• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold Team Help!

Pika-power

Jesus of Suburbia
Years
  • Grass

How bout Roserade for the Grass type?
    It can learn decent moves and has good stats.
    You can trade it over from D/P.

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
    Years
  • I personally used Flareon as my fire-type ingame. It's quite good if you know how to use it, contrary to what others say.

But if you want to go with a grass-type, I'd recommend Sunflora as it can be found quite early on as a Sunkern and is extremely easy to evolve thanks to the Bug Catching Contest. It also has a good moveset. (Grasswhistle and Ingrain obtainable at such low levels? Now that's OP!)

And I don't really know what to recommend for a poison-type, but an easy one would be Butterfree. It learns some status inflicting moves, but not many good attack moves. (although it can learn some via TMs if you don't mind doing that)

LouBeatYou

Go Kibago, Go!
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2012
    I vote Magmar/ Magmortar depending on if you can trade or not. Has amazing sp. attack and you can get Magmar pretty early in the game. They also have Flame Body, which helps because ima breeder:)

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • Arcanine is a pretty decent fire type.
    HGSS doesn't really have many Good grass types, so any you can get your hands on would probably work.
    Poison.... You've got Crobat, Beedrill (which isn't to bad in Gen IV and up.), Gengar, Tentacruel (if you don't already have a water type), Venomoth.... that's all I can think of.

Or you could go for Victreebell and get grass and poison in one shot.

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    For Fire I recommend Arcanine as well, it has great stats and a very decent movepool.

For Grass I recommend Roserade or Celebi. You can get Celebi from the current Gamestop event and it isn't Uber so if you are worried about that you shouldn't be. I just got one myself and it is really strong. Roserade is also a great option.

For Poison I recommend Muk, it has nice defense and can learn EQ. Roserade also has a poison typing.

Hope I helped at least a little bit.

Ghostrk9

learning new information!
    Years
  • wow a fire type? for hg? so easy!

arcanine!

flamethrower/fire fang(whateva stat is significantly better)
    thunder fang
    crunch
    extre speed

roserade is good for both grass and poison type with

grasswhistle
    sludge bomb
    grass knot
    toxic
    thats the best of roserade that i can think of

hope i helped!

Back