• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

help ( ev training)

Elite Champion

The Old Pokemon Days <3
Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2012
    o.k so i recently started ev trainig and its taking for ever

ive got the macho brace ( no pokerus) but so far its been 45 minutes and iv only took down 25 gravellers. Ive gave it vitamins and stuff but its taking forever. Am i doing it right, can i speed it up without pokerus. Please help cause i hear people being able to do it in 15 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!

and can the mods please not shut this down as i want to help other people who are starting out aswell when i know how to do it

p.s ( it sais it doesnt increase until i get to lvl 100 but i got a increase of 14 how is this)

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
  • Well it sounds like you're doing it right if you're getting an increase of 14 a level. o--O

It definitely does not take 15 minutes. It also depends on what species the Pokemon is and what you are training it for. Take my Flareon for example. It wouldn't be a good idea to train it for special attack, since it's strong point is in attack. I would try checking on Serebii just in case. ;)

DrCoolSanta

Erode away...
    Years
  • Don't worry it takes that long. 15 minutes is not enough for EV training. It takes atleast an hour.

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2009
    Ev Training does not take 15 mins. Remember a max of 255 Evs can be placed on two stats. The only way to speed training w/o pokerus is, with the macho brace, and going to a certain area where the pokemon you need to beat are common to find, knocking them out in 1 hit also helps.

I think you can max out a pokemond Evs in under an hour with vitamins too of course. I did it with kadabra in spk. atk and speed

Last edited:

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • I recently EV trained my Kingdra to Level 50 on Silver. It took the best part of 3 days. Seriously. And tbh, looking at how far off Kingdra's stats are from the maximum available and the fact that I have other Level 50 Pokémon (With no EV training) whose stats aren't all that much worse off than Kingdras, I feel short changed for the amount of effort i've put in. Maybe I just bred an inexplicably weak Horsea, but I gave it vitamins at an early stage, and then trained it against very low-level Pokémon until it reached Lv 50. I was getting rises of 2 or 3 each level so it's not like I was doing it wrong. The only stat that comes anywhere near the max available is it's HP, which is lovely and nice but when its defence is still lacking it doesn't count for much.

The whole thing has put me off EV training tbh. I might just raise Kingdra to Level 100 then use the box trick. Which means basically all that effort I put into those 3 days was pointless as I can achieve the same effect and arguably better stats in a few hours.

And just for the record, I made sure I put Horsea in my party alongside a Pokérus Pokémon.

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
  • Ev training always takes longer than 15 minutes for certain, I would guess to speed the time up I would try to defeat the pokemon in one hit.

Crissy xX

Elite Champion

The Old Pokemon Days <3
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2012
    hang on 4 evs = 1 stat point

i thought that 252 was the number of stat points

cause i gave it vitamins thinking that gave it 100 stat points but is that wrong

eg

i gave my omaster 10 calcium does that give it 100 stat points at level 100

or is that the evs

( so far ive destroyed 31 gravellers does that mean i get 31 stat points cause of the macho brace (gravellers= 2 evs x 2 macho brace =4 evs = 1 stat point))

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
  • Yes, you will get 1 stat increase for every 4 evs you get for that stat. Say you battle 4 Zubat and gained 4 evs for speed. Then when you level up you will gain +1 for the speed stat.

I think you mean 255; that's the most ev points you can gain for a specific stat for each level before it's wasted. So you can't battle 300 Zubat and expect 300 ev gain, because it stops at 255 so you just wasted 45 evs.

Giving a Pokemon 10 vitamins gives it 100 ev gains for the specific stat you give it to (ex: 10 calciums).

Just remember not to go over the 255 limit. After you reach 255 for one stat you should choose a second stat to work on too.

I hope this helped. :)

Edit: This may also help- https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/ev.shtml

Last edited:
    Back