• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] Hello, PC World!

stringzzz

Banned
    Years
    Hello, PC, it's been a long time. This isn't my first rodeo here, I came and went a few times, that's just the way my life went for me.

Anyway, I'll try to keep my introduction short, I have been kind of wordy lately. IDK why, but I'm nervous coming here for some reason, online stuff doesn't usually affect my social anxiety, but today it is.

Anyway, to start: I've been an off and on fan of Pokemon since I was 8 years old. There was a time in my life where I tried to hide the 'nerdy' side of me, but I learned to just embrace it, and it feels better, more genuine. I grew to love the Ghost Pokemon the most. I'm into the competitive side of the games, and somehow managed to claw my way to master ball rank with my all Ghost team in SV in either season 2 or 3. I put the game on hold for a while as I've been waiting for the Pokemon Home support to come out for SV. I have an EV-trained, low-level team waiting to transfer from Violet to Scarlet, so I can play through again. I've heard Home is offering support for the new games soon, but I'm kind of hoping they work out the bugs before I use it.

Aside from Pokemon, I am deeply into coding, and I'm going to college for Computer Science. I will soon be transferring up to a Uni, kind of a scary new thing for me. Also, I don't just play Pokemon, my Switch is full of many games, a little too many. Then again, I like having variety to choose from.

So to just keep it brief, I probably won't come on here too much as I kind of get a feel for this place again. That's all for now, see you around!

Hello, PC, it's been a long time. This isn't my first rodeo here, I came and went a few times, that's just the way my life went for me.

Anyway, I'll try to keep my introduction short, I have been kind of wordy lately. IDK why, but I'm nervous coming here for some reason, online stuff doesn't usually affect my social anxiety, but today it is.

Anyway, to start: I've been an off and on fan of Pokemon since I was 8 years old. There was a time in my life where I tried to hide the 'nerdy' side of me, but I learned to just embrace it, and it feels better, more genuine. I grew to love the Ghost Pokemon the most. I'm into the competitive side of the games, and somehow managed to claw my way to master ball rank with my all Ghost team in SV in either season 2 or 3. I put the game on hold for a while as I've been waiting for the Pokemon Home support to come out for SV. I have an EV-trained, low-level team waiting to transfer from Violet to Scarlet, so I can play through again. I've heard Home is offering support for the new games soon, but I'm kind of hoping they work out the bugs before I use it.

Aside from Pokemon, I am deeply into coding, and I'm going to college for Computer Science. I will soon be transferring up to a Uni, kind of a scary new thing for me. Also, I don't just play Pokemon, my Switch is full of many games, a little too many. Then again, I like having variety to choose from.

So to just keep it brief, I probably won't come on here too much as I kind of get a feel for this place again. That's all for now, see you around!

Hello Stringzzz, and welcome back to the forums!
    Don't worry about discussing here, we are not going to use Bite! ^^
    The Ghost pokémon are neat indeed, with their immunity to Normal and Fighting types! Which Ghost type pokémon are your favourites?
    Take all the time you need to get accustomed to PC forums.

See you around!

Hello!
    I've ducked out of SV for the while being as well and only hop back in for 7star starter raids for starters that I'm missing the HA of pretty much =P

Did you also try to beat the game with an all Ghost types team? Or would that be the 'low-level team waiting to transfer' ?
    What's your favorite Ghost type legendary Pokemon?

Do you have a favorite Gen of the games?

I don't have a specific favorite, I have favorites for different reasons. 4th Gen re-introduced me back into the games. 7th Gen got me more into the competitive side of things. And the current Gen allowed me to make the kind of competitive team I always wanted to have.

The Ghost pokémon are neat indeed, with their immunity to Normal and Fighting types! Which Ghost type pokémon are your favourites?

Yeah, their immunity is a good advantage in some ways, but of course they do have their drawbacks as well. My all time favorite ghost is of course, Mimikyu! It is not only cute, but powerful as well. As far as competitive battles, I grew to really like Ceruledge, Annihilape, and Dragapult. And Gholedengo... Actually, there's a ton of them that I might call my 'favorite'. This also includes Pallosand, even though it doesn't do much good outside of the in-game stuff. They all bring something unique to the table.

Hello! Did you also try to beat the game with an all Ghost types team? Or would that be the 'low-level team waiting to transfer' ?
    What's your favorite Ghost type legendary Pokemon?

As far as the Violet version, I started out using randos, until I got more and more access to ghost types. I think, by time I got to area zero I had an all ghost team, though it wasn't properly ev trained and bred to perfection. As for the transfer team, I ended up just going ahead and transferred them into Scarlet yesterday, and it was successful. My team in there consists of Ceruledge, Sandyghast (Shiny!), Mimikyu, Charmeleon (Just for something different, will probably switch it out for a Gholdengo), and the water starter (The name escaped me). I also have a Gengar to add to the team, but I can't use it yet since it's level 45 already. So far the game has been a breeze, since the team is all ev trained already. Besides playing through the game again, my main goal is to get my hands on a Flutter Mane, so I can finally add a Paradox Pokemon to my competitive team, and get back into the ranked battles.

Favorite ghost type legendary? The only one I ever had any experience with is Giratina, so I guess I would have to go with that one.

Mimikyu is a pretty interesting pokémon!
    Did you know there is one animated, slapstick short featuring a Mimikyu ?
    An official short from Nintendo!

Mimikyu is a pretty interesting pokémon!
    Did you know there is one animated, slapstick short featuring a Mimikyu ?
    An official short from Nintendo!

I didn't know about that animated short, I will have to remember to check that out.

Also, and I'm really surprised they haven't done it yet, but I think at some point in the future they will offer alternative cloaks for Mimikyus. I can only imagine, they could give it a Mew cloak, and people would refer to it as 'Mimikmew', hah.

I didn't know about that animated short, I will have to remember to check that out.

Also, and I'm really surprised they haven't done it yet, but I think at some point in the future they will offer alternative cloaks for Mimikyus. I can only imagine, they could give it a Mew cloak, and people would refer to it as 'Mimikmew', hah.

Here, I am sending you the link. ^^

That would be nice indeed! There are a good number of Pokémon fan arts who have tried that!

Back