• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Help catching Zapdos!

cranium

Lv 100 Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    ok heres how i did it
    and how i catch every legendary
    ive never spent more than 3 minutes catching one
    find a move thats not too strong and notch down its health
    when its hp is anywhere between 1 and 10hp, sleep it
    throw like 3 ultraballs....sleep it....throw 3 ultra balls...and so on
    it has to be caught in the end because it wont exactly run away
    aslong as you have X amount of ultra balls then you cant go wrong
    oh and if you run out of pp on your sleep powder (doubtful) just para that suka

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Before I ever got my AR, I used a level 100 Pokemon with Seismic Toss. It does damage equal to your level and most legendaries will have at least 200HP. I still use that in FRLG when I don't feel like cheating. Actually..I don't have much of a choice anymore. I lost my AR...

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
    Mullet said:
    I had it down to one HP using Leech Seed and it was asleep and it broke ot of an Ultra Ball after two shakes, plese help.

Thanks in advance! :classic:
    I spent 2hours and 12 hyper balls to catch mine-____-|||

Kaiorga8929

lulz.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 26, 2009
    well.... I used my Magneton at level 40... did thunderwave and two thunders.. left Zapdos with red hp... threw like 5 or 6 ultra balls and trapped it :D when Zapdos fainted my magneton, i just took out blastoise and since it doesn't know any electric move yet, I just let it drill peck my level 45 blastoise...

Bakura-kun

I AM the darkness... :P
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jun 5, 2008
    Heh, I just weakened it using Moltres' flamethrower (which knocked it down quite low), then used my Bellsprout's Sleep Powder and started chucking Ultra Balls. It took me a few tries to get sleep powder to work as it had to last 2 attacks from Zapdos. I actually found Zapdos the 2nd easiest of the legendaries (Mewtwo was the easiest for some strange reason O.O).

Merron

Hope of the Redoran
    Years
    Marowak learns False Swipe, and being a ground type it is immune to some of Zapdos' attacks. Just be patient... you will catch it. I have a sort of silly personal goal of catching all of the 'save-before-battle' Legendaries with an ordinary Pokeball. So far I caught Moltres and Articuno that way, but I restarted the game without catching the birds in order to try for a Shiny one (whenever I get around to it).

It took about 30 Pokeballs to catch Moltres. :( Since Zapdos is harder, it may take more, but don't worry... it's all up to chance. :P

ShadowCharizard

WELCOME TO MY UNIVERSE
    Years
    hey, if ur far enough along that the little shop on island two sells timer balls, USE THOSE. they work better the more turns pass. oh, yeah and also use a pokemon that has the ability 'static' e.g. pikachu, that way it will usually become paralyzed when it uses drill peck.

Back