• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help and Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 11, 2023
    But your head looks so juicy and nice.. Mmmm...
    You can find D/P Battle sprites and Trainer sprites Here

Meehh!! Thank you Dash. My head does not look juicy. It does not look nice. It looks like a normal head. Thanks you for the sprites. Only problem is, it's gonna take a frickin hour to rip all these:S

EDIT: Ok, I KNOW this question has been asked before. But I'll ask it nonetheless. (Search screws up for me.:@)
    How do you make new characters in RMXP? I want to add in the Pokémon but I don't know how!:( Please tell me.

Last edited:

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    Guys, you could stop chit chating...

RMXP HELP FILE said:
    Database Contents

To edit database contents, select [Tools], then [Database] from the main menu. Move through the tabs in the dialog box to edit the following data types:

"Actors": Data for the player-controlled party members.

(...)

Editing Data Entries

Apart from [System], the screen for each page is divided vertically, with the data ID and name listed on the left and the contents of that data entry displayed on the right. To edit an entry, click to select the entry from the list on the left and edit its contents on the right. Check the Tool Tips for more information on each entry.

Press [F4] and [F5] in the database window to quickly select the previous and next entries in the list. This can increase your efficiency when modifying multiple data entries.

Right-click on a data entry to make a pop-up menu appear that will allow you to copy, paste, and use other editing commands. Select [Multicopy] to bring up a dialog box that will let you specify the number of entries to copy at the same time. This is especially effective when copying over a portion of data from another project.

Changing Maximums

To change the number of data entries, click the [Change Maximum] button at the bottom of the list. A dialog box will appear, allowing you to set the maximum at any number between 1 and 999.

Increasing the maximum will increase the amount of memory necessary for the game to run, as well as slow down the speed at which it reads the data. Try not to make it any higher than is necessary.

Decreasing the maximum will erase any entries that may exist above that number.

Hope that helps

~Azura

Ruyin

Skilled RMXP Mapper
    Years
    Hey, everybody, me again. In my modded Exteradude CBS I'm trying to show the skill's element, (there's only one), but whenever I type skill.element_set it says cannot convert array into string, so I guess I have to specify but I don't know how to. Thanks in advance.

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    I think the reason Silph. Co building isn't in the chipset is because it wouldn't... fit there.

I don't really see any blank space there...
    ^^

RM2K3kid

Insane..
    Years
    Here's the RM2K3 chipset of the saffron city and sliph co. I tried to squeeze as much in as I could. Enjoy.
    Help and Request Thread

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    Ok, for that you need to do two things:

1) Set the terrain tag where wild pokémon appears:

Press F9 to go to Database. Click on Tileset tab and choose what tileset you'll be editing. After that, click on the last button on the right, called "Terrain Tag". Choose which tile will be the one you'll find wild pokémon (normally that tall grass tile). Click on it until you have a number different from 0 (I use 5).

Now click ok and let's go to part two.

2) Modifying script:

Press F11 to go to Script Editor, then search for Scene_Map class.

Scroll down until you see this:

Code:
    if $game_player.encounter_count == 0 and $game_map.encounter_list != []

And change that for this piece of code:

Code:
    if $game_player.encounter_count == 0 and $game_map.encounter_list != [] and $game_map.terrain_tag($game_player.x,$game_player.y) == 5

That's it... battles will only start when you step into tall grass.

Not tested, btw...

~Azura.

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    Ruyin, the syntax for showing an array with elements is:

Code:
    $data_skills[skill_id].element_set

Remember that it's an array, so you should put an [0] for the first element, [1] for the second, etc...

Like:

Code:
    $data_skills[skill_id].element_set[0]

Would show the first element for that move.

=)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back