• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello, I'm an experienced spriter and new ROM hacker

Art Murder

Demi
    Years
    Hello everyone. =3

I am new to this site, though not to pokemon(My grandpa bought blue version for me within the first week it was released when I was a child, been hooked ever sense) Nor to spriting. (I got started on YuGiOh Card Maker, I use to be big into yugioh, and discovered a good portion of the site sprited pokemon (at least them)

Sense then I have gotten a LOT better, as that was some 3-4 years ago.

I have just now looked into ROM hacking, and I am making good head way. I am experienced with game creation softwear and The Elder Scrolls Construction Set for Oblivion, so I believe I will get the hang of it fast.

Me and my girlfriend are looking to work together to make a ROM Hack of Sapphire version.

Here is some samples of my sprite work. [EDIT] never midn, it won't let me post them till I have made 15 posts....

I guess talk to me so I can post 15 times?

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
    Your username just made me picture one of my Art projects I'm working on now for my GCSEs with a knife right it the centre of the woman's eye. Rather freaky, actually. XDD

Well, anyway, welcome to PokeCommunity! I see you are going to be one of those members in the ROM hacking section and Graphics & Photographics sprinting section, you'll have a good old time there. I'm not a spriter or a hacker, but yes, if you wish to talk about it or another subject gimme a shout, I'm here. Read the rules and fun!

Art Murder

Demi
    Years
    Eivana: Hello! And the best way to learn is to open MSPaint and start 'splicing' sprites together. xD That's about all I could teach.

And I have recently left one of my favorite forum sites, so having people to talk to on this site will be good. xD

Cold Fusion: I've gotten a lot of odd statements on my username (I use it on everything) but that is a new one. xD

And yes, I will, but I play SS and Platinum, read the manga, and am generally obssesd with pokemon, so I will be all over the site. xD

GaXeL

Feraligatr Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2012
    Hello!
    im sure you can find a game you can sprite for. So... ya welcome to PC xD

redsaber5859

Banned
    Years
    Hello everyone. =3

I am new to this site, though not to pokemon(My grandpa bought blue version for me within the first week it was released when I was a child, been hooked ever sense) Nor to spriting. (I got started on YuGiOh Card Maker, I use to be big into yugioh, and discovered a good portion of the site sprited pokemon (at least them)

Sense then I have gotten a LOT better, as that was some 3-4 years ago.

I have just now looked into ROM hacking, and I am making good head way. I am experienced with game creation softwear and The Elder Scrolls Construction Set for Oblivion, so I believe I will get the hang of it fast.

Me and my girlfriend are looking to work together to make a ROM Hack of Sapphire version.

Here is some samples of my sprite work. [EDIT] never midn, it won't let me post them till I have made 15 posts....

I guess talk to me so I can post 15 times?
    Hi! welcome!

For ROM Hacking, I'll be honered if you can hack Sapphire, but for your first one try something easier, like Ruby or Firered! Sapphire is more advanced, and there isn't much data on the structure...

Regardless, welcome to PokéCommunity!

Art Murder

Demi
    Years
    redsaber: I didn't know sapphire was more advanced then ruby. Sapphire was my favorite version of pokemon(logged over 600 hours into mine), that's why I picked it over ruby. xD

Eivana: I've uploaded a few videos to youtube, all of them have to do with music xD

Last edited by a moderator:

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
    Hello! My name is Eivana, and I have been here for quite a while. I am not an experienced spriter, I can not sprite at all. Maybe you can teach me or give me some tips sometime.
    But I am a chatty soul, and if you want I will talk to you. Also, you can leave me a message on my profile and we'll talk. Everyone is really awesome here, so there is nothing to worry about.

Hope to see you more. =)

Eivana: Hello! And the best way to learn is to open MSPaint and start 'splicing' sprites together. xD That's about all I could teach.

And I have recently left one of my favorite forum sites, so having people to talk to on this site will be good. xD

Okay, well thank you. I used to actually try it because a good friend of mine used to make Lurfle characters. They were cool as hell, I loved them. And he was an excellent spriter. But I just never really got the nack for it. I picked up YouTube video-ing, I enjoyed making AMV's, n00bish as that sounds. Hahaha!

Well, we'll definitely chat. It'll be a blast, buddy.

Eivana: I've uploaded a few videos to youtube, all of them have to do with music xD

I absolutely adore YouTube. I was going to make a few that actually shown myself in the video arguing about why Tomb Raider is worse now than it was before Legend *coughCrystalDynamicscough*, but I find it better to just work on music videos. lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Art Murder

Demi
    Years
    Hello! My name is Eivana, and I have been here for quite a while. I am not an experienced spriter, I can not sprite at all. Maybe you can teach me or give me some tips sometime.
    But I am a chatty soul, and if you want I will talk to you. Also, you can leave me a message on my profile and we'll talk. Everyone is really awesome here, so there is nothing to worry about.

Hope to see you more. =)

Okay, well thank you. I used to actually try it because a good friend of mine used to make Lurfle characters. They were cool as hell, I loved them. And he was an excellent spriter. But I just never really got the nack for it. I picked up YouTube video-ing, I enjoyed making AMV's, n00bish as that sounds. Hahaha!

Well, we'll definitely chat. It'll be a blast, buddy.

I absolutely adore YouTube. I was going to make a few that actually shown myself in the video arguing about why Tomb Raider is worse now than it was before Legend *coughCrystalDynamicscough*, but I find it better to just work on music videos. lol.
    I'd never want to put myself on youtube, I'll still to uploading AudioSurf videos and joke-songs.

One of my videos has over 2,000 views, I feel accomplished. xD

Back