• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello all-A message from Big Rudy

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2011
    Hey, I thought I should post here seeing as I'm new, I'm not exactly new to competitive pokemon, though I probably am not up to speed on what's going on in the metagame and whatnot since I haven't played since like 8th or 9th grade. I recently made a competitive team on paper because I'm ordering a new DS (my old one broke), and I'm hoping to have it up and running on my old Diamond version soon. So...yeah, hey!

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
    I haven't played pokemon competitively myself lately too. Maybe I'll get back at the 5th gen! Though, it's already begun, and I'm not exactly caught up to speed on that too. Haven't played since the 12th grade in fact! ^.^; Curse my laziness...oh but you know -- one thing I didn't like about the old 4th gen metagame was the Garchomp. Like, seeing a Garchomp is a Downer. A MAJOR downer. Well, anyway, if you want to get back in the metagame and see what's going on there and what not, there's the Pokemon Stradegies and Movesets board for ya~ its right here: [ https://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197 ] Or, if you battle pokemon via wifi, you could check out the Battle Stadium here: [ https://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=160 ] More specifically, there's the Quick battle thread there, juuuust in case you want a quick battle. When you get your DS that is! Sorry you're old one got broken BTW. =( Happened to me the last 3 times. ;3;

But yeah! Welcome! I hope you'll enjoy yourself during your activity in these forums; you can ask for help from a staff member if you have any questions, and feel free to maybe leave me a VM or PM!

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    I remember when I was into competitive battling, and stuff was happening. People would always complain (not here though :P) that certain Pokemon were way too overpowered and would be pushed through the higher tiers because people couldn't beat it. So people would be complaining about Salamence because someone couldn't beat it. XD; It was dumb, but oh well. Welcome to the community.

As Miss Doronjofox has said, we do have our own Strategies and Movesets section, which is where you can learn about competitive battling and such, which is good. I'm pretty sure we still have tutoring going on which can be helpful if you need it, although I'm still unsure on whether tutoring is still open or not though. Maybe I should get my facts straight before telling you this. XD; Also, I bet you didn't know this, but we have our very own Pokemon Online server! It's pretty much the place where people go nowadays to talk and have simulated battles with other people on the server. You can also learn your stuff there and make a new team if you wanted to. We also run the 5th generation metagame there so if you ever want to learn it, just head over there and you'll learn it or something like that. XD; Information about the Pokemon Online server can be found here. You might/probably/will find it good and a nice place to learn the newest metagame. :D

Rules is something I pretty much tell everyone to read, so I'd advise you to go read them so you know what you can and can't do around these parts, and just ask me or someone else for help if you ever need it. Have a great time here. :D

Back