• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel Journal

Star Girl

Dragon Obsessed
    Years
    Long post ahead the last two days have been my most productive in a long time.

Called it quits grinding after everyone got to level 33. I have also started leaving my Starie and Damien in the Daycare because a) they won't reproduce and b) it takes them the longest to level up. When training I pull them out to make sure that they either learn or don't learn a move but other than that when I'm grinding they are in the Daycare.

Beat Chuck, his Poliwrath gave me more difficulty then I expected. Managed to knock out two members of my team, put another to sleep (Alex my Ampharos) and nearly knock another out. But I eventually prevailed. To give Nintendo credit I don't remember the gym leaders giving me such a problem before, which maybe the reason why I am overly grinding for the matchup with Pryce.

Dropped Cinders in the PC and pulled the Fearrow (named First in memory of my ridiculous attempt at a young age to play through Yellow with nothing but a Fearrow) I had caught outside of the Safari Zone out taught it fly and returned to Olivine. Dropped First back in the PC and pulled out Cinders for the battle with Jasmine. Compared to the last two gym leaders this one was a walk in the park. Cinders was able to do one hit KOs on all three of them even though he was on even levels with the Steelix.

Biked back to Eukatreak and headed east for Mahogany. Cut through Mt. Mortar and was really surprised at the levels there. Thought they would be higher considering the point in the game. After managing to get through Mt. Mortar but missed the guy with the Tyrogue (plan to go back later, not high priority right now) I ended up backtracking while trying to find a way to a Pokeball I saw. Instead ran into Suicune and Eusine and then officially entered Mahogany. Dropped by the Pokecenter to heal quickly before heading north for Lake Rage.

Managed to get to Lake Rage fairly easily. Stopped to battle the various trainers along the way and ended up at the wrong area at one point. Went out and after two resets (accidentally caused it to faint once and the second time it refused to stay in the Pokeball and I ran out of Ultra Balls) managed to catch my first Shiny (fainted the one in Silver, didn't know its rarity).

Ran into Lance upon returning to the shore. Talked to him agreed to meet at the entrance to the hideout. Made a quick trip to the Pokecenter and headed to said building. He complains about me taking too long and then we go in. The Team Rocket sweep was surprisingly easy and I enjoyed the double battle. Actually switched out Umbi my Umbreon who I had been training for Damien because I wanted to have a double dragon battle. The fight was an easy one and Damien got out of it mostly unscathed, while Lance's dragonite was unscratched. Took out the Electrodes and bid farewell.

While working on getting Damien to level 37 before dropping it off at the Daycare I got a surprise. I don't have much luck encountering the roaming legendaries in fact in most games I only encounter them once. This game however has a total of two. Once was Raikou outside of Olivine City who just happened to be in the same area I noticed while marking the map. I was running around in the grassy area trying to encounter random Pokemon not paying all that much attention to my DS wasn't paying too much attention since I was watching a movie. However when I glance down low and behold their was an Entei on my screen. To say I was surprised would be putting it mildly.

After dropping Damien and Starie back off at the Daycare with intentions to get everyone to level 40 before taking on Pryce. Why? Because it will cut down on grinding time for Claire and thus forward.

loliwin

→ Level 69
    Years
    Just beat Red in my HG game :)

I pwned all of his Pokemon, including his Pikachu with a Lv 100 Mewtwo I got from trading. I couldn't bother grinding. :laughs:

Now i've completely finished both HG and SS. I play a lot.

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    Yay! My heart gold just arrived in the mail today!
    Anyway, heres what's happened so far:

I turned the game on a went crazy over it (and the fact that the rival kicked me, I always loved that). Got Cyndaquil as my starter and named him Blaize. Went to mr pokemon's place and got the egg and pokedex. Went back to elms lab and battled the rival and did all that stuff. Traded two eggs over from diamond.
    Houndour hatched! Named her Alpha. Put her in my pokewalker.
    Eevee hatched! Named him Pyro. Later put him in the pokewalker.
    Trained my pokemon. Got a fire stone from my diamond and evolved Pyro. Went and beat that tower in violet. Beat faulkner. Hatched that togepi egg and stuffed it in my pc. Did more training and soon to get my 2nd gym badge.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    Been preparing myself for the "Baby Challenge". So far, I have the eggs for Azurill and Magby. Elekid needs to be traded onto my Platinum file so I can restart HeartGold. Tyrogue and Smoochum eggs are on their way, and I'm just going to use the Togepi one you get in game. :D

Meanwhile, in the actual game, I'm grinding my team to Level 30 so I can have a few fun Wi-Fi Battles before sending my main team off to my Platinum to help with the Pokedex. XD Used Growlithe in the Bug-Catching Contest, and got some Berries for getting in third place with a Level 13 Scyther which is now resting in my box. Trying to find a Ditto for breeding purposes later on.

The Team:

Croconaw Level 28
    Surf | Bite | Shadow Claw | Ice Fang

Pidgeotto Level 27
    Twister | Roost | Gust | Quick Attack

Flaaffy Level 28
    Tackle | Cotton Spore | ThunderShock | Thunder Wave

Dratini Level 27
    Slam | Thunder Wave | Twister | Dragon Rage

Sableye Level 27
    Fake Out | Scratch | Shadow Ball | Night Shade

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    Ah, what a day it's been here!

Started with the tiniest bit of grinding - getting my whole team up to at least Lv. 35. That soon changed as I took on Pryce, who was stupidly easy. My Ampharos, Starrie, took down both his Seel and Dewgong with ease, and Vulpix managed the Piloswine on her own. I suppose it helps when you're a higher level and a type advantage over them, but still, simple! So by this point, Vully and Starrie made it to Lv. 36, and I decided to work on Pidgeotto next, as I wanted Pidge to be a Pidgeot.

I exit the gym, and who should call? No, not Joey and his 'top-percentage' Ratatta, but Prof. Elm, informing me of strange radio shows. I tune into the radio, and what should I hear but the dulcet tones of none other than Team Rocket! I take the hint and head to Goldenrod.

This has to be the best part of the game - dressing up as a Team Rocket member and talking to everyone in Goldenrod. Half of them were scared, half of them disappointed that I've "thrown my life away at such a young age". Seriously, Nintendo, the next thing that needs doing is an option to actually join. Please? ~♪

I headed to the tower, and of course, Silver blew my cover. >:(

Battled my way through, and my gorgeous Pidgeotto evolved into a majestic Pidgeot! Oh, the sheen on those feathers! The smoothness of that plume! The shininess of that beak! Regardless of time, the wind that encompasses this body will never waver! The great bird that swoops upon the gale, the Pokemon Pidgeot - Pidge!
    *dances into oblivion*

Ahem. So I battled my way through, taking on all the grunts and scientists, those couple of burglers in the basement, and then all the Executives, right up to Archer, who took his defeat pretty poorly - I mean, he got beaten once and decided to disband as a result? What? I thought you were in Team Rocket? Why not just accept this defeat and keep stealing and taking advantage of money and such, still!?

Idiot.

And during this, I played host to Silver's legendary line, "Hey, hey, why so serious?"
    I laughed so loud my family gave me wierd looks.

My entire team is now at level 38. I'd like to be closer to 40 when arriving at Blackthorn, so a-training I shall go!

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2011
    hey yor right were i am im now at the under ground part and my team is
    typhlosion lv 37
    amaphros lv35
    noctowl lv35
    gyrados lv36

im gona have a miltank or heracross as the next member of my party and then extreme speed dritini unless you ciuld help me with two new team members and dont say gengar

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    I finally did some training up so most of the mons are 36 to 38 ish, only Daphne who was sharing totaros training is at 32. (but was level 23 or so when started to share it.

I am also just working on my tenth medal wearer aka the tenth pokémon who has a medal in every pokethlon. and also( yesterday) I updated my snow shoot score to an mind buzzling 83.(which gave me a handy 200 points)

Before I forget, I have let two Pikachus of mine a bit fun at the day care, and gish they seems to have quite some fun going on seeing that I received one egg after the other from them. I am now owner of 9 buzzling little Pichus and also prepared to give them into good hands if prepared.

After the Pokeathlon I will teain some more in order to beat the dragon lady and to gain access to the dragons cave, :)

Last edited:
    Years
    Still grinding in Kanto, my team will be Lv.75 + before I even attempt Red.
    Gyarados went up 8 levels today from rematching Blaine so much XD
    I'll probably chnage the clock to rematch the right gym leaders, since I have to wait until Sunday to train Crobat vs. Erika =/
    Also, I caught Ho-oh and Suicune.

Team atm:
    Typhlosion Lv.66
    Crobat Lv.58
    Victreebel Lv.59
    Gyarados Lv.67
    Lickilicky Lv.58

Edit: Also forgot to add I got the Silver Print in the Battle Factory. I got quite lucky with team selection, I had a powerful Salamence, a Dragon Dance Lapras and... something else which i forgot. I will remember since I saved the video.

Last edited:
    Years
    In SoulSilver:

I think I'll go ahead and have Pupitar in my team and train it in battles and with wild Pokemon. I also got the GB Sounds item from the music director in Celadon City.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    Defeated Clair thanks to my Ampharos and Feraligatr.
    Currently in the Dragon's den, after I get the extremspeed Dratini, I'll battle the Kimono girls and catch Lugia.

Current Team
    Feraligatr lv.41
    Furret lv.36
    Noctowl lv.36
    Arbok lv.37
    Ampharos lv.38
    Hypno lv.36

Aero Blitz

Faster Than Sceptile
    Years
    Just defeated Red with my amazing team.

Toto, the lv74 Feraligatr
    Draco, the lv76 Dragonite
    Sparky, the lv76 Raichu
    Beirifu, the lv67 Meganium
    Tyranitar lv71
    Charizard lv75

The first three did most of the work.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I just arrived in the beautiful yet large Goldenrod city.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    Recently I sent my Red Gyrados back from another cartridge, all EV trained and ready to go. I'm at Victory Road, and I'm just training the Gyrados in the first part of it, because it could still use some more levels.

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2010
    i got to goldenrod city. traded over a japanese ditto for later usage. and i caught some pokemon.

my team is

Swablu Lv19 Male
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Pluck
    - Roost
    - Sing

Grovyle Lv19 Male
    - Giga Drain
    - Cut
    - Quick Attack
    - Pursuit

Cranidos Lv19 Male
    - Take Down
    - Headbutt
    - Pursuit
    - Leer

Elekid Lv19 Male
    - Shock Wave
    - Swift
    - Low Kick
    - Light Screen

Horsea Lv19 Male
    - Ice Beam
    - Dragon Pulse
    - BubbleBeam
    - SmokeScreen

im infront of whitney

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2011
    So. This brings my team to this:
    -Ampharos lvl. 32
    -Gyarados lvl. 33
    -Magmar lvl. 31
    -Graveler lvl. 29
    -Machoke lvl. 30
    -Bayleef lvl. 29
    (Got some of my boys' levels wrong. Apparently I'm not as good a trainer as I thought ;_;)

I never bothered to pick up an Abra, which is a decision that is coming back to bite me, cause I'm terrible against poison types. Also, Bayleef knows only grass-type damaging moves. I need to sort this mess out. Bah, I remember back in gen II all you needed was Alakazam with the three elemental punches and psychic and a Curselax and you were an unstoppable force.

Last edited:

chikorita125

^ ment to be Happy Azumarill
    Years
    i am beating team rocket in the underground basement in goldenrod city.

my team is:

Azumarill Lv 34
    Magmar Lv 30
    Jigglypuff Lv 29
    Meganium Lv 39
    Pidgeotto Lv 32

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
    Caught Suicune earlier today and just caught Entei, after Blocking it with the Snorlax from Diglett's Cave. Finally got my whole team to level 50, with my starter at 55. Walked around in my new area "Beyond the Sea" with my Xatu, "Seri". Got a Pomeg berry which I will cultivate for EV training.

Back