• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help and Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegosJedi

Amateur Video Game Maker
    Years
    Hey, I'm looking through Blizzy's pkmn class script, and I'm trying to figure out what the show_pkmn variable is supposed to do. Any help would be great!

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    That variable is used in Game_Actor and Scene_Battle classes.

I've take a quick look on it, but it seems that this variable shows or hide a pokémon when you're in battle.

If show_pkmn is false, the pokémon sprite will be located at (0,-100) (offscreen).

Sorry if I made any mistakes here, I'm in a hurry ^^

Cya

Budgie_boy

A bold new journey awaits
    Years
    Quick Question

Does anyone know a decent FREE animation software that doesn't let the pictures lose quality. EG. BMP colours but GIF file types thingymabob?

Help is much appreciated! I'm trying to do an animated advert for My game...

LegosJedi

Amateur Video Game Maker
    Years
    Ah. Okay. Thanks, Azura. That helps alot!

Oh, and Budgie_Boy, look into the GIMP. (Sorry, in a rush, no link, try Google.) I know that it can do animation and things of that nature.

Last edited:

The Dash

Hurr.
    Years
    Only have them in RMXP format:
    Help and Request Thread

Help and Request Thread

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2007
    hey people does any of use know where i can get some zelda chip and char set's if you do please pm me thanks.

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    Depend on which game maker you're talking about...

I think I have some for RMXP, but don't know if that's what you want.

Zerus

Why >__<
    Years
    I need some help with RPG Maker 2k3

I was playing some of the midi files while I worked on my game and suddenly I cant play them again. NONE of them. If anyone knows what to do tell me please.

Zerus

Why >__<
    Years
    I tried re-importing them and that didnt work either but thanks anyways.

Thanks The Dash that was it. XD

Years
    Hi there,
    I got a question about wich program to use to create games ?! i have allready used RPG Maker 2000,2003, and Xp but it seems other programs like Sphere and GameMaker are more flexible.. so wich one do you guys recommend.. Sphere,Gamemaker or one of the RPG Maker series .. ?

Thnx

M.

The Dash

Hurr.
    Years
    Weelll I find that the RPG Maker series are best, however I'm a lazy bastard for learning Gamemaker and Sphere xD. RPG maker is more for the beginners I find but it can do some amazing stuff in the right hands. Sphere is definately more complicated but it is much more flexible and dynamic, it will also make your game look a lot more professional (don't ask why, it just does.)

@Budgie: I have no idea, it was in one of my old project folders.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back