• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help and Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osceola

Silent Warrior
    Years
    thanks!

thanks it worked! I didn't put it in my harddrive folder for rpg2003, thanks!
    But RM3k has a bad text font, how do i change it, what folder would it go in?

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Legendary_Reploid_Zero said:
    thanks it worked! I didn't put it in my harddrive folder for rpg2003, thanks!
    But RM3k has a bad text font, how do i change it, what folder would it go in?
    There are numerous amounts of text problems.
    Are you talking about wanting to change the font, or that the text just turns out weird?
    If it's the latter, a screenshot would help.

Osceola

Silent Warrior
    Years
    changing font

I mean changing the font.
    See attachment:
    Help and Request Thread

The "t" in Quit Game looks like a lowercase "L" . I have the font collection from phoenixgamez.com, but I don't know where to put it.

Also if I were to insert a sprite sheet of a character where would that go, I understand importing but what folder.(never mind I figured it out)

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    I mean changing the font.
    See attachment: https://img20.imageshack.us/my.php?image=titlescreen5sq.png

The "t" in Quit Game looks like a lowercase "L" . I have the font collection from phoenixgamez.com, but I don't know where to put it.

Also if I were to insert a sprite sheet of a character where would that go, I understand importing but what folder.(never mind I figured it out)
    Judging by the screen, I think what you need is the font patch for Rm2K3.
    I haven't got it myself, but look around google. There were quite a few links last time I checked.

A sprite sheet of a character would go in Charset(s). It's mentioned in the help file.

Oxnite

aka Arbok
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2016
    Just another question...

Maybe anybody already ask this question, but i dont gonna read whole the thread (22 page's!!!)

Question: ,,Does anybody have any characters for RPGXP from Pokémon, the sprites of the trainers, the characters...''

Oxnite

aka Arbok
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2016
    Thanks, but the most of the characters are 3 x 4. I think they are for RM2003, but i need 4x4 for RMXP, there are just a pair of that.

EDIT: OOH, WAIT A SEC! Already found, REALLY THNX!!

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2010
    In RM2K3 is see only a little bit of my tileset... Not the whole... How can i change that?

Osceola

Silent Warrior
    Years
    answers and own questions

Pokepearl: its probably 4x4 for RMXP, if you are using RM2k/3, you need 3x3, a bit smaller. (I'm having a heck of a problem finding resources that DONT need to be adjusted....:tired:

Daegon-H.K: thanks the font patch worked

1) New error: when I make a new message in RM2K/3, it works but it keeps repeating, do I have to set a switch. If so, how do I do so?

2) Is there any software in RM2k/3 that automatically adjusts RMXP sizes into RM2k/3 sizes?

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Pokepearl said:
    In RM2K3 is see only a little bit of my tileset... Not the whole... How can i change that?
    Though I don't exactly get what you're talking about, I'm going to make a rough(hopefully accurate guess).
    Well, RM2K3 has 3 different layers. The first layer; the lower tile layer shows only around half of the tiles that are in your tileset. The second layer; the upper tile layer, shows the other half of the tiles in your tileset. The third layer; the event layer, only lets you edit events. You can't add any tiles on this layer.

For exact measurements, please check out your RM2K3 help file.

Hope this answered your question. If not, please attach a screen, and if you could, please give a more detailed explanation.

Pokepearl: its probably 4x4 for RMXP, if you are using RM2k/3, you need 3x3, a bit smaller. (I'm having a heck of a problem finding resources that DONT need to be adjusted....:tired:

Daegon-H.K: thanks the font patch worked

1) New error: when I make a new message in RM2K/3, it works but it keeps repeating, do I have to set a switch. If so, how do I do so?

2) Is there any software in RM2k/3 that automatically adjusts RMXP sizes into RM2k/3 sizes?
    1. Are you sure that you don't have the event on Auto Start?

2. As far as I know, there isn't. Though RMXP is called an update to RM2k/3, they aren't compatible with each other.

Osceola

Silent Warrior
    Years
    however

H.K-Daegon: Yes, it stopped repeating but now it doesn't come at all...

However:
    are there any chipsets that are especially formatted for RM2k3? ALL chipsets that I have found are for RMXP!

Also anybody have a Gary sprite sheet for RM2K3?

Last edited:

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    H.K-Daegon: Yes, it stopped repeating but now it doesn't come at all...

However:
    are there any chipsets that are especially formatted for RM2k3? ALL chipsets that I have found are for RMXP!

Also anybody have a Gary sprite sheet for RM2K3?
    Are you trying to make a cut scene or something where the text just appears when you reach a certain place? If so, use the Auto Start event, but make sure that you place the Erase Event command at the end of your event. Also, if you happen to go there again, make sure that you use a switch/variable to prevent that event from happening again.

Remember, events have 5 different trigger conditions. Use them wisely. XD

Oh, and I think there're some chipsets in the Resources Thread. I've got quite a lot, so if there isn't any there(though I think there are), post, and I'll upload them here.

Here's Gary:

--EDIT--

The Gary charset's done by Avatar, so you'll have to get his permission. Sorry.

Raze-finiarel

Moon Gazer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2006
    Okay, I downloaded Avatar's Charsets and WinRar and am waiting for her permission to use them. I decided to take a look at them, just to see what they all look like. It said that the file was encrypted and needed a password. Does anyone know what's going on?

Osceola

Silent Warrior
    Years
    questions to ask and answers to some

Thank You Daegon H.K, but I have already acquired charsets from Avatar.
    And about the text, never mind, I should have put the event to be activated to work when the hero collides with the person.

But, I do need to make a little scene in the beginning where the hero is talking to himself. Then I need to use auto-start right? But I am not quite familiar with variables and switches. Do I select an event and turn a switch on? When I select the switch option or variable option, a window appears full of numbers like (0000-0200) etc. What do they mean?
    Moreover, what is a switch and a variable, what makes them different?

Raze-finiarel
    : you must ask Avatar for permission, but first read his thread and comply with his directions. Then PM Avatar and ask for the password. BUT YOU MUST AGREE WITH HIS REQUIREMENTS OR YOU CAN'T USE THEM!

TO EVERYONE: anyone have a ripped chipset for RM2K3 that is a chipset of your room? You know with the bed, carpet, etc. And the S.S. Anne, the inside and the outside of the ship.

Last edited:
    Years
    tiger778 said:
    Emuparadise and VBA website is where I found a good one try them
    thanks but it won't work, it comes up as an internet page after i downloaded it and it won't open. i need one that doesn't need unzipping.

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Thank You Daegon H.K, but I have already acquired charsets from Avatar.
    And about the text, never mind, I should have put the event to be activated to work when the hero collides with the person.

But, I do need to make a little scene in the beginning where the hero is talking to himself. Then I need to use auto-start right? But I am not quite familiar with variables and switches. Do I select an event and turn a switch on? When I select the switch option or variable option, a window appears full of numbers like (0000-0200) etc. What do they mean?
    Moreover, what is a switch and a variable, what makes them different?

Raze-finiarel
    : you must ask Avatar for permission, but first read his thread and comply with his directions. Then PM Avatar and ask for the password. BUT YOU MUST AGREE WITH HIS REQUIREMENTS OR YOU CAN'T USE THEM!

TO EVERYONE: anyone have a ripped chipset for RM2K3 that is a chipset of your room? You know with the bed, carpet, etc. And the S.S. Anne, the inside and the outside of the ship.
    Hope the file I've attached is what you want. As always, get permission, and give credit where needed.

allen2003 said:
    did you guys win on saving the pokemon dub? :D and where can i get pokemon anime's lol thanks!
    These kinds of questions don't belong here, sorry.

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    WHALESDUDE said:
    Wow... I'm in a fix! I need door charsets for walking into/out doors! Thanks!
    Hope this helps. This charset's from Rm2k3kid's Pokemon Liquid.
    Remember to give proper credit, and get permission where needed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back