Dragonzord*

Mind crystal would be more appropriate name. But i doubt a third remake will be produced.
    Features from crystal would most likely be in HGSS (eg, the battle tower which is visible in the new Johto art).
    Also they didnt release a SeaBlue/OceanBlue/WaterBlue version so why bother with a mind crystal?

I'm gonna have to agree with this. When they remade Red and Green as FireRed and LeafGreen, they never did a third remake for Blue. I can't see why this would be any different. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only times they have done a third game in a series is when it's a new generation and not a remake (ie. R/B/Y, G/S/C, R/S/E, D/P/Pt).

Of course, I would love to see a Crystal remake, but I doubt it'll happen.

Tristin1991

BeginerTrainerTristin!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2009
    silver narrow have you been around in japan!?!?! it is red blue yellow GREEN =firered leaf green and OCEANBLUE crystal gold and silver you are all right it is heart gold soul silver ans spirit crystal and there is a 40 percent chance about firey ruby misty sapphire and shimmering emerald the 3 ruby saphire and emerald games for hoenn

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2015
    I highly doubt there will be one because there would have been a Yellow remake already if there was a Crystal remake. And I also think that anything that they had in Crystal that wasn't in Gold/Silver (like Battle Tower) will probobly be in HG/SS. But anyway Spirit Crystal would be the perfect name for the game!!

silvanarrow

A figment of your imagination
    Years
  • silver narrow have you been around in japan!?!?! it is red blue yellow GREEN =firered leaf green and OCEANBLUE crystal gold and silver you are all right it is heart gold soul silver ans spirit crystal and there is a 40 percent chance about firey ruby misty sapphire and shimmering emerald the 3 ruby saphire and emerald games for hoenn

When I listed the games, I was only speaking about the ones released in North America, since I live in the USA. I'm fully aware of Green in Japan. My apologies for the confusion. Also, I have never heard of OceanBlue, Firey Ruby, Misty Sapphire, or Shimmering Emerald, on Serebii or any other credible site.

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
  • Honestly, I can't see them making a remake of Crystal. What would be the difference, anyway? You can already chose the gender you want, and the sprites are animated. Plus they never remade Pokemon Yellow either.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    No Yellow remake = No Crystal remake = No Emerald remake (when R/S comes up for remake time)

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Here is more evidential proof on why a Crystal remake may not come to past. For one, like so many have said before, when FRLG came out, a Yellow or even Blue remake never came to follow. To add onto this idea, HeartGold and SoulSilver has been confirmed to see the Battle Tower in the exact route where it was located in Crystal. So, with this being said, if there were to be a Crystal remake then more than likely the Battle Tower would have at least been kept for Crystal like before instead of probably being placed in the main GSDS games.

Now, even if the possibilities of a Crystal remake are low, I wouldn't count out seeing some Crystal references placed within the game. For instance, besides the Battle Tower we have also seen from the Johto Map the same lodge where Suicune was in Cianwood City I believe it was. Not to mention, if we had Shiny Gold as a ROM, then at least one person out there will take the chance at a Crystal ROM hack.

JustinDestruction

Rockin' Trainer
    Years
  • There was no third remake of Yellow for GBA, so I highly doubt they will remake Crystal. There would seriously be no point, especially when they can simply combine elements of the 'new' stuff in Crystal with HG and SS, therefore eliminating the possibility of a third remake.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    i'm pretty sure that there will be NO crystal remake.. because , IMO the 3rd series remake will only be implemented for the new generation's'.

but it sure will be great IF they really make the remake of crystal.

heart gold , soul silver.
    mind crystal maybe? =p

Wobbuffet

Patient pokemon
    Years
  • i wouldnt get either...yet

We all know how nintendo does this, they did the same with emerald, platinium and myster dungeon sky. in one or 2 months they'll anounce a crystel remake with some epic addition that the other 2 dont have like some exclusive legendary or something like that. Si im going to wait until they bring out that game rather then letting myself be fooled again into buying 2 copies of the nearby exact same game

Years
  • i doubt that they'll remake crystal... they didnt remake yellow. and besides if they make a new game it'll probably be a 5th gen which who knows if they're even goin to make a fifth gen. this is al coming from past experiences. but who knows.... can't wait for the new games to come out.

JustinDestruction

Rockin' Trainer
    Years
  • Yeah, I highly doubt a Crystal remake is in the making. They can simply incorporate Crystal's features into HG/SS. And there was no Yellow remake. So there really is no evidence.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back