• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold & SoulSilver Question and Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora267

Teh Epic Awesomesauce0rz
Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2009
    My notched ear Pichu is no longer notched...any ideas as to what may have happened?

Tochukaso

Grass + Bug
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2009
    hey guys it appears that you can do the 5th, 6th, and 7th gyms in any order you like, which is slightly weired :S. i did pryce and when i did jasmine and chuck they seemed to be better than him :S

humanking

Old School Fan
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2010
    hey guys it appears that you can do the 5th, 6th, and 7th gyms in any order you like, which is slightly weired :S. i did pryce and when i did jasmine and chuck they seemed to be better than him :S

lol pryce is easier than them even if you do it after them, it's weird.

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    any ideas where to headbutt for heracross? i cant find any heracross or proper trees to headbutt that will make me encounter something.

there are a lot of areas where heracross can be found here ill show you them

HeartGold & SoulSilver Question and Answers

usami

biohazard
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Iowa
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    What the hell?
    Why SPP has no location for Herracross? xD
    Anyways the Notched-ear Pichu bug... that's pretty weird... that sprite cannot be changed so easily... did ya look carefully?
    He hasn't added headbutt locations to the Pokedex yet.

"After an afternoon of conversion, with thanks to Eevee for the data, I have added the Wild Pokémon locations to the Pokédex. At the moment this does not include Headbutt Trees, Bug Catching Contest or Safari Zone Pokémon but that will hopefully change soon. In addition to that, there may be an area missing here and there on the shortlist on the Pokémon's main page, but the In-Depth Details section is accurate. Expect Pokéarth to be updated this weekend. Click the picture to go to the Pokédex"

yvette

Heyyyyyyy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    You can find Heracross by headbutting trees. That's how I found mine on HeartGold (but I did it at night).

I found it in the path below Blackthorn... at 9:00 PM or so.

Makorin

Ex-ROM Hacker
    Years
  • anyone know what the answers to get the extremespeed dratini are?

I got the Extremespeed Dratini.

The answers are:
    1. Top OR Bottom
    2. Top OR Middle
    3. Bottom
    4. Top OR Bottom
    5. Middle

They are the same as they were in Crystal.

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2011
    Is the Togepi recieved from the egg guaranteed to be female? I've hatched it 5 times over and it has been such every time, which seems a bit odd on account of it having 12.5% chance of that happening. Or maybe the system's been redone so that a pokemon's gender is decided before it even hatches? If anyone could supply any information, that'd be great.

KingdomBlade

Sora! I choose you!
    Years
  • Me hunting for a fire stone is getting annyoing, that school kid guy is supposed to give you one, right? Are there any other ways to get it before the elite four?

Is this team good? The Slowpoke is a pain to raise right now.

Years
  • Is the Togepi recieved from the egg guaranteed to be female? I've hatched it 5 times over and it has been such every time, which seems a bit odd on account of it having 12.5% chance of that happening. Or maybe the system's been redone so that a pokemon's gender is decided before it even hatches? If anyone could supply any information, that'd be great.
    woah, didn't know the ratio was so bad... you can still get males... just a largely low percent methinks.
    Me hunting for a fire stone is getting annyoing, that school kid guy is supposed to give you one, right? Are there any other ways to get it before the elite four?
    not that i know of.... i got mine after the E4...
    it'd be a good team if they were all evenly leveled... yes... but they're not, so... yeah...

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
  • Is the Togepi recieved from the egg guaranteed to be female? I've hatched it 5 times over and it has been such every time, which seems a bit odd on account of it having 12.5% chance of that happening. Or maybe the system's been redone so that a pokemon's gender is decided before it even hatches? If anyone could supply any information, that'd be great.
    Did you save after you took the Egg? Everything about the Egg is determined as soon as you take it, it's been like that at the very least since Gen 3, probably since Gen 2 but I'm not sure. If you're saving before you take the Egg from the assistant... well you just have super great luck I guess. o_o

Me hunting for a fire stone is getting annyoing, that school kid guy is supposed to give you one, right? Are there any other ways to get it before the elite four?

Lol ingame teams don't really matter that much, so you should really just use what you want. It's pretty balanced though and none of the Pokemon are terrible, so yeah, it's a good team I think.

Years
  • They are evenly leveled! What made you think they aren't?
    well because the slowpoke hasn't evolved yet?
    lol, don't take offense to it.
    although, i've never really had a 'pure' water type, so to speak. i've always gone with something like kabutops, because it's only really weak against grass, and i wouldn't use it against grass anyway. ;)
    also, you'll wanna make sure you teach slowbro/king blizzard or icebeam... for lance... and claire. ;)

KingdomBlade

Sora! I choose you!
    Years
  • That's cause I'm still early in the game. (They're around level 35, hence, Slowpoke hasn't evolved yet the others have)

Stupid useless thing.

Meganium- Mega
    Ampharos - Amphy
    Pidgeotto- Pidge
    Slowpoke- Slowy
    Heracross - Titan
    Vulpix - Flame (I wanted to name it Firefox :( )

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back