• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello!!

JasoChrono

Number 1 Feraligatr Fan
Days
Hi! I'm Jaso and i decided to make a little introduction.
I guess this is a reintroduction thread since i already made one post a while ago asking for some help in romhacking(sorry for doing so before a proper hello), but i'd like to consider this my true introduction.
I've always had some contact with pokémon since id sometimes watch some bits of the anime on cartoon network and tried starting a save when i was really young, but i really sunk my teeth into the franchise back in the Fall of 2022 with the release of the V2 of the FNF mod "Hypno's Lullaby". I decided to get into the games to maybe get a bit into the references made in the mod, and so i started a Fire Red save. Since then i've played through Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh, beat some nuzlockes and some difficulty hacks, and done a whole bunch of fanart. I'm currently working on an enhancement hack of Pokémon Fire Red and plan on doing a fakedex and maybe a whole fangame.
Some of my hobbies include drawing, writing and roleplaying, and my favorite pokémon(and comfort character i think?) is Feraligatr! Although Gengar is a close second.
I've decided to enter PC to meet new people and interact with others about the shared interest of pokémon and maybe post some pokémon related projects, so i hope i can make some new friends :)

Years
Hi! I'm Jaso and i decided to make a little introduction.
I guess this is a reintroduction thread since i already made one post a while ago asking for some help in romhacking(sorry for doing so before a proper hello), but i'd like to consider this my true introduction.
I've always had some contact with pokémon since id sometimes watch some bits of the anime on cartoon network and tried starting a save when i was really young, but i really sunk my teeth into the franchise back in the Fall of 2022 with the release of the V2 of the FNF mod "Hypno's Lullaby". I decided to get into the games to maybe get a bit into the references made in the mod, and so i started a Fire Red save. Since then i've played through Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh, beat some nuzlockes and some difficulty hacks, and done a whole bunch of fanart. I'm currently working on an enhancement hack of Pokémon Fire Red and plan on doing a fakedex and maybe a whole fangame.
Some of my hobbies include drawing, writing and roleplaying, and my favorite pokémon(and comfort character i think?) is Feraligatr! Although Gengar is a close second.
I've decided to enter PC to meet new people and interact with others about the shared interest of pokémon and maybe post some pokémon related projects, so i hope i can make some new friends :)
Hello Jaso, and (officially) welcome to the forums!
I like roleplaying too! Which Pokémon characters do you enjoy roleplaying as ? A trainer with a team ? A Pokémon ?
I, for one, am always up for new friends!

JasoChrono

Number 1 Feraligatr Fan
Days
Hello there Jaso, and officially welcome to the PC!

You mentioned doing some Nuzlockes, which games did you manage to beat?
Ive only beat Fire Red nuzlockes. Even though i started saves on Johto, Sinnoh and Hoenn, i usually drop the saves to start playing another game or i wipe. I am however determined to finish a genlocke sometime.

Hello Jaso, and (officially) welcome to the forums!
I like roleplaying too! Which Pokémon characters do you enjoy roleplaying as ? A trainer with a team ? A Pokémon ?
I, for one, am always up for new friends!
I don't actually roleplay as pokemon characters. I usually role play through original stories created by me or my friends. One could say Its more of a role-playing GAME, but since theres no dice involved i think its not an accurate description. Although i would be up for a Pokémon RP If i ever met people who'd be up for It too!

Years
I don't actually roleplay as pokemon characters. I usually role play through original stories created by me or my friends. One could say Its more of a role-playing GAME, but since theres no dice involved i think its not an accurate description. Although i would be up for a Pokémon RP If i ever met people who'd be up for It too!
I sure am! There are several RP you can look into joining in the Roleplay Theatre!
Edit : There is an incoming RP about a team of Pokémon only in a fantasy style world! You are free to join! I am going to with a pirate Gardevoir! Yarr! ^^

Last edited:

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
Years
Ive only beat Fire Red nuzlockes. Even though i started saves on Johto, Sinnoh and Hoenn, i usually drop the saves to start playing another game or i wipe. I am however determined to finish a genlocke sometime.

Real quick, I merged your posts since they were right after each other, but all you need to do to respond to multiple users at once is hit the Reply button on all the posts you want to respond to beforehand! ^^

Anyway, that's really cool! Though I'm not sure what a 'genlocke' is. :p

Years
Hello!
I'm not really into Nuzlockes myself tbh, but there's quite a few people on here who do that sort of thing.

Do you intend to play through every region ?

JasoChrono

Number 1 Feraligatr Fan
Days
Real quick, I merged your posts since they were right after each other, but all you need to do to respond to multiple users at once is hit the Reply button on all the posts you want to respond to beforehand! ^^

Anyway, that's really cool! Though I'm not sure what a 'genlocke' is. :p
Thats very useful! Thanks for the tip.
Anyhow, a genlocke is a nuzlocke variant where you select multiple games and nuzlocke them back to back, and the hall of famers from the previous games can be passed down to the next. It's really fun to use some pokémon in games where they aren't supposed to be and its even easier to get attached to them after being with you for more than a region.
I sure am! There are several RP you can look into joining in the Roleplay Theatre!
Edit : There is an incoming RP about a team of Pokémon only in a fantasy style world! You are free to join! I am going to with a pirate Gardevoir! Yarr! ^^
Alright, that sounds nice! I'll be looking forward into joining them whenever i muster up the courage :)
Hello!
I'm not really into Nuzlockes myself tbh, but there's quite a few people on here who do that sort of thing.

Do you intend to play through every region ?
Oh, i would love to be able to play through every region. I still haven't finished Unova because trying to catch a Sigilyph with a >10% encounter rate and acess to whirlwind got into my nerves and made me drop the whole run lmao. But i am going to play through it whenever i get to that leg of my genlocke. As for the 3ds games, i'm not sure on how to download or even if my pc can run Citra. And i don't have a switch and even if, switch games are very pricey on my country, so SwSh and SV are a no-go, sadly. I do however find opportunities to play with pokémon from those games whenever i play a hack that makes them available, such as Inclement Emerald or Radical Red.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
Years
Thats very useful! Thanks for the tip.
Anyhow, a genlocke is a nuzlocke variant where you select multiple games and nuzlocke them back to back, and the hall of famers from the previous games can be passed down to the next. It's really fun to use some pokémon in games where they aren't supposed to be and its even easier to get attached to them after being with you for more than a region.

You're welcome!
And that sounds really fun! And also something I kinda did accidentally in Soul Silver when I brought up my three surviving champion Pokemon from the Rire Red Nuzlocke I had just finished to help me battle Red!

Back