• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello PokeCommunity, happy Friday to you all.

Cheetara89

Filthy, filthy casual player of games
    Years
    Good evening everyone, I'm Cheetara89. I pretty much came here for the romhacks, those have always interested me. Being able to play in a new region, with new (Or beloved old) pokemon, and a new massive storyline? I'm ready to play. Getting goofy, odd, or downright weird in a game, or a game with a dark sense of humor? Hell yes. Being able to finally catch my own starter out of an almost Safari Park-like area? Sign me up!

That said, I still like, and nostalgically reminisce over, the original games and will even replay the oldest ones on emu because I can't play on cartridge anymore..

...buuuut, the romhacks bring so much more to the table it's almost not funny. Almost. >_>

Thanks for taking the time to read, and don't forget: Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fhtagn.

Flower

✿ flower keeper ✿
    Years
    Hiya & welcome Cheetara! Awesome the ROM hacks brought ya here, hopefully you have a fun time in the ROM hacking forum. 8) Would still definitely recommend poking around some of the other forums when you get the chance as PC's got lots to offer. ^^ Loving the Houndoom avatar btw—is Houndoom one of your favourite Pokémon, by chance? What video games do you play or like (not only Pokémon)? =) Would love to know more about ya.

Enjoy your time here on the PokéCommunity forums and always feel free to message me via VM, glad to talk to anyone both old and new. <33 See you and have tons of fun!

Years
    Welcome!

What's ROM hacks? I saw the word somewhere but I don't understand what it is. Is it like when you "trick" your phone that you're in another country so you can play Pokemon go if it hasn't come out where you are yet?

Cheetara89

Filthy, filthy casual player of games
    Years
    Thanks Flower! Oh, I plan on it. I mostly play PC games, stuff like Terraria, or The Elder Scrolls Online. I really do like Houndoom, it was the first puppy pokemon I caught, way back in the days of Gen I and II. Plus it was one of the new Dark type Pokemon, which were so mysterious at the time. And Blue, a romhack is basically a hacked version of a rom, and you can do so much with these! I've played through Ultra Violet, my first long-lasting interest in romhacks. Ultra Violet was a hacked copy of Fire Red, made so that you could catch every. Single. Pokemon. up to Gen. III. There were events by the ton, and so many special places to go to in order to find rare items or pokemon. Some places were specially created for this purpose! I highly suggest playing Ultra Violet as your first experience in romhacks. You will need a GBA emulator, which you can find around the web, and the romhack in question. (I can't link to either of those, I know roms/hacks are illegal to post to in many,many places, so you'll have to either go pop into the Romhacks section of PC, or search on the wider Web.)

Back