• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel Journal

Krizor

Evil Genius
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    • Talked to Kurt and helped him in clearing out the Slowpoke Well of TR.
    • Trained my Zubat up to level 17 so that it could learn Wing Attack to help in my battle against Bugsy.
    • Entered the Azalea Town Gym and Challenged Bugsy.
    • Started the match with Zubat and used Supersonic to confuse his Scyther.
    • After a few Wing Attacks and self inflicted damage from it's confusion, Scyther went down.
    • Totodile defeated both Metapod and Kakuna, earning me the Hive Badge and the U-Turn TM.
    • After the match, I healed at the Pokemon Center, stocked up on repel, and battled my rival, Axel.
    • Trapinch took out his Ghastly, Snover took out his Bayleef, and Totodile took out his Zubat.
    • Entered the Ilex Forest, retrieved the 2 Farfetch'd for the Cutting Master, received the Cut HM, taught it to Totodile, and taught Headbutt to Trapinch.
    • Exited the forest and defeated every trainer on Route 34, resulting in my Totodile evolving into Croconaw. Entered Goldenrod City.
    • Defeated the trainers in the Underground Tunnel, got my Zubat a haircut, took a team picture, and got the Bike from the Bike Shop.
    • Did some extra training before my match with Whitney by defeating the trainers on Route 35, in the the National Park, and the few outside of it.
    • Went to the Radio Tower, won the Radio Card, then went to the Goldenrod City Gym and challenged Whitney.
    • After having to SR the match a few times, I decided to attach the Quick Claw to my Machop because it's speed was the main reason why we couldn't finish her Miltank off. After Trapinch took out her Clefairy, Machop took down Miltank with 2 Low Kicks with the last one going first thanks to the speed boost from Quick Claw.
    • Received the Plain Badge and the Attract TM.
    • Healed at the Pokemon Center and saved.

Badges:

Spoiler:

Halcyon

peace and serenity
    Years
    I nicknamed my Zubat 'Zachary' and grinded it for 7 levels till Level 9 via killing so it can learn Astonish. The power of Leech Life is too dissapointing in my opinion. D; The power should be between Absorb and Mega Drain. ):

Anyway, visited the Ruins of Alph. I was solving the Kabuto puzzle, but after 15 minutes, I accidentally touched a tile and it rotated.

I DIDN'T KNOW THE TILES COULD ROTATE. I FAIL. D;

After dropping to the basement of the ruins and had saved my progress, I restarted the game to get an 'A' unown (I'm quite a perfectionist, lol and I've catch the Unowns in alphabetical order to make the Pokedex 'Form' page' looks nice in Platinum) Well, obviously at this stage, I can't possibly spend all my money to buy Pokeballs to catch all 26 Unowns now. Dx I may be coming back to Ruins of Alph later in the game.

After that, I went back to Violet City and defeated Falkner with Totodile. It was quite an easy battle I would say.

About to hatch a Togepi egg with the help of Magby (through PokeWalker - Ragged Path course), hopefully I didn't get it a neutral nature. I hate having Pokemon with neutral natures.

My Current Team:

Toto, the Totodile, Lv14 ♂
    [Scratch, Water Gun, Rage, Bite]

Zachary, the Zubat, Lv13 ♂
    [Leech Life, Supersonic, Astonish, Bite]

Coincidentally, both my Pokemon learn Bite at Lv13, lolololol!

Last edited:

Krizor

Evil Genius
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    • Left Goldenrod, defeated the Sudowoodo on Route 36 with Croconaw, and arrived in Ecruteak City.
    • Stocked up on items, then entered The Burned Tower and battled my rival.
    • My Zubat took out his Ghastly, then Trapinch lost against his Magnemite due to a Sonicboom attack and self inlicting damage from being confused by it's Supersonic before that. Then I sent out Machop who qucikly defeated it. Croconaw took out his Zubat and Houndoom took out his Bayleef winning me the match.
    • Zubat evolved into Golbat.
    • After Suicune, Entei, and Raikou fled, I headed to the Ecruteak City Gym to challenge Morty.
    • Golbat took out his Ghastly and one of his Haunters. Then I switched to Houndour who took out his Gengar with 2 Bite attacks. His final Pokemon was Haunter, who Croconaw easily defeated. Houndour evolved into Houndoom after the battle and I received the Fog Badge with the Shadowball TM.
    • Entered the Ecruteak Dance Hall and defeated the TR member bothering the Kimono Girl. Recieved the Surf HM and taught it to Croconaw.
    • I then went to Route 42 and got the Strength HM from the Hiker and taught it to Machop since I didn't like the fact that it had nothing but Fighting Type moves.
    • Defeated all the trainers on Route 38 & 39 and arrived in Olivine City. Healed and saved.

Badges:
    Spoiler:

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2013
    Finally breed a shiny Pikachu!

Sapeiro

Random Trainer
    Years
    I'm currently training for the battle with Morty, since I am a little underleveled.

Team:

Thea, Lv. 25
    Timid, Static
    [Tackle, Cotton Spore, Thundershock, Thunder Wave]

Loki, Lv. 21
    Bashful >_>, Flash Fire
    [Bite, Roar, Flame Wheel, Helping Hand]

Therion, Lv. 21
    Gentle -_-'', Poison Point
    [Shadow Claw, Peck, Focus Energy, Double Kick]

Cotton, Lv. 21
    Naive .-., Chlorophyll
    [U-Turn, Bullet Seed, Synthesis, Sleep Powder]

Nox, Lv. 9
    Careful (YEAH!), Adaptability
    [Tackle, Growl, Helping Hand, Sand Attack]

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    Last night, I finally defeated the Elite Four. Lance was easy with my trained Level 50 Feraligatr >:]
    Been going around challenging the Kanto Gym Leaders. So far, I've defeated Lt. Surge (easy), Sabrina (challenging), Erika (easy) and Janine (easy). Have no clue what I will do next but I do want to train up my Mew. :3

The Team:
    Meganium Level 52
    Giga Drain - Body Slam - Magical Leaf - Frenzy Plant

Ampharos Level 52
    ThunderPunch - Signal Beam - Discharge - Thunder Wave

Pupitar Level 54 [10 EXP from evolving :D]
    Crunch - Stone Edge - Earthquake - Dig

Typhlosion Level 53
    Blast Burn - Shadow Claw - Extrasensory - Flamethrower

Feraligatr Level 53
    Crunch - Ice Punch - Blizzard - Waterfall

Scizor Level 54
    X-Scissor - Wing Attack - Strength (why?...) - Iron Head

Krizor

Evil Genius
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    • Went to the Olivine Lighthouse, defeated all the trainers inside, and talked to Jasmine about getting the medicine for Ampharos.
    • Surfed to Cianwood and along the way both Golbat and Machop evolved.
    • Arrived in Cianwood, immediately evolved Machoke into Machamp, took a team photo, and battled Eusine.
    • He sent out Drowzee and I sent out Houndoom. He then returned his Drowzee and sent out Electrode who Houndoom defeated. I kept Houndoom in and he defeated his Haunter. Then I switched to Trapinch to take out his Drowzee.
    • After the match, I healed at the Pokemon Center, got the medicine for Ampharos, and entered the Cianwood Gym to challenge Chuck.
    • I started the match with Crobat who easily took out his Primeape and put his Poliwrath's health in the red before fainting, mainly due to me not having any Potions to heal it with. But I sent in Machamp who took it down with a single Karate Chop, winning me the Storm Badge and the Dynamic Punch TM.
    • Got the Fly HM, taught it to Crobat, then flew back to Olivine and gave Jasmine the medicine to cure Ampharos.
    • After that, I entered the Olivine City Gym and challenged Jasmine.
    • Trapinch took out both of her Magnemite and Croconaw defeated her Steelix, earning me the Mineral Badge and the Iron Tail TM.

Badges:
    Spoiler:

Halcyon

peace and serenity
    Years
    The egg hatched and it's a Togepi with a Brave nature. Phew!

I went back to Dark Cave as I have a feeling that there's a rock or two to Rock Smash with. Surprisingly, I smashed one and a Lv 4 Female Dunsparce appeared! Oh my lanta, it was so cute! I nicknamed her as 'Diana'. If she were a better battler and had a better typing, I wouldn't have ditched abandoned left her in the PC box. XD

I proceeded the route down Violet Town. I fought with all the trainers in the fishermen except the fishermen. Yes, the fishermen. They are skipped for a future member in my party. I won't reveal that Pokemon yet! ;D

I travelled Union Cave and here I am, at Azalea Town!

My Current Team:

Toto, the Totodile, Lv17 ♂
    [Water Gun, Rage, Bite, Scary Face]

Zachary, the Zubat, Lv14 ♂
    [Leech Life, Supersonic, Astonish, Bite]

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2011
    Right now i'm learning to RNG abuse. Catching Snorlax to find my delay etc >.< Boring, but I think it will be worth it as I love flawless Pokémon xD.

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
    Years
    Right now i'm learning to RNG abuse. Catching Snorlax to find my delay etc >.< Boring, but I think it will be worth it as I love flawless Pokémon xD.

Good luck on that :D
    Thought I don't have the right knack of it, if you ever need help, I can help you. (Credits to some smogon people, and Diabolico :))

Just got my first ever RNG Breeding Project.
    A Shiny Timid Female Gastly with Near Perfect IV's. (Too late for Halloween D:)

Halcyon

peace and serenity
    Years
    I was bored, so I decided to help Kurt treat his backache. Oh, there's no such thing in the plot? Ah...oh well. So, I fell into Slowpoke Well (hey, it rhymes), but I didn't get hurt because my butt is super strong. >=D

I cleared all the Team Rocket wannabes and battled Proto. Toto managed to wet Zubat with Water Gun. And his Koffing was an ease with Zachary around, due to him not able to use Poison Gas on Zachary. After the battle, Toto evolved into a Croconaw! I have the urge to change his nickname now... :<

I visited the Azalea Town Gym, and Zachary managed to learn Wing Attack just before the gym battle. How lucky! I swept his whole team and earned the Hive Badge.

After chasing Farfetch'ds and guiding a Kimono Girl out of Ilex Forest (it was more of Toto's helping her, not me), I finally have access to the coveted Headbutt!

I went back to Azalea Town and headbutted the trees there. I tried the trees around town, and finally found a Level 4 male Heracross. He was easy to catch with the assistance of a Net Ball. I gave him the nickname 'Harry'.

Next, I travelled Union Cave and back to Route 32 to headbutt trees again. After some Hoothoots, I caught a Level 7 Exeggcute and named him 'Edmund'. I can train him via the fishermen I skipped which I mentioned before. ^_^

My Current Team:

Toto, the Croconaw, Lv19 ♂ (Torrent, Shell Bell)
    [Water Gun, Rage, Bite, Scary Face]

Zachary, the Zubat, Lv18 ♂ (Inner Focus, Oran Berry)
    [Supersonic, Astonish, Bite, Wing Attack]

Edward, the Exeggcute, Lv7 ♀ (Chlorophyll, N/A)
    [Barrage, Uproar, Hypnosis, Reflect]

Harry, the Heracross Lv7 ♂ (Swarm, N/A)
    [Tackle, Leer, Horn Attack, Endure]

Krizor

Evil Genius
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    • Flew back to Cianwood to go to the Safari Zone and do Boaba's challenge.
    • After that, I flew around to various parts of Johto to get all the items and battle all the trainers I couldn't reach before. Croconaw evolved into Feraligatr.
    • Traveled to Mahogany Town, went to the Lake of Rage, and defeated the Red Gyrados instead of capturing it because I don't need it.
    • Helped Lance clear out TR from within the Rocket Hideout and received the Whirpool HM.
    • After that, I entered the Mahogany Town Gym and challenged Pryce.
    • Snover defeated his Seel, Feraligatr defeated his Piloswine, and Machamp took out his Dewgong. I recieved the Glacier Badge and the Hail TM.
    • Got the call from Prof. Elm about TR in Goldenrod. Flew there and saved.

Badges:

Spoiler:

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
    Years
    Oops. I was looking at the WTF Moment Thread and by mistake, I posted it here.

What I was going to post on this thread.

Tried Battle Factory for the first time, chose a Slowbro, Porygon2 and a Yanmega.

Won 1st round with Porygon2 sweeping the opponents using Charge Beam and Thunderwave.

Won 2nd round with Slowbro's Calm Mind + Psychic Combo.
    Won 3rd round with Slowbro beat Abomasnow; Porygon2's Charge Beam 2HKO'ed Wailord; also OHKO'ed Sharpedo.
    Round 4. Lost. D:

Krizor

Evil Genius
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    • Cleared TR out of Goldenrod and Trapinch evolved into Vibrava during the process. I defeated my rival Axel as well.
    • I got the second call from Boaba and went to the Safari Zone to complete the Sandshrew challenge.
    • Flew back to Mahogany Town and made my way through the Ice Path.
    • Arrived in Blackthorn City and traversed through all of Route 45 and the Dark Cave.
    • After all that, I trained up my entire team to level 40. Snover evolved into Abomasnow.
    • Now it was time to take on Clair in the Blackthorn City Gym.
    • Started off with Crobat against her Gyarados and it took it down with a mix of confusion and poison provided by Confuse Ray and Poison Fang. I then sent out Vibrava to battle one of her Dragonair, but it was defeated. Feraligatr then came in and defeated both Dragonairs. Sent out Crobat again and it confused and poisoned her Kingdra before fainting. Then Machamp finished it off with a Cross Chop, winning me the battle, but not the badge.
    • I then entered the Dragon's Den and passed the Elder's test. Clair then gave me the Rising Badge and the Dragon Pulse TM.
    • Exited the Dragon's Den, got the call from Prof. Elm to come back to Newbark Town, and decided to leave the Dratini there since I didn't really need it.

Badges:
    Spoiler:

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
    Years
    Breeding anything I could find in my box with a Ditto. Had to breed a lot of Snorlax Eggs just to get a female one so I could breed it with a Slowpoke with Curse.

Sapeiro

Random Trainer
    Years
    Didn't quite like my team, so I started over my Heart Gold.

Currently have a female Cyndaquil named Cindy, and I'm about to kick Falkner's ass.

Halcyon

peace and serenity
    Years
    I've been training Edward in Route 32 and Harry in the PokeWalker till they're both Lv10.

After that, I made my way through Ilex Forest, placed Edward and Harry in the Day Care and arrived at Goldenrod City. I had to spend most of the time cycling around Goldenrod City to allow them to gain experience whilst putting them in the Day Care Centre. The bike was quite fast though. I took them back when they both reached Lv17.

I went down to Goldenrod Tunnel and Zachary had a haircut. He's gotten the older one to cut for him too!

I visited the Goldenrod Gym soon after with my newly raised Harry. After three battles, it finally learned Brick Break which made my battle with Whitney easy. Her Clefairy was not a problem, I was lucky that her Cute Charm didn't get activated after chopping her off with Brick Break. Her Miltank, however, managed to infatuate Harry, but that wasn't much of a problem with 2 Brick Breaks. After the battle, Whitney starts to cry and I stood there watching her till she stopped crying. She finally gave up after a while and presented me with a Plain Badge!

I then participated in the Bug Catching Contest and won by capturing a Lv15 Beedrill at full health! I was awarded with a Sun Stone, which I doubt it has much use as of now.

Oh yes, I renicknamed Toto and Edward into Francesco and Elly respectively. They sound much better now.

I am now at the Pokéalthon Dome trying to get a Leaf Stone for Elly. It is quite fun and addicting, I would say.

My Current Team:

Francesco, the Croconaw, Lv23 ♂ (Torrent, N/A)
    [Water Gun, Rage, Bite, Ice Fang]

Zachary, the Zubat, Lv21 ♂ (Inner Focus, N/A)
    [Astonish, Bite, Wing Attack, Confuse Ray]

Harry, the Heracross Lv20 ♂ (Swarm, Shell Bell)
    [Horn Attack, Endure, Aerial Ace, Brick Break]

Elly, the Exeggcute, Lv20 ♀ (Chlorophyll, Miracle Seed)
    [Uproar, Leech Seed, Stun Spore, Giga Drain]

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    Took on the elite 4 with just my Lv. 86 Typhlosion, got up to lance before getting murdered by a thunderwave/waterfall Gyrados combo :( but now my Typhlosion's lv. 90! :D Hoping to teach it thunderpunch so were prepared next time...

Krizor

Evil Genius
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    • Flew back to New Bark Town and talked to Prof. Elm about the Kimono Girls.
    • Flew to Ecruteak and defeated all of them.
    • Flew to Cianwood and explored the Whirl Islands.
    • Made it to Lugia and defeated it instead of capturing it because I didn't need one.
    • After the event, I decided to explore Mt. Mortar before heading to the League. Obtained all the items and defeated all the trainers inside.
    • Defeated the Karate King and left Tyrogue with him because I didn't need it. Vibarava evolved into Flygon.
    • Flew back to New Bark and surfed to Route 27.
    • Went through Tohjo Falls and defeated every trainer on Route 27 & 26. Entered Victory Road and battled my Rival.
    • Feraligatr defeated his Sneasel and Golbat, Machamp defeated his Magneton, Houndoom defeated his Kadabra and Haunter, and Abomasnow finished the match with a Blizzard attack that took out his Meganium.
    • Healed inside the Pokemon League Building and decided to train my team up to level 50 in Victory Road before my challenge.
    • After training, I healed, stocked up on supplies, and started my Pokemon League Challenge.

• Challenged Will. Started with Feraligatr, who took out his Xatu with a Blackglasses enhanced Crunch attack. He then sent out his Jynx, who was made quick work of by Houndoom's Flamethrower. Next up was his Slowbro, who Abomasnow took down easily with Wood Hammer. I then switched in Feraligatr, who took out his second Xatu like he did the first. His final Pokemon was Exeggutor, who didn't stand a chance against Houndooms Flamethrower. Won the match and moved on to the next room.

• Challenged Koga. Started with Houndoom and easily took out his Ariados and Forretress with Flamethrower. He then sent in his Crobat who I countered with Feraligatr and took down with a mix of Waterfall and Ice Fang. Sent in Flygon to KO his Muk with a super-effective Earthquake attack. Defeated his last Pokemon, Venomoth, with a Flamethrower courtesy of Houndoom. Won the match and moved on to the next room.

• Challenged Bruno. I opened the match with Crobat, who easily defeated his Hitmontop. Sent in Abomasnow next to take care of his Onix. Crobat then cleaned up the match by taking out his Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, and Machamp with his Fly attack. Won the match and moved on to the next room.

• Challenged Karen. Machamp earned the first win of the match with a super-effective Cross Chop that took out her Umbreon instantly. I then sent in Feraligatr, who quickly defeated her Murkrow with Ice Fang and her Houndoom with Waterfall. Crobat then entered the match and left with a win against her Vileplume. Her final Pokemon was Gengar, who Houndoom defeated with a single Dark Pulse attack. Won the match and moved on to the next and final room.

• Challenged Champion Lance. Since I had no super-effective moves against his Gyarados, I decided to use the same strategy I did against Clair's by Poisoning and Confusing it with Crobat. Crobat did it's job, but was then defeated. I then sent in Machamp to finish it off, but then he switched to Aerodactyl. I foolishly kept in Machamp thinking he could take it, but he was quickly defeated by it's Aerial Ace attack. Feraligatr then came in and revenged killed it with Waterfall.

Next up was one of his level 49 Dragonites. Since Flygon hadn't seen much action, I took a chance and sent him out against it. His Dragon Claw attack brought it's life down a little below half, Dragonite used Dragon Rush and missed, then Flygon finished it off with a second Dragon Claw attack. Feeling lucky, I kept him in to battle his second level 49 Dragonite. He only landed 1 Dragon Claw attack before being taken down by Dragonite's Dragon Rush. But it wasn't in vain, since it allowed Feraligatr to come in and take it down with a single Dragon Claw attack of his own. Which was enhanced by the Dragon Fang I equipped to him before the match.

He then sent in his final Dragonite who was level 50. I kept in Feraligatr, and to my surprise, he was faster than Lance's Dragonite and landed his Dragon Claw attack first. Dragonite then used Outrage, which did considerable damage to Feraligatr, bringing him down to half his health. But then Feraligatr took it down with a final Dragon Claw. He then sent back out his Gyarados, who was already badly beaten from earlier. So I sent out Abomosnow to wall it's attacks so that I could heal Feraligatr up to fight his Charizard. He then healed his Gyarados with a Full Restore, curing it of it's Poison. I decided to keep in Abomasnow in to see if it could do anything against it, and surprisingly, it took it down with only 2 Blizzard attacks (I should have used him earlier).

He then sent out his final Pokemon, Charizard, who was easily defeated by my rejuvenated Feraligatr. Won the match and became the Pokemon League Champion!
    • Next up, Kanto!

Badges:

Spoiler:

Sapeiro

Random Trainer
    Years
    @Krizor: I'm so stealing that post formatting xD.

• Caught Falco, the Jolly Pidgey.
    • Cindy evolved into Quilava.
    • Went through Union Cave, while grinding the new team member.
    • Cindy single-handedly kicked the Rockets out of Slowpoke Well, without needing to heal even once.
    • Commissioned a couple of Heavy Balls from Kurt.
    • Challenged Azalea Gym with Falco.
    • The Jolly nature, and Gust being Special, made it a little tougher, but nothing hard.
    • Falco evolved into Pidgeotto.
    • Went through Ilex Forest.
    • Arrived at Goldenrod City, skipping every trainer along the way.
    • Went straight to the National Park, again, skipping trainers.
    • Caught Felicia, the Quirky Pinsir, netting me the third place (a little low, considering she was a little over half HP).
    • Ground Felicia with the skipped trainers, getting her to level 20.
    • Challenged the Gym, Felicia grew to level 21 (thus learning Brick Break), just before Whitney.
    • Now, with Brick Break, Whitney was a walk in the park. Felicia OHKO'd Clefairy, and 2HKO'd Miltank, with a Stomp flinch in the middle, but no serious threat.
    • Caught Sudowoodo, boxed immediately.
    • Met Bill, got an Eevee (still thinking a name), and his phone number.
    • Now looking for a Ditto, to breed said Eevee with.

Badge Case

Current Team
    Spoiler:

Back