• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Help changing Oak's intro sprite and player's sprite.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2017
    Ok, so I know how to change overworld sprites and battle sprites but I cant figure out how to change oak's sprite in his intro. I also can't figure out how to change the sprites of the male and female players you get to choose from in the beginning of the game. Any help is appreciated. I am hacking fire red.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
    Ok, so I know how to change overworld sprites and battle sprites but I cant figure out how to change oak's sprite in his intro. I also can't figure out how to change the sprites of the male and female players you get to choose from in the beginning of the game. Any help is appreciated. I am hacking fire red.
    Belongs in Beginner's Lounge subforum, as do any ROM Hacking Questions.

Thread Moved.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2016
    yes same, when I go into nse, the intro oak palette is only black and white and I can't change pallete. I mean I don't know how. Can someone explain?

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2017
    So I found out their numbers in unlz-gba. Oak is 342.
    When I write a new picture to the rom I select export pallet, but the pallet is always screwed up. What am I doing wrong now?

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
    Export in 256 colours and use B/W mode. Go into VBA's palette viewer when they're on the screen and save the bg.pal. Then load the image and palette together in an image editing software such as photoshop to get the correct palettes.

Back